PDA

View Full Version : AM I The Only Feamale Bowler Here?

WolfGirl1980
04-26-2013, 05:30 PM
Am I The only Female Bowler here besides Judy Clemons ?

-Sara

SouthpawTRK
04-26-2013, 06:51 PM
If you look through the member list, there definitely seems to be a number of female bowlers. Yourself, Judy Clemons and Motiv Girl are members that are actively posting.

classygranny
04-26-2013, 07:43 PM
I just got registered a few days ago. I will attempt to be an active participant. I haven't been bowling very well and don't want my negative attitude to rub off on anyone, so I am carefully choosing what I post. Guess I should just be and not worry, but I don't want to be offensive.

I will try and help in any way I can. I am aware that we as women tend to throw the ball somewhat different than men, but that doesn't mean we aren't as good as they are, 'cuz we are!

TCJ
04-26-2013, 07:50 PM
You're just as good. You just don't throw as high of scores. :D

classygranny
04-26-2013, 08:02 PM

Oh, I know I'm "just as good" - and someday, my scores will be as high! :)

WolfGirl1980
04-26-2013, 09:39 PM
Oh, I know I'm "just as good" - and someday, my scores will be as high! :)

My Scores are getting there my highest score in League is 209 but in practice is 216 with my new ball the cyclone ball I would like to know is where you men get your icons the animated bowling ball icons and where is the member list and how do I find it oh and my knowlegs od bowling and form and technique is and will get there eventually cause I have always bowled my own way for my weight and me and everying to stay balanced I gained alot of weight back after the reversal of the gastric bypass ao I need to get back walking again eventhough it be a little sad since I lost my walking partner rencently my dog, my dog had to be put to sleep recently he was suffering so had to put him down he was a border collie and my best friend.

classygranny
04-26-2013, 09:49 PM
I need to get back walking again eventhough it be a little sad since I lost my walking partner rencently my dog, my dog had to be put to sleep recently he was suffering so had to put him down he was a border collie and my best friend.

It is hard when we lose our best friends, including our cherished fur babies. Maybe try something new like walking while listening to music - or maybe a neighbor - or neighborhood kid. Same activity but different - it's a good way to get past the memories. Just remember to embrace the memories, but not to dwell on them. Remember our lost loved ones for the great things they gave us in life and try and make them all proud of how we continue on after they are gone. I know it sounds like the old cliche, but believe me when I say it does get easier as time goes by. Time heals as long as we allow ourselves to move forward, find new activities, new friends, and never be afraid to talk about what's bothering you. Some days are just plain rough...others are easier.

WolfGirl1980
04-26-2013, 10:05 PM
It is hard when we lose our best friends, including our cherished fur babies. Maybe try something new like walking while listening to music - or maybe a neighbor - or neighborhood kid. Same activity but different - it's a good way to get past the memories. Just remember to embrace the memories, but not to dwell on them. Remember our lost loved ones for the great things they gave us in life and try and make them all proud of how we continue on after they are gone. I know it sounds like the old cliche, but believe me when I say it does get easier as time goes by. Time heals as long as we allow ourselves to move forward, find new activities, new friends, and never be afraid to talk about what's bothering you. Some days are just plain rough...others are easier.

Thanks for the advice I needed that.

-Sara

MICHAEL
04-26-2013, 11:29 PM
I use to be a female, but,,, But I knew it wasn't right!! ONE clue was my 19 inch (at that time), arms! I had a hell of a time getting ask out on dates, ( like to the bowling lanes), I also had a lot of facial hair, and a deep voice,,, I was trapped I tell you!! I did the right thing, and now I am Michael,,, not Michel! Your not alone, a part of me is still very woman..... you can be my secret friend! (PLEASE Don't TELL ANYONE) esp Bill , Striker, or LOCKWOOD! shuuuush!!!

classygranny
04-26-2013, 11:59 PM
I use to be a female, but,,, But I knew it wasn't right!! ...Your not alone, a part of me is still very woman..... you can be my secret friend! (PLEASE Don't TELL ANYONE) esp Bill , Striker, or LOCKWOOD! shuuuush!!!

That musta been some testosterone tablets you ingested!

Judy clemons
04-27-2013, 12:32 AM
michael, what r u trying to pull?

noeymc
04-27-2013, 02:03 AM
I use to be a female, but,,, But I knew it wasn't right!! ONE clue was my 19 inch (at that time), arms! I had a hell of a time getting ask out on dates, ( like to the bowling lanes), I also had a lot of facial hair, and a deep voice,,, I was trapped I tell you!! I did the right thing, and now I am Michael,,, not Michel! Your not alone, a part of me is still very woman..... you can be my secret friend! (PLEASE Don't TELL ANYONE) esp Bill , Striker, or LOCKWOOD! shuuuush!!!

you to iceman

MICHAEL
04-27-2013, 09:42 AM
you to iceman

Yes ,,, I used to be a Stroker, now I am a power tweener! My game has improved 1000 percent since the change.

billf
04-27-2013, 09:41 PM

My daughter has three 800s this season and twelve 300 games in the last ten years (her whole bowling life). A 12 year old girl I coach rolled a 796 this morning. I wouldn't mind putting either of these two against any amatuer male.

classygranny
04-27-2013, 09:49 PM
I don't like to think of myself as sexist, but I just love when a "girl" beats one of you guys. Especially the ones who "hate" being beat by a girl! And we can tell who you are when we are on the lanes.

I just want to say - Go Girls!

Bill, so I'm curious...who has the higher series overall, you? or your daughter? You are so blessed!

billf
04-27-2013, 09:57 PM
My daughter has more 300s and the higher series. She shot a 879 in a tournament in college. If she would practice instead of only bowling once every two weeks in league, I'm sure she would have the house record (843).

Females are generally and genetically stronger through the lower body than males (pound for pound). My theory is this: teach a girl to bowl like a girl and she will. Teach a girl to bowl just like you would a boy, then she can truly compete at an even level if not with an advantage.

TCJ
04-28-2013, 12:14 AM
My daughter has three 800s this season and twelve 300 games in the last ten years (her whole bowling life). A 12 year old girl I coach rolled a 796 this morning. I wouldn't mind putting either of these two against any amatuer male.

You do know I'm kidding around, right? It's true, I don't like being beaten by women, but then again, I don't like being beaten by anybody. Well, when I'm taking things serious that is (which isn't often).

WolfGirl1980
04-28-2013, 04:46 AM
You do know I'm kidding around, right? It's true, I don't like being beaten by women, but then again, I don't like being beaten by anybody. Well, when I'm taking things serious that is (which isn't often).

LOL That is a good one!!!!

-Sara

billf
04-28-2013, 09:39 AM

I wasn't sure if you were serious. I've seen guys punch holes in walls when a female beats them. Not liking to lose is a good thing, not liking it due to sex is just wrong.

MICHAEL
04-28-2013, 10:38 AM
Bill what's your daughter's fist name?? She is a better bowler then anyone,, ANYONE ON THIS Website to my knowledge!!

classygranny
04-28-2013, 11:54 AM
I wasn't sure if you were serious. I've seen guys punch holes in walls when a female beats them. Not liking to lose is a good thing, not liking it due to sex is just wrong.

Life is too short to be that serious...I love to win, and I do not like to lose to anyone - and I love to beat those guys that punch holes in walls, etc (those with that attitude), how can that be so wrong? LOL.

In my opinion, they are the one with the problem, I'm just helping them to address their "issues" and how they do that is a reflection on them - most times they don't appreciate the help though, LOL.

TCJ - I'm not sure yet if you've ever been serious - but I'm new here. Keep up the raillery!

TCJ
04-28-2013, 06:16 PM

One time a frustrated bowler automatically punched the wall. Unfortunately for him, it was a concrete block wall. Ouch!

So far, I've never had a woman beat me, though there have been some close calls. This year during the local tournament, the team opposite me had a woman who threw around a 600 with one game being around a 225. Fortunately I got near 700! I don't get in those situations much because I bowl on a men only league and only a few woman turn out for the tournaments. I'm thinking about bowling in a mixed next year, but I won't care if a six year old beats me because I'd be switching hands for that and won't expect much.

I'm fairly certain that if my sister were still bowling (and got some proper equipment) she'd beat a lot of the men around because she was consistently hitting the pocket. She just needed maybe a 14 lb ball instead of 13, a fingertip grip, and some more practice.

WolfGirl1980
04-28-2013, 09:16 PM
I am a serious bowler but I don't beat the walls or kick the ball return or punch it with my fist like one of my teammates on my fall/winter league the only thing keeping him from being a good bowler is his head his anger if he only knew when he does that its making it harder for him to actually bowl well and bring his game up maybe I should tell him but I am a little afraid to don't want him to get mad at me, but also want to help him improve his game cause he is also a nice guy he said he would put me on his team if he didn't already have a full team for his summer league so me and my friend joined a league together instead, and I usually bowl over my average around 170 or 150 I have bowlin 3 200's in my lifetime 2 with in this year the other was a couple of years ago. but since I came to this board my game has greatly improved.