PDA

View Full Version : Storm or roto grip ball question

Jaescrub
04-29-2013, 10:37 PM
My buddy got a Columbia 300 wicked encounter and benchmark and hates them he's still pulling out his old Storm trauma what ball in the storm or roto grip line up would be most like his fav ball?

got_a_300
04-29-2013, 11:53 PM
There are several Storm bowling balls that would be close to the
Storm Trauma here is a few that would be a close match.

1. Storm Crossroad
2. Storm Manic
3. Storm Sync

and in the Roto Grip line

1. Roto Grip Wrecker
2. Roto Grip Disturbed
3. Roto Grip Berserk

This is just a few there are more that would be close also.

GoodGravy
05-03-2013, 01:43 PM
It looks like the Trauma was released in 2001 and has a Pearl Coverstock, an R.G of 2.51, a Diff. of .059 and a core that resembles either the current C3 (Master line core) or the Fe3 (Thunder line core).

With nothing else to go on, it looks like the one of the closest matches to the physical layout of the Trauma is the Storm Fire Road in the Thunder Line (Crossroad is close also but it is a Hybred cover). The IQ Tour Pearl or Marvel Pearl (Master Line) are close also.

I currently don't have any Roto Grip in my bag, but my wife LOVES her Disturbed. I have different Storm Balls ranging from the Tropical line up through the Premier line, and i could easily recommend any of them depending on lane condition and bowling style.

It might be best just to have your buddy head over to the nearest pro shop and see what they tell him.

Jaescrub
05-03-2013, 03:09 PM
We did that as well as asked strong what they thought with you makes three for the fire road. I guess that's the one we will get him. He liked the iq as well so if I win tht ball this week it will go to him thanks for all the help and any mods can delet this or lock it up thanks for the input every one.

billf
05-03-2013, 09:40 PM
Fire Road....I don't know anybody who likes that ball. Seems to be very condition specific. Hope it all works out for him!

Jaescrub
05-04-2013, 12:04 AM
Wow really no one! I don't know then now I'm at a loss :/

RoccoRock
05-04-2013, 09:01 AM
I hated my Fire Road. It was the ball I won from here so I can't complain too much. Sold it with less than 10 games on it.

zemeckis
05-04-2013, 09:22 AM
I love my fire road its one off the better balls i have owned in a while... most ppl seems to like the crossroad more.

Jaescrub
05-04-2013, 11:57 AM
Well I was trying to help him find a ball as close to his Truama he really loves that ball. And alsways shoots good with it. Last night in leauge Shot 263 all strikes except the 6th frame :/ he wants something new that's like that ball