PDA

View Full Version : giveaways

ghetto24
05-06-2013, 10:17 AM
i absolutely LOVE the fact you are giving away bowling balls. and all of us thank you for the opportunity to win them. but im a little confused. i understand with facebook it gets the board out there and spreads the word. but what i dont understand is how you can let someone win a ball just by "liking" "commenting" and "sharing" the post. i think they should have to "earn" it, or so the rules say. i think there should be like a 20 (or so) post minimum for them to win a ball. the rules clearly state that the posts need to be "actual participation." how is the facebook thing doing any of that?

maybe im way off, here? and i probably just lost any chance of me winning a ball considering you guys say you have to right to redraw a winner...

billf
05-06-2013, 08:45 PM
They don't hold it against you. I've won twice and don't hesitate to take them to the mat when I feel they screwed up. PMing is usually nicer BUT....since they started the Post Your Scores Thread to win a ball in Feb and STILL haven't drawn a winner from/for that thread, they deserve all the criticism heaved their way.
I haven't heard from Admin in about a month. Makes me wonder if they are monitoring the boards at all anymore. Seems to come and go in spurts since John Congdon isn't in charge of the site anymmore.

striker12
05-06-2013, 08:55 PM
bill i msged them on here about the cracked bridge on my hell raiser revenge never got no msg here but when i msged them on facebook they got back to me on last monday and that was it still waiting for a reply from them because i answered a few of there question and still nothing.

Jaescrub
05-06-2013, 09:40 PM
I'm with you! the face book people are doing nothing to further the sport and I don't see them posting on here just begging on FB for a ball. You will know my FB post if you read them ;) it looks to be the same hand full of people posting on here I'm thankful to that as well. I think it should be for the forum members only that might get more feet in this water! I only started a FB to watch UFC fights and enter the contest when I found out that the post here don't really count. If they did it would be the same handful of people winning ;) and I'm fine with that you got to pay to play. Help your fellow bowler out make friends give your opinion and win. F Facebook!

RoccoRock
05-06-2013, 10:21 PM
since they started the Post Your Scores Thread to win a ball in Feb and STILL haven't drawn a winner from/for that thread, they deserve all the criticism heaved their way.

There was also at least 3 balls during Christmas/New Years that were never given away. I know someone who was so pissed about that, and the fact he never won a ball, that he stopped posting. He would have stopped anyway, he also quit his league, and isn't bowling anymore.

I also think it's kind of crappy to give balls away to someone who's whole contribution to this whole community is hitting the like button. I think it should be someone who posts, and contributes to the actual forum. I understand the thinking, Facebook is a powerful advertising tool, but I don't think someone who doesn't post deserves a high priced piece of equipment. There's plenty of contests out there that they can enter without doing anything. Bowlingball.com, Bowling.com, and even manufacturers like Storm and Motiv have contests on their site. Go back to giving stuff to the people who actually use the forum.

I would love to win the Diva this week. I will probably be ordering one next week when my league ends, so it would be nice to get a free one instead. However, I know I have no shot. The odds were long enough when it was just a random post that won, but now with Facebook winners every week, you have a better shot at winning Lotto.

TCJ
05-06-2013, 11:02 PM
I don't use Facebook, but I had thought that they probably required comments on their FB page and not just a "like". The latter sounds strange, especially when they say on the boards that they have the right to choose again if they deem a post to not be something that contributes. So... if I were to post something like "I like this" on the contest thread, they could disregard that post but give the prize to someone who hit a button that means the same thing?

Jaescrub
05-06-2013, 11:21 PM
For real my post are hands down the best I think they just randomly pick ha ha ha.

75lockwood
05-07-2013, 08:53 AM
They don't hold it against you. I've won twice and don't hesitate to take them to the mat when I feel they screwed up. PMing is usually nicer BUT....since they started the Post Your Scores Thread to win a ball in Feb and STILL haven't drawn a winner from/for that thread, they deserve all the criticism heaved their way.
I haven't heard from Admin in about a month. Makes me wonder if they are monitoring the boards at all anymore. Seems to come and go in spurts since John Congdon isn't in charge of the site anymmore.

Be careful bill! Hondo might freak out on you for speaking up about the poor choices the site admins are making, remember you won a ball so you should shut up and agree with every half baked idea bowlingball.com has when it comes to this site!

http://i1074.photobucket.com/albums/w405/brl60/6a00e5500eaa978834015432e52e92970c-500wi_zps4b723d46.jpg

Gunz1911
05-10-2013, 10:34 AM
I agree that it should be just forum posters. Or if your a forum poster you have a better chance, 2-3x the chances of winning than just a facebooker. But I also do the FB like, share and comment to give myself the best chance I can, Can't win if you don't try. There are alot of other sites that do facebook events as well. I guess if they wanted to make everyone happy, Do a Facebook Ball then a Forum's Ball.

americantrotter
05-10-2013, 10:44 AM
I won a ball and it did take a while to get to me. Seems it was more on Storm than anything else. Feel bad because I havent posted as much, but a new baby will do that to you!

Gunz1911
05-10-2013, 10:55 AM
Haha Yeah. My wife is due within the month so any money I had going towards a new ball has been hijacked by her. Thats why I play all the FB games with a few sites that do give aways.

panbanger
05-10-2013, 11:49 AM
My favorite part was when Ball99999 won a ball then a little later he went nuts or something and got banned.

But yeah, if the purpose of giving the balls away on fb is to drive traffic to bowlingball.com or at least to this forum and THEN bowlingball.com, who knows if it's working.

I would GUESS that giving the balls away on fb lets them target a certain demographic. You can see who you are giving the ball away to and figure out if they fit the profile of a typical buyer at bowlingball.com

of course I'm totally guessing at all of this.

americantrotter
05-10-2013, 03:12 PM
I assume they are trying to target people who have a presence online. So it makes sense to go after them in many ways. (Social Media, Forum, At the website itself) People comfortable with being online are the ones who will purchase equipent online.

EDIT: Plus every company uses free product to promote itself. No surprise that certain equipment manufacturers do this and no surprise a retail website does as well.

billf
05-10-2013, 08:22 PM
I have no problem with them utilizing FB. My problem is the utter neglect that borders on contempt shown to this forum.

HEY BOWLINGBALL.COM, IF YOU DON'T WANT THIS FORUM, GIVE IT TO ME AND I WILL ACTUALLY TAKE CARE OF IT!!

Some of us are tired of being the red-headed step-child of bowlingball.com

glen290
05-22-2013, 11:08 AM
You can always join us at Bowluk.com and help us grow...:p