PDA

View Full Version : Which Urethane?

TCJ
05-06-2013, 07:57 PM
I'm going to grab a urethane bowling ball for my left hand since I have a tendency to over hook on the current lane conditions. Which ball is, in your opinion, the best? I'm fairly certain which one I'll be getting, but I'd still like to hear other thoughts on it. If I've missed one that you'd like to mention, go right ahead.

To give an idea of what kind of ball I'm overhooking, I currently use a Roto Grip Pearl Cell (5 boards right of center out over (or just outside) 2nd arrow). I can hook my plastic ball from the side and up the 2nd arrow and into the pocket, but it has no drive.

billf
05-06-2013, 07:58 PM
Motiv Tank

Greenday
05-06-2013, 08:10 PM
I like the Storm Natural Pearl. I don't have one, but I knew a few people who do and they like it.

billf
05-06-2013, 08:24 PM
I have the Storm Natural Pearl. Good ball but the Tank is just as good, looks cooler and part of the money goes to the Wounded Warriors project.

ssclary
05-07-2013, 12:35 AM
I have the Hammer New Blue, Seismic Desperado LE, and I just picked up the Motiv Tank. Haven't drilled the Tank, but I am looking forward to drilling it tomorrow. I like urethane, lots of control and they finish hard enough and I have a high game 274 with urethane. I roll the LE the most but you can't get them anymore. I will update about the Tank after tomorrow.

Greenday
05-07-2013, 11:11 AM
I have the Storm Natural Pearl. Good ball but the Tank is just as good, looks cooler and part of the money goes to the Wounded Warriors project.

Wounded Warrior Project? That's my favorite charity! I change my mind. Go with the Tank.

I suck at bowling
05-07-2013, 09:12 PM
Natural Pearl is the greatest ball I've ever had.

I've averaged 194 since I have gotten it!

Shot 686 with it last weekend!

ssclary
05-07-2013, 11:39 PM
Drilled the Motiv Tank today and tried it out in league, right after the drilling with no practice. My average over the last 9 months in league play has been 175 with the seismic LE. First game with the Tank was 213, followed by a rough 144-I was pressing-and third game was 195. Overall I felt it did what I wanted out of a urethane, control.

Also of note, this was the first league night in over a year were I didn't wear my wrist support. Finally the wrist doesn't hurt from an injury that I created when trying to hook the ball using a reactive. I have only been bowling a year and a half with fingertip grips.

It appears that I was made to throw a urethane and the urethane exists to help a bowler like myself. I am thinking of trying The Classic urethane that came out last year.

TCJ
05-08-2013, 04:59 AM
The local pro (who knows how I bowl) told me that I should get the Karma but I'm not really enthusiastic about purchasing anything by Brunswick. I WAS trying to avoid them. That makes me look at the Tank a little bit more because it has a similar reaction from what I can see. I'm also considering the Blue Hammer because I may be able to obtain an almost new one from someone else. Not sure about that yet. I have to admit the low price on the Karma does make it tempting.

Keep the votes and comments coming. Thanks!