PDA

View Full Version : How do you feel about this?

Jaescrub
05-06-2013, 02:32 PM
Lets see how others feel about this. Is it normal for your balls to pit with tiny holes in all the etched wording? I just got a misfit and after about 5 weeks of league play I started to see hole appear where loners bowlers and rebels and the dv8 logo are I'm worried about dirt oil and other things that might get into the holes and do damage from the inside out. My brutal nightmare I got at the same time is not like that. Thanks for your time Jason S.

Jaescrub
05-06-2013, 02:33 PM
Sent pics and got this back. That is actually caused by air bubbles in the engraving fill material. We use an epoxy to fill in the engraving, and when there are air bubbles, it shows up like this. You can fill in these holes using an engraving fill crayon. This is done when names are custom engraved on bowling balls by the pro shop. It will have no impact on the ball performance.
Brian

Jaescrub
05-06-2013, 02:36 PM
Ok thanks just never seen it before I'll ask around and see if other brands do this? Like I said just never seen it and its kinda unsightly ha ha ha. Then Other ball brands have a different process. They use paint instead of epoxy, and from time to time, their logos will actually fill in with dirt or debris. The engraving crayon can clean up a logo in a hurry. What's the verdict? Where should I go from this?

J Anderson
05-06-2013, 05:18 PM
Ok thanks just never seen it before I'll ask around and see if other brands do this? Like I said just never seen it and its kinda unsightly ha ha ha. Then Other ball brands have a different process. They use paint instead of epoxy, and from time to time, their logos will actually fill in with dirt or debris. The engraving crayon can clean up a logo in a hurry. What's the verdict? Where should I go from this?

This is just a cosmetic problem. All of the epoxy filler could come out of the label engravings without affecting the performance or durability of the ball.

billf
05-06-2013, 07:50 PM
Cosmetic, yes. Should it have happened so soon? Not in my opinion but my opinion doesn't matter.
My Hy-Road had the paint come out in chunks within a month of getting it. It still worked great so I didn't care.