PDA

View Full Version : 5 League Titles in 5 consecutive Decades

Old lefty
04-27-2013, 06:56 PM
It's been a long haul but I finally made it...70's,80's,90's,2006,2013, I've bowled with a lot of great guys along the way and I would like to thank every one of them,we've shared some great times.As I always say..Bowling is a Sport you'll have for life and this really proves it,now if I'm still around when 2020 hits hopefully with the help of good friends I will be able to say 6 decades....got a nice ring to it,don't ya think ? :cool:

billf
04-27-2013, 08:34 PM
Congratulations! That's an amazing accomplishment.

WolfGirl1980
04-28-2013, 06:52 AM
Congrats, but if you don't mind me asking how old are you?

-Sara

Old lefty
04-28-2013, 07:43 AM
Congrats, but if you don't mind me asking how old are you?

-Sara

53 years young,1st title was at 18 in the 78-79 season,and I don't mind you asking.....:cool:

J Anderson
04-28-2013, 08:20 AM
53 years young,1st title was at 18 in the 78-79 season,and I don't mind you asking.....:cool:

You're going to have to use a different screen name, 'Not So Old Lefty'. I'm at least a year older than you, although as a sometimes lefty bowler I'm only 4 1/2;)

Congrats, that sort of puts you in the same class with Johnny Petraglia who won PBA titles in six decades.

WolfGirl1980
04-28-2013, 08:20 AM

I hope you last another decade as well same as my mom she older then you so if you don't last it then that saying something about my mom, my mom and me, are very close, I don't have a boyfriend and I want one very badly I am 32 and the guys I like never like me back or there already taken the guy I like in my fall league he already has a girlfriend but I have liked him for a long time before he had a girlfriend and I never did anything about it I never told him or anything cause I am too shy I am too afraid he gonna do what all the guys had done in my past had done when I had told them I liked them they laughed at me and made fun of me I was too scared he was going to do that so I never told himand he a great bowler I have tried to get him to come here from his facebook page he never responded to me he ignored my message guess he didn't know who I was cause facebook just shows my bowling ball for my profile picture, but I never been on a date I want to go one really bad some day I want a guy who will take care of me since I am mentally handicapor I wouldn't mind finding me a guy like the guy who was on American idol the guy that stuttered Lazaro Arbos he was cute and he seems sweet the only thing he couldn't do was sing but that don't matter to me. well enough about me.

MICHAEL
04-28-2013, 10:50 AM

Lefty.... you got a long way to go! LOL I am 64, just started bowling when I was 61,,, and bowled a 300 two weeks ago, Won first place in our league on Thursday nights, Monday nights, and currently first in the Big 22, with my wife! Iceman hopes not to melt, and is hopping for a good ten more years anyway! lol

Old lefty
04-28-2013, 05:58 PM
Thanks ,Bill

The German Shepherd
04-29-2013, 08:23 AM
Yeah, well I can say that I knew Old Lefty when he was a nobody! ;)

Well done Barry!

Jay

Old lefty
04-29-2013, 10:39 AM
Another Lefty....that would be a great accomplishment indeed,his were a lot tougher than mine....But thanks for making me feel good .Thank you John.

Old lefty
04-29-2013, 10:43 AM
Yeah, well I can say that I knew Old Lefty when he was a nobody! ;)

Well done Barry!

Jay
You can and you did......point of interest for you Jay,Bob Sheer was our lead off bowler on this years winning squad,didn't you bowl in college with him ??

billf
04-29-2013, 09:02 PM
They had colleges in the 1800s?