PDA

View Full Version : No one in Cali yet?

SCGeckos
12-16-2008, 11:37 AM
Well I'm in Orange County and have been going to Irvine Lanes in Irvine since I was a teeny kid! Played many a tournies there (and Westminster Lanes). Wonder if I'll find an old fellow bowler on here! That'd be way cool :)

ThongPrincess
12-30-2008, 01:11 AM
I'm also from So Cal, but a bit farther north. I've been living and bowling in the San Fernando Valley for many years. I primarily bowl out of Mission Hills Bowl, but coach the Juniors at Corbin Bowl.

The KingPin
12-30-2008, 10:57 PM
I'm also from So Cal, but a bit farther north. I've been living and bowling in the San Fernando Valley for many years. I primarily bowl out of Mission Hills Bowl, but coach the Juniors at Corbin Bowl.

Wow that is great you do coaching. If I can help you in any way please let me know as I try to work with youth and young bowlers. I believe they are the foundation of the future of bowling.

Chris

onefrombills
12-30-2008, 11:08 PM
Im in phoenix but LOOOOOVE Kerney Mesa Bowl <3

(Its so easy that Ray Charles can get an honor score)

ThongPrincess
12-31-2008, 02:00 AM
Wow that is great you do coaching. If I can help you in any way please let me know as I try to work with youth and young bowlers. I believe they are the foundation of the future of bowling.

Chris

I first certified through YABA in 1987 and coached when my kids were in juniors and then fell away when they left the program. My personal coach planted the seed and I took the USBC Level 1 in January '07 and started coaching in February. I then took the Bronze in June '07.

I 100% agree, the youth are the future of bowling. I am working on starting a bowling program at the Middle School where I teach. 2 portable lanes complete with pins and balls have been purchased by KYDS the afterschool program. I am just waiting for final approval. Hopefully by 2nd semester. Any suggestions are always welcome. I plan to break the sessions into classroom and on lanes. I plan to have 2 groups of 10 for about an hour each.

The KingPin
12-31-2008, 05:46 AM
I first certified through YABA in 1987 and coached when my kids were in juniors and then fell away when they left the program. My personal coach planted the seed and I took the USBC Level 1 in January '07 and started coaching in February. I then took the Bronze in June '07.

I 100% agree, the youth are the future of bowling. I am working on starting a bowling program at the Middle School where I teach. 2 portable lanes complete with pins and balls have been purchased but KYDS the afterschool program. I am just waiting for final approval. Hopefully by 2nd semester. Any suggestions are always welcome. I plan to break the sessions into classroom and on lanes. I plan to have 2 groups of 10 for about an hour each.

That's wonderful. Well if you think of anything you need, even practice jerseys or something for them, let me know. Maybe even stick on patches, anything to let the kids feel important and like a real bowling pro, let me know. I cannot do a lot, yet I will do whatever I can.

Chris

ThongPrincess
12-31-2008, 02:39 PM
That's wonderful. Well if you think of anything you need, even practice jerseys or something for them, let me know. Maybe even stick on patches, anything to let the kids feel important and like a real bowling pro, let me know. I cannot do a lot, yet I will do whatever I can.

Chris

Thank you and I will let you know as things take shape. I am excited about the possibilities. I would live to see getting some type of programs in other Middle Schools and possible competitions. The bottom line is I want it to be fun for them and get them hooked on the sport.

My home center is possibly going to allow us to bowl for free once a month - the GM just has to confirm with the owner. The only complication is getting the kids there, but my administrator has already agreed to work with me on that.

Again, thank you!

kev3inp
12-31-2008, 03:01 PM
You see, that's why she's a princess, you knaves. LOL! Best of luck, your highness, we need a lot more like you. And by that I do mean lefties! Gotcha!

cap685
01-26-2009, 01:00 AM
hello there, im in orange county too, uhh and i work at irvine lanes... lol lol... hmmm.. and used to bowl westminster. send me a reply and we'll talk.

The KingPin
02-18-2009, 07:12 PM
Wow 2 people in California? Hmm maybe California is a small state?

ThongPrincess
02-18-2009, 11:22 PM
Wow 2 people in California? Hmm maybe California is a small state?

Wait, there are 3 of us ;) LOL little bitty state with no people living here :p

The KingPin
02-19-2009, 12:08 AM
Ok 3 it is. We have a party now!!!

ThongPrincess
02-19-2009, 03:07 AM
Ok 3 it is. We have a party now!!!

:D :D :D

The past few weeks it sure has not felt like CA. Last week it never got about 56 for the high and rain. People in CA don't know what to do with rain :eek: The centers love the rain. Sunday my home center was a zoo all day long. What's funny is the rain didn't actually hit until night time.

dougb
02-19-2009, 12:57 PM
I'm in NoCal. Bowl at Earl Anthony's in Dublin.

ThongPrincess
02-22-2009, 02:07 AM
I'm in NoCal. Bowl at Earl Anthony's in Dublin.

#4 and the party grows! Welcome!

Nor Cal Bowler
03-18-2009, 02:01 PM
Im another one from Nor Cal... State Capital...

ThongPrincess
03-18-2009, 09:28 PM
Another Cali bowler! The party keeps growing - Welcome!

AIRBENDER
03-24-2009, 08:17 PM
Hey California,

I bowl at the El Dorado lanes near LAX.

pete300
03-31-2009, 04:11 PM
I am currently in Colorado but will be moving to the San Diego area this fall. Hope to find several good leagues to get on. Also looking forward to the tournaments California has. Any ideas.

LaneBreaker
06-11-2009, 01:46 AM
Hi All,

In northern San Diego county we have three alleys to choose from- in Oceanside, Vista, and San Marcos.
Vista is the nicest of them all.
In LA, I always bowled at PINZ in the San Fernando Valley. Very expensive but a lot of fun and Jerry's Deli is great!

I've been to Lucky Strike in Hollywood, CA, but its more of a party place and not a serious bowling alley. I think there was no oil on the lane at all. I think it had only 10 lanes.

Efusjon
07-19-2009, 08:40 PM
Northern CA up here. Actually need recommendations on where a 40 year old can take lessons? I got no form but with my own self-invented style I can bowl about 120, got over 150 twice in about 40 games.

twalling
07-26-2009, 11:46 PM
Just joined the forum, also bowling in Orange County. In league at Tustin Lanes, but also bowl for practice/fun at Irvine Lanes and Forest Lanes. So at least there are three here!!

jBryan
08-02-2009, 03:42 AM
Hi, just joined the forum. From SoCal in the SGV area, and I bowl at Action Lanes in El Monte. Just playing for fun right now, but I'm hoping to join a league in the next year or so as my avg goes up.

astrodanco
09-25-2009, 02:35 AM
Northern CA up here. Actually need recommendations on where a 40 year old can take lessons? I got no form but with my own self-invented style I can bowl about 120, got over 150 twice in about 40 games.
Wish I could help you there. I'm in San Diego county. I drive up to Saddleback Lanes in Orange county to get lessons from Missy Bellinder. She's an excellent coach. I've had lessons with a few other coaches before. Missy is a much better at explaining how to do things. Definitely worth the hour drive each way for me. Oh, and I'm a 50 year old male.

astrodanco
09-25-2009, 02:42 AM
Im in phoenix but LOOOOOVE Kerney Mesa Bowl <3

(Its so easy that Ray Charles can get an honor score)

With so few centers left in San Diego county, we're lucky to bowl wherever we can, easy conditions or hard doesn't really matter as much as just having a place to bowl, any place at all.

metalfan5527
06-24-2010, 07:46 PM
Im Bowling out of the LA area. Mainly GableHouse in torrance, but i also go to Cal bowl and keystone lanes somtimes.

LBL
12-05-2011, 05:46 PM
am from downey ca and bowl at del rio lanes and keystone lanes.. lets go so cal lets pick this board up

WaltMisser
01-20-2012, 02:16 PM
I joined recently, and I am in Sacramento County. I have bowled off-and-on (mostly off) for quite a spell. I am purely a recreational bowler.

warpdrvr
01-21-2012, 04:48 PM
Hi, New to bowling (last time over 30 years ago!) and new to the forums. Live in Orange County and have only bowled at The Concourse...picking up my new ball and shoes today!

Tokes
08-14-2012, 04:30 AM
Gotta represent Cali for a post lol. In So Cal where the best bowlers I know bowl lol (I don't know alot of bowlers yet cause I'm still pretty new). Mostly all I know is the seniors I bowl with tear me up lol.

edpup316
08-14-2012, 02:12 PM
Born in So Cal and live in Nor Cal. Cali boy through and through. Live in San Bruno about 16 miles south of San Francisco.

Tony Reyes is a great choice. He works out of 4th Street bowl in San Jose. Owns the Off the Sheet pro shop their. Used to be on tour. He only charges like 50 bucks for an hour and he video tapes.

Ball99999
08-15-2012, 03:32 AM
Central Cali here, anyone else?

AngeloPD
08-28-2012, 11:33 PM
Im from LA, and bowl in Jewel City bowl

rongarm
09-03-2012, 12:49 AM
Glad to see a few "so. Calif. folks. I live in Covina and bowl Covina Bowl and West Covina Bowl. I am a fellow "lefty", but i guess I really don't have to explain my handle.

Will chat more,

rongarm

VampyreBowler
09-22-2012, 11:43 AM
Central Cali here too. Bowl out of AMF Sierra lanes in Fresno.