PDA

View Full Version : Michael Fagan Switches Sponsors?!

The German Shepherd
05-02-2013, 08:20 PM
Michael Fagan has left TRACK and signed with STORM. I am a little surprised with this move...

Jay

billf
05-02-2013, 08:25 PM
Why? Why would he do this?! Storm must pay better lol Shame on Track for letting their best bowler leave. They did sign some different bowlers. Too bad they haven't bothered updated their site yet.

ArtVandelay
05-02-2013, 10:05 PM
Once he smells their balls, he will regret the decision.

(Wait... That can be taken multiple ways.)

striker12
05-02-2013, 10:55 PM
fagan is a good bowler and probly the best pro that track had ever throw there stuff.

we now fagan as alot of people liking him so my best guess is storm did this so that all fagans fans would switch over to storm too to up there sales but think not one bowler has left storm at all.

scottymoney
05-02-2013, 11:21 PM
He probably just wanted to roll something different. The one good thing about not being on staff for a specific company..... you can roll whatever you want!
He was with Storm previously, but it makes sense for Storm. Why not sign another guy who makes a bunch of shows?

Would have been cool to see him rolling DV8.

sukeetoshyoo88
05-02-2013, 11:33 PM
are you sure?

scottymoney
05-03-2013, 12:32 AM
are you sure?

https://www.stormbowling.com/news

sukeetoshyoo88
05-03-2013, 04:27 AM
https://www.stormbowling.com/news

damn that sucks...
seems like storm is trying to monopolize all the consistant TV finalist.
hope they dont snatch up mika, but it would definitely be funny if they got Rash to join some how.

The German Shepherd
05-03-2013, 09:20 AM
are you sure?

http://stormbowling.com/news/2013/05/4091

Jay

The German Shepherd
05-03-2013, 09:21 AM
I am a little surprised by this as Track has really been putting out some excellent equipment as of late...especially since they returned to the numbering system.

Jay

ghetto24
05-03-2013, 09:29 AM
track recently picked up mika, jesse buss (really good friend of mine) and i dont remember who the third one is

The German Shepherd
05-03-2013, 09:33 AM
I have seen Jesse Buss bowl and I am really looking for him to break out soon. If he wins one soon I think that he will win several soon thereafter.

Jay

ghetto24
05-03-2013, 09:38 AM
I have seen Jesse Buss bowl and I am really looking for him to break out soon. If he wins one soon I think that he will win several soon thereafter.

Jay

he actually just took the coaching job for our community college. they had their inaugural season this year. ive been a friend of the family for years. his brother is just as good but has the same problem with bowling as i do. we couldnt care less.

it was kind of weird seeing him on tv bowling for the motown muscle. the whole, "hey, i know that guy and just seen him yesterday in person" type thing. lol. now, i just hope we can see more of him and preferably him one on one on tv!!!

striker12
05-03-2013, 09:41 AM
track recently picked up mika, jesse buss (really good friend of mine) and i dont remember who the third one is

ghetto the 3rd bowler was dan mac from winsor, ontario, canada

ghetto24
05-03-2013, 09:43 AM
i wont lie, i was kind of shocked when i seen this today. like posted earlier, track has gotten their **** together and are kicking out some really nice balls. but at the end of the day, i suppose you have to go where the money is

ghetto24
05-03-2013, 09:48 AM
ghetto the 3rd bowler was dan mac from winsor, ontario, canada

thank you!

classygranny
05-03-2013, 10:09 AM
I have two stupid questions...

1. Isnt Track part of Ebonite?

2. If the pro signs with Track, can he only throw Track balls? Can he throw balls made from the parent/sister company; ie: Ebonite? And does this pertain to all times or just on TV?

ghetto24
05-03-2013, 10:13 AM

2. If the pro signs with Track, can he only throw Track balls? Can he throw balls made from the parent/sister company; ie: Ebonite? And does this pertain to all times or just on TV?

now i may be wrong but i believe its ebonite, columbia, track, and hammer?

as for question two, i dont really know. i would assume they would have to throw whatever they are sponsored by?

MICHAEL
05-03-2013, 11:14 AM
I am a little surprised by this as Track has really been putting out some excellent equipment as of late...especially since they returned to the numbering system.

Jay

Maybe,,, JUST maybe that's why! Who wants to buy a ball with a lousy NUMBER on it, when you can get an IQ,,, ( this country could use a little more of that lol)! Or,,, The Lucid Dream ball,,,, Tropical Heat!! Who was it that said: "What is there in a name, is a bowling ball not still a bowling ball even it is call by a unimaginative number!

Would you like it if people were given numbers, instead of Names....NO,,,, NO one would like that! Ball's need to be named, just like my mother 3252, said!

Track should stamp a number on its balls in small case,,, but they need a NAME,,,, THEY NEED A NAME!

Now USA STORM have the King of Swing, throwing their American Made Products! Numbers are ok for prisoners, but NOT Storm Balls!! My sweet precious yellow like gold IQ tour pearl!

J Anderson
05-03-2013, 02:46 PM

1. Correct, Ebonite owns the Ebonite, Track, Hammer, and Columbia 300 brands.

2. I'm almost certain that I've seen Storm bowlers throw Rotogrip and visa versa. I think the same is true in the Ebonite family. I could also swear that I've seen Mika wear both Ebonite and Track jerseys during the same season.

americantrotter
05-03-2013, 04:28 PM
Storm and Roto-Grip definitely flip flop between the brands. Saw a lot of Storm bowlers rolling the Defiant Soul on TV this year.

swingset
05-03-2013, 04:30 PM
Maybe,,, JUST maybe that's why! Who wants to buy a ball with a lousy NUMBER on it, when you can get an IQ,,, ( this country could use a little more of that lol)! Or,,, The Lucid Dream ball,,,, Tropical Heat!! Who was it that said: "What is there in a name, is a bowling ball not still a bowling ball even it is call by a unimaginative number!

Would you like it if people were given numbers, instead of Names....NO,,,, NO one would like that! Ball's need to be named, just like my mother 3252, said!

Track should stamp a number on its balls in small case,,, but they need a NAME,,,, THEY NEED A NAME!

Now USA STORM have the King of Swing, throwing their American Made Products! Numbers are ok for prisoners, but NOT Storm Balls!! My sweet precious yellow like gold IQ tour pearl!

Some of the most desirable objects ever made go by numbers.

http://www.hdwallpapers.in/walls/porsche_911-wide.jpg

http://guitarcleaning.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/WhiteGibsonES335withBigbsy.jpg

http://undersquid.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/44magnum.jpg

I actually like the number system, and think it's a lot cooler than some goofy name and big ugly logo on the side.

crimsoneyes
05-03-2013, 05:46 PM
I had read somewhere that Ebonite Intl is no longer doing four brand sponsorships. As such the players are choosing one brand to be sponsored by. I don't know if that means that they only throw that brand now or if nothing really changes except the logo on the jersey.

WolfGirl1980
05-03-2013, 07:20 PM
Some of the most desirable objects ever made go by numbers.

http://www.hdwallpapers.in/walls/porsche_911-wide.jpg

http://guitarcleaning.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/WhiteGibsonES335withBigbsy.jpg

http://undersquid.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/44magnum.jpg

I actually like the number system, and think it's a lot cooler than some goofy name and big ugly logo on the side.

Nice Gibson you found my next great love Guitars and man would I love to be able to play one I have an Alvarez red and black and took some lessons once and didn't practice reason I didn't is cause I couldn't remember what I was suppose to be practicing the guy game some chords to go over but to play them in a certain way I forgot the way he told me how to play it. The way I know how to play piano or keyboard is by ear I taught myself I still don't know how to read music and I wish I did I know every good boy does fine and face but the other stuff and timing that I don't know and chords I don't know chords I have an electric guitar and I don't know how to tune it I have a tuner app but that still doesn't help me when I don't know which way to turn the knobs or whatever there called and I heard its easier to learn on an acoustic guitar so I waiting till I have enough money for an acoustic guitar I would like one with a western style pick guard or a sunburst color acoustic guitar hopefully I don't wait till its too late for me to learn anything about them. I am trying to wait till I can get one for x-mas this year I am wanting an Ipad for X-mas in 2 years maybe I get that guitar cause next year there be a new Iphone out.

TCJ
05-03-2013, 07:32 PM

Other people have answered, but here's some more information on a bunch of companies that I gathered:

900 Global:
900 Global, AMF 300

Brunswick
Brunswick, DV8, Radical (Not sure if they actually own the company, but they do produce the balls)

Ebonite:
Columbia 300, Ebonite, Hammer, Track

Storm :
Storm, Roto Grip

Independent (to my knowledge - I could be wrong on some):
Elite
Lane #1
Lane Masters
Morich
Motiv
Pyramid

I'm fairly certain that I've seen a bowler use Roto Grip and Storm products in the same tournament. No idea about Ebonite and all their brands.

WolfGirl1980
05-03-2013, 07:40 PM
Don't you have to be Pro to have a sponsor? If so then why are we talking about it, is anyone among us Pro? I know one thing I would like to make bowling a career but I know I have a long way to go and I am 32 years old I hope I am not too old to be getting started are there any mentally handicap people who have bowling as a profession cause its all I think about it consumes me its all I wanna do for the rest of my life. What would the chosen career path be for mentally handicap bowler, what I mean is how far could a mentally handicap bowler go in this field?

billf
05-03-2013, 09:21 PM
No, you don't have to be a pro to be sponsored.
A sponsored bowler can use any ball under the umbrella of the parent company. It's all in the contract wording but as of last week that was how they were all worded.

billf
05-03-2013, 09:33 PM
He probably just wanted to roll something different. The one good thing about not being on staff for a specific company..... you can roll whatever you want!
He was with Storm previously, but it makes sense for Storm. Why not sign another guy who makes a bunch of shows?

Would have been cool to see him rolling DV8.

Scotty, I found where Fagan was with Brunswick in 2003 but I can't find anywhere showing or saying he was with Storm before. The scary part, Barnes was with Brunswick at the same time. How cool would it be to see Fagan, Barnes, Rash, Ciminelli and Ronnie Russel all throwing DV8/Brunswick!?!?

GoodGravy
05-03-2013, 11:53 PM
I'm not sure about the other companies, but Jason Belmonte is with Storm, and he used the Wrecker (Roto Grip) when he lost against PDW who was using 2 different drilled IQ Tour Pearls in one of the championships a few weeks ago.

I have seen Storm and Roto Grip guys and gals freely switch between both brands, since Storm bought out Roto Grip I guess they are just one big happy multi-million dollar family!!

Stormed1
05-04-2013, 01:16 AM
It depends on their contract. Those under the Ebonite umbrella could throw any of the 4 brands during qualifying but had ti throw what brand they were signed with on TV ie. Tommy Jones (Ebonite(, Bill O'Neal (Hammer), Mike Fagan (Track), Chris Barned (Columbia). I read somewhere that Tommy Jones has moved to Hammer and Ryan Ciminelliis now with DV

Old lefty
05-04-2013, 07:58 AM
Why don't we see MOTIV on the tour,seems to be a hell of a ball ??

billf
05-04-2013, 11:01 AM
Motiv rocks but they seem to be doing great without having to pay the huge PBA amount required to be a part of it. I find it funny that they are allowed to advertise at the events though.

billf
05-04-2013, 04:41 PM
I'm an idiot. Motiv did pay the PBA and they do have pro bowlers on staff. Dick "Richie" Allen being their top gun.

striker12
05-04-2013, 05:06 PM
I'm an idiot. Motiv did pay the PBA and they do have pro bowlers on staff. Dick "Richie" Allen being their top gun.

bill i just read the last post you put up and was goign to say motiv did pay but you already did how ik this is because at the masters there was a bowler names Zach wilkins who is also sponsored by motiv and was at the masters but he is also a jr bowler too. from barrier, ontario

Zothen
05-05-2013, 02:33 AM
A bowler can throw any ball he wants as long as it is not a competetor or he has a contract clause that states he can only throw Storm(Or whatever company he is with)regardless of weather Roto Grip(Or any other company) is in their family.

Zothen

WolfGirl1980
05-05-2013, 06:52 AM
Can someone explain the topic to me I am lost? Are we just talking about bowling balls and what are good bowling balls or which ball that specific bowler should use cause I never heard of him only bowlers I heard of is Belmonte and Barnes and Rash and Billy Hardwick and everyone knows Pete Weber.

billf
05-05-2013, 09:31 AM
Sara, look up Mike Fagan on youtube. He is a very popular and accomplished bowler with a huge backswing. He is also a Silver certified coach.

scottymoney
05-05-2013, 09:36 AM
Bill I definitely saw a picture of him with a Storm shirt on from early in his career. I will look for it again.

classygranny
05-05-2013, 09:55 AM
Sara, the discussion is about pro bowlers and their sponsorships. Pros sign contracts with major companies, like bowling ball manufacturers, and in return the company pays for things to make their competing less of a financial burden, like bowling equipment. They may even get other items or things paid for. In return they are expected to promote and advertise for that company, like using the equipment on TV, doing commercials. Maybe even meeting with the public in a forum situation for question and answer periods. Anything that gets their name out there so people will buy their product.

I believe the thread may have started, because the Pros will typically stay with a sponsor, and some changes of a sponsorship cause us, as laymen bowlers, to find it interesting and begin to talk about the change.

Bill is right. Look up Fagan. His style is often sought after to copy, as he is very fluid, powerful, and overall a very good bowler. His nickname is the King of Swing. He has 14 career 300 games, and 4 titles. He's been on the tour since about 2002. People get mesmerized by his swing (which I do as well), but watch his lower body (keeping in mind that this is where your power come from) and watch how the fluid arm swing and the lower body work together.

RoccoRock
05-05-2013, 04:38 PM
Fagan did bowl for Storm, but I don't think it lasted all that long. There's a video on Youtube of him vs Norm Duke, I think it was 2007. You can clearly see a Storm patch on Fagan's shirt.

striker12
05-05-2013, 07:47 PM
heres the video from youtube with mike fagan with storm patch on and throwing storm bowling balls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqRgdGTqeow

Bendial
05-15-2013, 05:40 PM

Lmao, I like your sense of humor Michael :)

RoccoRock
05-15-2013, 09:04 PM
I liked the number system Track was using. That was until they screwed it up. The 503T is more aggressive than any 7 series ball, and the 706a is less aggresive than any 5 series ball. If the numbers don't tell you the story, what's the point? With that said, I'm still considering the 811c/t, which is more aggressive than any 7 series, like it's supposed to be.

WolfGirl1980
05-16-2013, 06:23 AM
Sara, the discussion is about pro bowlers and their sponsorships. Pros sign contracts with major companies, like bowling ball manufacturers, and in return the company pays for things to make their competing less of a financial burden, like bowling equipment. They may even get other items or things paid for. In return they are expected to promote and advertise for that company, like using the equipment on TV, doing commercials. Maybe even meeting with the public in a forum situation for question and answer periods. Anything that gets their name out there so people will buy their product.

I believe the thread may have started, because the Pros will typically stay with a sponsor, and some changes of a sponsorship cause us, as laymen bowlers, to find it interesting and begin to talk about the change.

Bill is right. Look up Fagan. His style is often sought after to copy, as he is very fluid, powerful, and overall a very good bowler. His nickname is the King of Swing. He has 14 career 300 games, and 4 titles. He's been on the tour since about 2002. People get mesmerized by his swing (which I do as well), but watch his lower body (keeping in mind that this is where your power come from) and watch how the fluid arm swing and the lower body work together.

OK Listen all I just found out by going to Mike Fagan's website he is with Track not he is not with Storm anymore that is an older jersey he had and an older sponsor but his current sponsor is Track I should know I got his jersey and you can buy his jersey here http://www.faganbowling.com/fagan_jersey.html at least thats where I got mine I dunno if you want the type of ball he uses also or what but that is he jersey.

GeorgiaStroker
05-16-2013, 07:26 PM
OK Listen all I just found out by going to Mike Fagan's website he is with Track not he is not with Storm anymore that is an older jersey he had and an older sponsor but his current sponsor is Track I should know I got his jersey and you can buy his jersey here http://www.faganbowling.com/fagan_jersey.html at least thats where I got mine I dunno if you want the type of ball he uses also or what but that is he jersey.

Fagan signed with Storm earlier this month. His website just hasn't been updated. The jersey you have is from last year. I'm sure his New Jersey will be available soon.

RoccoRock
05-17-2013, 07:55 AM
Both Fagan, and Track's websites have not updated yet. The official announcement is on Storms website. It's going to be strange seeing him in a Storm jersey, throwing Storm equipment.