PDA

View Full Version : *New Video* Criticize away guys!

I suck at bowling
04-26-2013, 08:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3yaxu7m7Cs

striker12
04-26-2013, 09:49 PM
ok well 1 thing i see you doing with down 1 handed and 2 handed is you move your head way to much at the line before the ball is off your hand but everything else is good.

1 thing at the start when you where showing the ball where is the pin i did not see it.

75lockwood
04-26-2013, 10:53 PM
Can't see the whole approach (move the camera back more) but from what i do see, you need to work on your balance, and not popping up at the foul line. work on not moving from your finish position until the ball falls off the deck.

also, this isn't a company ball reaction video... you can and should show your bad shots too lol

one last thing, you show the ball at the begining, it looks like the grips are not flush with the surface of the ball.... is there a reason for that?

I suck at bowling
04-27-2013, 08:03 AM
ok well 1 thing i see you doing with down 1 handed and 2 handed is you move your head way to much at the line before the ball is off your hand but everything else is good.

1 thing at the start when you where showing the ball where is the pin i did not see it.

Pin is drilled out, its a 5 x 4 x 3 layout, and we needed to drill it out.

I suck at bowling
04-27-2013, 08:06 AM
Can't see the whole approach (move the camera back more) but from what i do see, you need to work on your balance, and not popping up at the foul line. work on not moving from your finish position until the ball falls off the deck.

also, this isn't a company ball reaction video... you can and should show your bad shots too lol

one last thing, you show the ball at the begining, it looks like the grips are not flush with the surface of the ball.... is there a reason for that?

Those fingertips were just put in, lol

and I had one game of footage to work with. My laptop died, and thats where I keep all my video. So I had a 236 game that I recorded thursday, and half the shots weren't visible because I waled in front of the camera -__-

billf
04-27-2013, 08:15 AM
I have a tournament in 20 minutes but will look later when it's over.

billf
04-27-2013, 09:22 PM
Balance is off. Why? Because you're trying too hard to make power rather than developing it naturally you're forcing it with the upper body. Let your legs do that work.
Slide appears choppy at best although the camera angle or lack of, makes that a hard call.

So, your off balance, don't post the shot and head moves and all are related to the same cause. Other than that, looks good from what I could see. When judging form I want to see the bowler and don't give a darn about the shot outcome.

Tampabaybob
04-28-2013, 06:11 PM
Well, Kyle, there's not much more I can add here, that the other guy's didn't say. Look at the video, and notice your hop at the foul line, INSTEAD of a slide. You have a lot of revs on the shots and with that particular game you had a good shot and you were accurate. That will not always happen. To get your average up into the 210 -230 range and get over the "plateau" you're currently at, you need to make some changes.

Those changes start with your approach. #1 - Slow your feet down. Should be slow, slow, quick, quick. #2 - although planting that last step is not my preferred way of telling you to end up, many guys, do plant to increase revs. BUT, you still need to attempt to keep balanced at the line. That is the ONE aspect of your style that will get you more consistency. And from seeing your average, that's the major point I'd tell you to work on. Good luck let us know how it's going.

I suck at bowling
04-29-2013, 04:04 PM
Well, Kyle, there's not much more I can add here, that the other guy's didn't say. Look at the video, and notice your hop at the foul line, INSTEAD of a slide. You have a lot of revs on the shots and with that particular game you had a good shot and you were accurate. That will not always happen. To get your average up into the 210 -230 range and get over the "plateau" you're currently at, you need to make some changes.

Those changes start with your approach. #1 - Slow your feet down. Should be slow, slow, quick, quick. #2 - although planting that last step is not my preferred way of telling you to end up, many guys, do plant to increase revs. BUT, you still need to attempt to keep balanced at the line. That is the ONE aspect of your style that will get you more consistency. And from seeing your average, that's the major point I'd tell you to work on. Good luck let us know how it's going.

Thanks for all the feedback!

I've been above average in the last month, with a THS average of around 187-190.

Balance has always been a problem for me, I was a once a week bowler till about November of last year, and I never thought about fixing any of these issues.

I look forward to continuing to improve my game, and my next issue I'm gonna drill is posting up after every shot.

Tampabaybob
04-29-2013, 10:53 PM
Post another video in a couple of weeks so we can see the improvement. Good luck.

ghetto24
04-30-2013, 05:04 PM
why do you choose to throw two handed vs. one handed?

I suck at bowling
05-01-2013, 06:23 PM
why do you choose to throw two handed vs. one handed?

Because I personally enjoy bowling that way more then one handed.

I've bowled one handed in tournaments when it gets bone dry, so I like to throw a few strike balls like that just to stay sharp.

And I pick up a lot of spares one handed as well.