PDA

View Full Version : New Bowling Ball

dross69
05-06-2013, 09:08 AM
I'm currently bowling a red hammer vibe and am looking to get a ball that's a little more aggressive. My average is 150 and I generally throw the ball about 11.5-13 mph. Any ball suggestions would be great and helpful thanks

ghetto24
05-06-2013, 10:03 AM
im probably way off on this but if you are averaging 150, it seems like you need to to learn the game of bowling more than worry about new ball. i think if you get a ball thats more aggressive you will have a harder struggle learning to throw/control it.

but like i said, im probably way off...

classygranny
05-06-2013, 10:17 AM
Ghetto may be right, but I would question why you are thinking of a more aggressive ball. Is the hammer running out on you? Do you play different lane conditions and seeing more oil? More information may give you more informed opinions.

Greenday
05-06-2013, 11:22 AM
Ghetto may be right, but I would question why you are thinking of a more aggressive ball. Is the hammer running out on you? Do you play different lane conditions and seeing more oil? More information may give you more informed opinions.

According to bowlingball.com, the Vibe isn't a very strong ball. So it's understandable if dross bowls on heavier oil he'd want something stronger.

billf
05-06-2013, 08:36 PM
Misfit, Hy-Road, Venom Toxin are alll good balls that are stronger than a Vibe. The real question is whether your average is more bowler related or ball related.
Obviously you are missing a lot of spare attempts. Do you have a system for making spares? Ever consider a coaching lesson to get you pointed in the direction of a higher average?

***according to USBC data, the average for all sanctioned bowlers combined for the 2011-2012 season was 154. So your average is average :D

Stormed1
05-14-2013, 02:54 AM
If you want to stay with Hammer the Arson Hybrid wold be a good choice. 900Global Sure Thing, Columbia Eruption,Motiv Venom Toxin,Venom Strike or Thrash. As mentioned above a Storm Hy-Road or Frantic Brunswick Ringer all would be good choices. Talk to your pro shop guy who will know what works well where you bowl

UBowling
05-14-2013, 01:49 PM
If you want a good new ball that will work for most house conditions you will be facing, I highly recommend the Storm IQ Tour Pearl. The Venom Strike is also a good choice. Some more aggressive options that would be great are the DV8 Brutal Nightmare and Roto Grip Defiant Soul.

Also get yourself a plastic spare ball and practice, practice, practice. Make yourself a goal of hitting 50 10 pins and 50 7 pins each week. When you bowl to practice, try taking those two off of the rack without touching any other pins.

dross69
05-22-2013, 01:53 AM
Thanks for all the advice and suggestions.