PDA

View Full Version : Contest May 06, 2013 to May 12, 2013 - DV8 Diva

BowlingBoards.com
05-06-2013, 12:11 AM
We are giving away a DV8 Diva for a random poster from May 06, 2013 through May 12, 2013.

== General Giveaway Rules

Every post made on BowlingBoards during the dates listed above will be considered an entry. Drawing will be done the first business day following the contest period. Winner will be contacted via email and through BowlingBoards.com.

BowlingBoards is a moderated site and reserves the right to delete any post deemed illegitimate, automatic, or just plain off topic.

The goal of BowlingBoards is to bring more people into our community. Participate in the conversations happening here. And while you are at it, you will be earning entries into our drawing.

IMPORTANT NOTICE! -- We reserve the right to redraw a winner if the winning post is not of quality content. Quality content is at the sole discretion of the BowlingBoards.com administrators. This means that one word posts will not qualify. Repeating what someone else has said does not qualify.

Just participate in the conversation instead of \"trying to win\" a drawing. The more you participate, the better your chances.

classygranny
05-06-2013, 12:36 AM
This ball sounds intriguing. Although, I really don't care for the looks or name, I would gladly use one if I won one...just not sure if I want to put my own money into one.

I guess this post won't even count towards winning though, since it isn't the 6th yet. Oh well...that's what the wild, wild west does to you...instead of being a day late and a dollar short, we are too early and more than a dollar short...LOL.

Jaescrub
05-06-2013, 12:41 AM
Ha ha ha you might like this ball I have two dv8 balls that I like a lot they really do hit like a truck. good luck hope you win ;), hope I won the last one so I can give it to my buddy I guess we will see in the morning.

STRYKER
05-06-2013, 06:13 AM
a few guys at state were using this ball it had good reaction and carry would be a nice ball to add to my bag

Gunz1911
05-06-2013, 07:18 AM
Diva would be a nice ball to be able to throw, And Classygranny, Your post was at 0036 of 06 May, So you are good.

RoccoRock
05-06-2013, 07:19 AM
Diva=Sexy. I want me one. I'm buying a new ball next week and I'm debating between the Diva and the Brutal Nightmare.

ghetto24
05-06-2013, 10:04 AM
i mean, at this rate, i will have the whole damn line up. lol

but im ok with that!

classygranny
05-06-2013, 10:12 AM
Diva would be a nice ball to be able to throw, And Classygranny, Your post was at 0036 of 06 May, So you are good.

WoHoo....guess I get a 3 hr head start, as I realized it was only 9pm my time when I posted that. Good luck to all...better luck to me!

Perrin
05-06-2013, 10:35 AM
I have yet to see this ball in person. the reaction videos look great but they are supposed to right? :)

anyway I would be more than happy to have this dilled up to test it out. :D

ghetto24
05-06-2013, 10:40 AM
i have overheard (whether its true or not) that if you have high revs that this ball isnt for you. i wish i could remember why, though...

dragonballz
05-06-2013, 11:06 AM
I don't currently have any dv8 equipment. I see a lot of great bowlers using this ball though. I would appreciate and use the diva.

dragonballz
05-06-2013, 11:08 AM
I would gladly throw the diva...

TCJ
05-06-2013, 02:44 PM
Isn't this the second Diva they've been giving away in the past month?

classygranny
05-06-2013, 03:16 PM
Isn't this the second Diva they've been giving away in the past month?

Yes, it was back in April. That post was the one that caused me to actually register to participate rather than just reading all of the great information. Unfortunately, due to a website issue I didn't get approved in time and didn't have a chance to win. So I'm hoping this one is mine! I really, really want a new ball.

GoodGravy
05-06-2013, 04:09 PM
I have zero plans to buy the Diva, however, if I were to say, ummm, I don't know,,,maybe WIN one, I would be more than happy to use it.

billf
05-06-2013, 08:18 PM
i have overheard (whether its true or not) that if you have high revs that this ball isnt for you. i wish i could remember why, though...

Huh? It's not like Ronnie Russell or Mike Machuga are low rev players. My rev rate is just over 400 and this ball worked great for me.

Mike
05-06-2013, 10:31 PM
I'm thinking about getting into the tournament scene this fall/winter and will need more than just the one ball I have now. Winning this would be a good start to building my arsenal. Any idea how this will compare with my Fringe?

RoccoRock
05-06-2013, 10:38 PM
Not that I know a whole lot about the Fringe, but from what I can see the Diva would be a nice addition to your bag. It's stronger than the Fringe, and it will work better on Heavier Oil than the Fringe will. It should be a nice compliment to the Fringe. Plus, it doesn't smell like fruit, so it won't conflict with whatever silly scent the Fringe puts out. Good luck to you, and welcome to the forum.

ssclary
05-07-2013, 12:36 AM
190, 200, 185 Seismic LE

MICHAEL
05-07-2013, 11:30 AM
Huh? It's not like Ronnie Russell or Mike Machuga are low rev players. My rev rate is just over 400 and this ball worked great for me.

The reason it worked GREAT FOR YOU BILL ,,,,is,,, YOU ARE A Diva... LOL (:)

scottymoney
05-07-2013, 12:26 PM
The Diva fits practically everyone. My wife throws very little revs and she gets a great hook out of it. During the winter swing I got to see Russell and Machuga use it live and it looked awesome. It is a very popular ball as it was on back order in many places and took almost a month for my proshop to get in.

e-tank
05-07-2013, 12:57 PM

Technically couldnt any ball be changed to fit someone no matter how fast the speed or how high the revs?

For example how you added an entire bottle of polish to your HRR to make it work for you :D

bigjimbo316
05-07-2013, 03:26 PM
Would love to win this for my girlfriend. She needs a new bowling ball...BADLY!!

STRYKER
05-07-2013, 07:30 PM
ive been using Storm for awhile but the diva and brutal nightmare have made me consider switching to dv8 alot of guys in league had the brutal when it came out havent seen the diva much in person though but what ive seen i liked

ghetto24
05-08-2013, 11:26 AM

dont shoot the messenger. thats just what i was told. and i apologize for not remembering exactly why. i planned on getting one. but i switched to the marauder madness because of what i was told. maybe he told me wrong? either way. after everything i read about the madness, i couldnt go wrong

Stormsoldier
05-08-2013, 05:17 PM
Well think I posted on the wrong post which is what I get trying to do it from my mobile. I saw several Divas towards the end of this last season. I think there were as many of those as there were Nuggets which is what I am throwing. I wouldn't mind trying a Diva or even a Brutal Nightmare.

billf
05-09-2013, 10:48 PM
Well think I posted on the wrong post which is what I get trying to do it from my mobile. I saw several Divas towards the end of this last season. I think there were as many of those as there were Nuggets which is what I am throwing. I wouldn't mind trying a Diva or even a Brutal Nightmare.

Then you would have to change your username lol

dont shoot the messenger. thats just what i was told. and i apologize for not remembering exactly why. i planned on getting one. but i switched to the marauder madness because of what i was told. maybe he told me wrong? either way. after everything i read about the madness, i couldnt go wrong

I wasn't trying to shoot anyone, just wasn't sure why.

Technically couldnt any ball be changed to fit someone no matter how fast the speed or how high the revs?

For example how you added an entire bottle of polish to your HRR to make it work for you :D

Yes but it's always easiest when the bowler, ball and conditions all match. And it was only 7 coats of polish lol

Bonebrake
05-11-2013, 11:56 AM
I dont remember if I already posted on this thread and my phone has a seizure when I try to check so im gonna post again because I want this ball for my gf lol

TCJ
05-11-2013, 03:09 PM
I dont remember if I already posted on this thread and my phone has a seizure when I try to check so im gonna post again because I want this ball for my gf lol

I don't think you have to post on this thread to have a chance to win. It's any post on the boards, I believe.

STRYKER
05-11-2013, 05:12 PM
i thought only the posts in the contest thread counted

e-tank
05-11-2013, 05:17 PM
Posts on the entire forum count as entries

Bonebrake
05-12-2013, 10:49 AM
I heard that all posts on.other threads counted but i thought you still had to post on the contest thread for them to count

billf
05-12-2013, 12:28 PM
I know for a fact that you don't have to post in the contest thread. Both balls I won, I didn't post at all in the contest thread.
Of course that was back in the days when actual forum posters could win a ball.

STRYKER
05-12-2013, 06:07 PM
thats good to know

Jaescrub
05-12-2013, 06:36 PM
Not like It matters I think it's going to be mostly Fb entry's that win. But your here for bowling info and friends anyway so it's all good ;)

classygranny
05-12-2013, 07:05 PM
Not like It matters I think it's going to be mostly Fb entry's that win. But your here for bowling info and friends anyway so it's all good ;)

True...Great bowling info! But would still love to win this ball - just to say I got something for Mother's Day...lol.

Jaescrub
05-12-2013, 09:27 PM
Well I hope you get it then. I just got my wife her new heavy oil ball so she has three good ones for use on light med and heavy so I don't really need to win. Good luck

STRYKER
05-12-2013, 10:24 PM
what ball did you get her?

Jaescrub
05-12-2013, 10:40 PM
I let her pick out all her own equipment she got a storm lucid.

classygranny
05-12-2013, 11:52 PM
Well I hope you get it then. I just got my wife her new heavy oil ball so she has three good ones for use on light med and heavy so I don't really need to win. Good luck

Hey Thanks...that's really sweet of you to say.

Jaescrub
05-13-2013, 12:26 AM
No prob ill cross my fingers and pray you get it ;)

Judy clemons
05-13-2013, 04:37 PM
I would like to say thank you to all my bowling pin pals for all their congratulations and well wishes and wish you all each and everyone bountiful Showers of Blessings. yes, I am happy & blessed and a very PROUD MEMBER OF BOWLING BOARDS .COM

The German Shepherd
05-14-2013, 10:49 AM
I would like to say thank you to all my bowling pin pals for all their congratulations and well wishes and wish you all each and everyone bountiful Showers of Blessings. yes, I am happy & blessed and a very PROUD MEMBER OF BOWLING BOARDS .COM

Congrats Judy! That is a goooood ball...

Jay

Judy clemons
05-23-2013, 07:53 PM
My dv8 diva has arrived 5/23/2013 around 5:30 pm
i am excited to have it, i love the pink / black color
anxious to get it drilled so i can try it out soon!
I love the towel that came in with it too that was a surprise
my sincere thanks & appreciation to bowlingboards.com and
also to bowl.com your generosity is overwhelming!!!

classygranny
05-23-2013, 08:53 PM
Keep us posted on how this ball works out for you. I hope it is as great for you as it claims to be!