PDA

View Full Version : Went to league determined to bowl a 700, settled for a 800

JPbowl
05-03-2013, 05:46 PM
Have been bowling for fun on leagues the past 9 years.
I've been changing a little bit in my game the past month and feeling more confident, but could still not crack a 700 (676 HSS after 33 weeks.)
Mostly low to mid 600's, avg 196. The house just got a new oil machine a few weeks ago and i noticed a more consistent reaction.

Came in early like normal to practice & warm up with my friend. bowled 2 games. 210, 258.
Continued using my dv8 nightmare i begun the 10 minutes practice for league, it was working good but the hyde has been great the past few weeks for me and my friend.
When i say hyde, its the Columbia 300 Hyde. The first reactive ball i bought 7 or so years ago that netted me my first 600 series with a 160 avg.
Me and my friend had them refinished recently and this ball is amazing. i bought about 1 ball per year and nothing has ever blown me away more than the reaction of this ball.
(maybe a new thread for the hyde :cool: )

So in practice the hyde was working so i decided to start league with it, 4 shots in my friend noticed my ball change from practice 'good idea'.
Have the front 9, made a decent shot but not the same roll as the previous shots. left the bucket (im righty)
Could not convert... 262
Second game 10 in a row, heres the feeling again... pull it leave a 7 ... 289
Third game, strike spare (pulled one) (pressures off) strike out 280

I had overheard people behind me 'might have a 800 working...' but it was really the furthest thing from my mind.

If i just had a 300 already under my belt, i believe i would have been able to keep calm those for those final shots and ended up with a 880.
Instead i take home a 831.Thrilled, but theres room for improvement.

WolfGirl1980
05-03-2013, 06:50 PM
First of all Welcome to the Boards JPBowl , Congrats on the 831 series I am still waiting to get into the 200 average range my series are all in the 400's I had 3 200 games in my lifetime and been close many of times last week I got a 180 on my last game but if I didn't leave any open frames I would have that 200 and my first two games were below my new average but I start lessons with my coach my Monday if I don't have to go to funeral first cause my other cousin was murdered hit and run he was on a motorcycle he wasn't wearing a helmet or leather and the other guy was a Mexican here illegally and didn't have a license to drive and as if that wasn't enough the guy was drunk and driving and ran into my cousin but the crash isn't what killed him it was the artery something punctured the artery in the leg or the leg was cut off or something I don't have all the details and the Phillip that's my cousin on my dads side the one who was killed, his female passenger is alive and in the hospital and she also did not have a helmet or leathers and she got broken bones and everything and the kicker is the guy that ran into them doesn't have a scratch on him. So if you live in Kentucky its all over the news Phillip Frey that's his name you could probably look it up in the courier journal that's our paper here in Louisville well in the Louisville Metro area I live just outside of Louisville well if ever heard of Oldham County, Kentucky .

JPbowl
05-07-2013, 02:20 PM
Thanks, Sorry to hear about that.

I hope i can keep my games up there this week

Greenday
05-07-2013, 03:27 PM
God, I hate it when that kind of thing happens. Awful luck!

JPbowl
05-12-2013, 01:28 PM
Back to reality this week, bunch of 4 pins.
Still better than rest of season .. 666 this week

got_a_300
05-14-2013, 12:07 PM
Congrats on the 831 series and keep up the good bowling.

UBowling
05-14-2013, 02:02 PM
WOW! Really nice! I know a lot of 230 average bowlers who have never thrown a series that high. Way to go, you don't even need a 700 series, just keep skipping them and going straight for the 800s.

JPbowl
05-24-2013, 01:01 PM
Thanks guys !
So the past couple weeks i've been trying to keep the good scores coming
Last week league had a 640 and this week 713!
Finally got that 700, lol
Opened up last night with a 290, second game started with 2 through the nose splits. Had to adjust and ended with a 201. Last game i was comfortable with where i was but made another adjustment and had a 222.

We made top5 and get to goto a tournament next week.

JPbowl
06-15-2013, 03:51 PM
Well, we were eliminated first round in tourney, couldnt even shoot a 600 there. I got confused looking the the different approach setup and ball return thats so close i have to lean on it to pick up a 10 pin, ended up standing in the wrong spot too ;/

Still bowling well at my home house, last week shot a 728.
Started the summer league 3 weeks ago and i now have my highest avg ever. 223
Hopefully i can maintain it :cool: