PDA

View Full Version : Contest Apr 29, 2013 to May 05, 2013 - Storm IQ Tour Pearl

BowlingBoards.com
04-28-2013, 11:48 PM
We are giving away a Storm IQ Tour Pearl for a random poster from Apr 29, 2013 through May 05, 2013.

== General Giveaway Rules

Every post made on BowlingBoards during the dates listed above will be considered an entry. Drawing will be done the first business day following the contest period. Winner will be contacted via email and through BowlingBoards.com.

BowlingBoards is a moderated site and reserves the right to delete any post deemed illegitimate, automatic, or just plain off topic.

The goal of BowlingBoards is to bring more people into our community. Participate in the conversations happening here. And while you are at it, you will be earning entries into our drawing.

IMPORTANT NOTICE! -- We reserve the right to redraw a winner if the winning post is not of quality content. Quality content is at the sole discretion of the BowlingBoards.com administrators. This means that one word posts will not qualify. Repeating what someone else has said does not qualify.

Just participate in the conversation instead of \"trying to win\" a drawing. The more you participate, the better your chances.

Jaescrub
04-28-2013, 11:56 PM
Wow that was fast 11:00 my time ;) guess I better check my emails to see if I won last weeks ha ha

scottymoney
04-29-2013, 09:23 AM
Watch out Michael may try to win this so he can have a matching pair!

The German Shepherd
04-29-2013, 09:42 AM
The guys I bowl with say this would be the perfectball for me...

Jay

Gunz1911
04-29-2013, 01:11 PM
Good friend of mine has this ball and seemed to work great for him. Not so sure on Butterscotch, but Would love to try this ball fitted to my hand.

striker12
04-29-2013, 01:34 PM
its probably going to be another person from facebook going to win this ball just like the past balls

mikenoodle
04-29-2013, 01:41 PM
I love my IQ Tour Pearl!!! The ball is the perfect skid-flip ball and it NEVER stops cornering!!!

I have thrown over 4 700 series in the past 6 weeks with this ball!!! Recommend!!!

J Anderson
04-29-2013, 01:56 PM
it NEVER stops cornering!!!

So if the lane were long enough and wide enough it would roll right back to you!

TCJ
04-29-2013, 02:23 PM
This is the ball that's guaranteed to shoot a 300, isn't it? Does the bowler have to try or is it automatic?

e-tank
04-29-2013, 03:09 PM
This is the ball that's guaranteed to shoot a 300, isn't it? Does the bowler have to try or is it automatic?

if the ball touches the lane, its a strike

Greenday
04-29-2013, 06:58 PM
if the ball touches the lane, its a strike

You can bowl a 900 with it in one game. You throw the ball and not only do all ten pins go down on your lane, but they'll go down on the lanes next to you too!

billf
04-29-2013, 08:51 PM
There are 45 of these on my scratch league. Funny thing is, the three 300s and two 800s this season WERE NOT thrown with this ball. Two of the 300s and both 800s were by one guy who used a Vivid (left hander) the other was with a Green Vibe.

Perrin
04-29-2013, 09:49 PM
I've bowled against this ball several times in the last year.

it definitely has it's own look going down the lane :)

e-tank
04-29-2013, 09:57 PM
You can bowl a 900 with it in one game. You throw the ball and not only do all ten pins go down on your lane, but they'll go down on the lanes next to you too!

one time as we were getting ready for league, a guy on the lane next to us pulled one out and the team that was playing him forfeited

GoodGravy
04-29-2013, 10:45 PM
I would love to see how this ball matches up with my regular house pattern....I have not seen anybody locally use one of these balls yet and would love to be the first. I guess if it is good enough for PDW.....

sukeetoshyoo88
04-30-2013, 12:02 AM
^ yup seems like i've seen this ball on the pba tour shows alot so far.
i've thrown someone else's, and it's definitely a hard hitting ball.

Judy clemons
04-30-2013, 09:17 AM
my hubby shot a 279 with his butterscotch beast last night in league play he had
x / x x x x x x x x x 9 = 279
as i have stated before the ball has rightfully earned its name
it is not only totally awesome - it is dynamite! highly recommended!

Jaescrub
04-30-2013, 01:15 PM
One of the not so great pro shops in town had one of his long time buddy's in the shop with him, tried to get my wife and I both to buy this as her first ball and my 2nd. I would like to try one but don't think I would buy one. That conversaiton turned me off of that pro shop for Life. That's why we got out balls from Bowlingball.com

ghetto24
04-30-2013, 05:00 PM
ive only seen a few in house, myself

MICHAEL
04-30-2013, 05:18 PM
I would love to have THIS ball!! Have heard nothing but GREAT things about it!!

ghetto24
04-30-2013, 05:23 PM
I would love to have THIS ball!! Have heard nothing but GREAT things about it!!

hahaha!!! ive heard it gives older gentlemen, such as yourself, their first 300 game... but honestly, maybe a back up might not be a bad idea? ive never personally owned a storm, but if this ball is as good as they say it is, it might fall under the same lines as the original inferno or early "road" series from storm. both of which are damn near impossible to get your hands on

James The Bowler
04-30-2013, 06:16 PM
This is the ball that dominates on PBA tour. This is pretty much every bowlers dream ball. I would have bought it from a pro shop not to far from my local one, but I didn't have the money unfortunately :/ This is the ball that would make me part of the Storm Nation, instead of sticking with Brunswick made products

MICHAEL
04-30-2013, 10:14 PM
Believe me its automatic,,,,, I bowled a 300 with one,,, now I want this one too!! I would drill it with the pin in the middle this time! O GOLD BALL,,, hear my plea!! Come to Iceman, its been a long time since I have won a ball,,,,, ( A 300 ring, then a new IQ pearl tour),,,,, Life would be a dream.. total happiness, a feeling of bowl-lashasness!!!!

Jaescrub
05-01-2013, 01:41 AM
I just got done talking with my Bowling buddy Chopper he wants this ball, after hating the two he ordered from from Bowlingball.com so I told him if I won I would give it to him ;) now can you win more then once?

MICHAEL
05-01-2013, 09:29 AM
I just got done talking with my Bowling buddy Chopper he wants this ball, after hating the two he ordered from from Bowlingball.com so I told him if I won I would give it to him ;) now can you win more then once?

ONLY IF YOUR A SUPER HERO, AND HAVE BOWLED A 300 IN THE LAST COUPLE WEEKS,,, O,,,, THAT WOULD QUALIFY ME!! lol

Jaescrub
05-01-2013, 09:20 PM
Ooook can I get an answer from some one who's not out for self? Ha ha ha ;)

classygranny
05-02-2013, 12:00 AM
Ooook can I get an answer from some one who's not out for self? Ha ha ha ;)

I will answer you and I'm not out for myself...lol, but you won't like my answer - "I don't know and that's a good question". Hope we get an answer (:<

Jaescrub
05-02-2013, 01:25 AM
Why thank you. I just wanted to know in the off chance, I was just given that guy crap cuz he really wants to win ;)

J Anderson
05-02-2013, 07:12 AM

As far as I know winning does not exclude you from later weeks' contests. I think that there are a few people who have won more than once.

Jaescrub
05-02-2013, 08:18 AM
Thank you very much for that info. Like I said my friend wants this ball but just spent his money on two new ones that he's not even using :/
So if I win its going to him but I did not want that to leave me out latter on.

MICHAEL
05-02-2013, 01:10 PM

Your buddy Chopper, doesn't deserve a ball from such a good friend as you!! "Purchased two balls from bowlingball.com,,,,and doesn't like them, or use them?
If you win that ball for HIM,,, make us all happy and JUST KEEP it for yourself!!

Your such a nice guy, you deserve that ball!! "He probably wouldn't like it ANYWAY! Who would know if you were to keep it for yourself, then you wouldn't have to worry about not winning in the future for being such a darn nice friend!

Iceman wishes he had YOU for a Friend!!

Jaescrub
05-02-2013, 05:05 PM
I am a nice friend. I kinda pushed him into trying a new brand and style of ball. He is not mad at me and really if I win and give it away its not a big deal. I would only keep I ball I wanted or needed if not gift it to a team mate ;)

classygranny
05-02-2013, 05:40 PM
I was just given that guy crap cuz he really wants to win ;)

I figured you were just given his crap right back to him..."What goes around comes around" LOL

But he's right...wish I had a bowling friend like you!

Jaescrub
05-02-2013, 10:25 PM
Ha ha ha I just know he wants that ball and I got two new ones I like. So why not right? It's always a good feeling when you give even when we where poor we would donate things we did not need.

TCJ
05-03-2013, 03:55 AM
So, today in a tournament this guy was stringing strikes with his IQ Pearl. It sure looked like he was going to win it all and then -- BAM! -- pocket seven ten! It's now officially off my shopping list but I'll still take it if I win it.

ghetto24
05-03-2013, 09:34 AM
So, today in a tournament this guy was stringing strikes with his IQ Pearl. It sure looked like he was going to win it all and then -- BAM! -- pocket seven ten! It's now officially off my shopping list but I'll still take it if I win it.

if this is a basis for buying bowling balls, how could you ever own a ball? there isnt a ball made that doesnt have the potential to do this at any given time.

classygranny
05-03-2013, 09:42 AM
if this is a basis for buying bowling balls, how could you ever own a ball? there isnt a ball made that doesnt have the potential to do this at any given time.

Nor would he ever bowl in the Brunswick houses in Phoenix! I have seen numerous 7-10 leaves blow a 300 for quite a few people this year. We all just blame the house and keep on bowling!

ghetto24
05-03-2013, 09:51 AM
Nor would he ever bowl in the Brunswick houses in Phoenix! I have seen numerous 7-10 leaves blow a 300 for quite a few people this year. We all just blame the house and keep on bowling!

this is no different than the people that think its the balls fault they arent carrying

classygranny
05-03-2013, 10:00 AM
this is no different than the people that think its the balls fault they arent carrying

True...but we have become a society of excuses. No accountability, no responsibility - not like when I was younger!

ghetto24
05-03-2013, 10:05 AM
in all honesty, i would love to win this ball. not because of the ball it is, but because it is a storm in general. i have never owned and/or thrown a storm bowling ball. they are really big in our house, well that was until the owner became a memeber of team dv8. but guys still swear by them. i just want that opportunity to see what the "hype" is all about. ive never purchased one because of the luck ive had with hammer, brunswick and dv8. yes, i know those two are the "same." so for me to buy a storm and not like it wouldnt be a good idea.

GoodGravy
05-03-2013, 01:03 PM
Would love to win this, if not, I'll be buying one in the fall for league....be nice to save the money so I can buy the team shirts this year :-)

TCJ
05-03-2013, 03:56 PM

First, the ball was never on my shopping list. Second, I wasn't being serious. Pocket seven ten leaves are something I see many times at my bowling center, so it's certainly not unusual, even for a new ball that was thrown well and seems to be perfectly in the pocket. I'm fairly certain the only ball that I've thrown in the past few years that has NOT left me a pocket seven ten is my T-Zone, but that's probably just because I've not used it much for my strike ball until a few days ago.

Jaescrub
05-03-2013, 04:37 PM
I'm new here so I don't know about the other contest but this one is killing it with post let all hope the winner is from here and not face book ;)

ghetto24
05-03-2013, 05:02 PM
First, the ball was never on my shopping list. Second, I wasn't being serious. Pocket seven ten leaves are something I see many times at my bowling center, so it's certainly not unusual, even for a new ball that was thrown well and seems to be perfectly in the pocket. I'm fairly certain the only ball that I've thrown in the past few years that has NOT left me a pocket seven ten is my T-Zone, but that's probably just because I've not used it much for my strike ball until a few days ago.

a T-Zone as a strike ball?

TCJ
05-03-2013, 07:20 PM

Yes. I placed third in a tournament yesterday using a T-Zone. I managed a 217 average.

STRYKER
05-03-2013, 07:50 PM
never seen the t-zone thrown for anything but spares what line do you throw with it ?

TCJ
05-03-2013, 08:02 PM
never seen the t-zone thrown for anything but spares what line do you throw with it ?

For the tournament, my feet were eight boards left of center. I have a mild drift to the right, I lay the ball down around the center dot and out to the second arrow.

STRYKER
05-03-2013, 08:29 PM
nice. what was your strike ball before you switched?

J Anderson
05-03-2013, 08:42 PM

Why not, last week I averaged 204 throwing only a White Dot.

Before you ask, I was shooting straight down the 8 board.

TCJ
05-03-2013, 08:58 PM
nice. what was your strike ball before you switched?

I was using an Inferno, but I was getting an uncontrollable hook with the lane conditions so I just decided to put it away.

MICHAEL
05-04-2013, 08:52 AM
Yellow is the color of my true love's surface!!!! Double your pleasure, double your FUN,,,,!! I need this ball, I am a Mormon!

STRYKER
05-04-2013, 10:45 AM
random thought but doesnt this ball remind you of the Rhino Woody Harrelson used in kingpin

MICHAEL
05-04-2013, 12:49 PM
random thought but doesnt this ball remind you of the Rhino Woody Harrelson used in kingpin

I need to get that movie, have never seen the flick....MAYBE TODAY!!! (If I can find it)!

e-tank
05-04-2013, 01:09 PM
I need to get that movie, have never seen the flick....MAYBE TODAY!!! (If I can find it)!

Aww man youre missing out! Admittedly though i just saw the big lebowski for the first time about 2 months ago

STRYKER
05-04-2013, 03:25 PM
both those are classics if you havent seen them gotta find em and watch em

billf
05-04-2013, 09:52 PM
I won previously and was averaging a new ball every 1,500 posts. Now it's beyond every 2,405 posts.

Jaescrub
05-05-2013, 12:25 AM
Well I'll just have to hope for better luck then that but that's good info thanks.

STRYKER
05-05-2013, 10:33 AM
seen this ball alot in leagues this year would be nice to have one of my own

Bonebrake
05-05-2013, 12:08 PM
This ball is pretty cool ill take it thanks lol

Jaescrub
05-05-2013, 02:25 PM
I can't wait I always get excited on Sundays for the Bowlingballs.com and Bowlingboards.com giveaways

Jaescrub
05-05-2013, 09:36 PM
Any one know the ratio between winners on here vs. from Facebook I feel like the Facebook thing is kinda silly. I know it's about advertisement but I feel like they add nothing to the bowling community here as I only see begging for a ball on FB as opposed to forwarding the game with helps and tips as is around here. Can I get a amen!

Perrin
05-06-2013, 10:31 AM
seems like 2-3 facebook per Board winner.

I can understand what they are doing though. they get their name out there and more hits from FB than they do from the boards.

They probably get more hits on the site per day from random Facebookers than those of us that are regular posters/viewers and since hits = advertising revenue... you see where that takes it :)

completely understandable from a business perspective.

e-tank
05-06-2013, 01:14 PM
FB won this week

classygranny
05-06-2013, 03:18 PM
FB won this week

How do you tell who won?

Perrin
05-06-2013, 03:49 PM
They post it on FB. (can also get more entries to the contest if you do all the FB stuff also)

Stormsoldier
05-08-2013, 04:57 PM
Towards the end of this last season I noticed as many Divas as I did Nuggets getting thrown. I would take one for sure