PDA

View Full Version : continuation??????

sukeetoshyoo88
05-07-2013, 08:06 AM
i dont get what that means.....
example track C series balls. stands for continuation, but what does that mean exactly?

CeKnauss
05-07-2013, 09:52 AM
In the quest to find a suitable answer for you, I found this: http://forum.bowlingchat.net/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6788

sukeetoshyoo88
05-07-2013, 07:03 PM
Haha. I read that thread after searching Google. So figured I'd ask here. See if anyone has some input on it.

classygranny
05-07-2013, 07:59 PM
Track balls series stand for...A=Angular; T=Traction; C=Control

Then the C started picking up the "continuation" language from their website rather than using the control language. No one I ask seems to know why?

My coach tried to explain to me what they were intending for the use of "continuation" and I sort of understood, but there is no way I could put it in words. Maybe if I see him soon, I will get him to put it in simple sentences I can post on here.

CeKnauss
05-07-2013, 11:56 PM
I suppose a good way to look at it is this:

A - Angular, most length, sharp backend reaction, "hockey stick" motion. (Therefore, it makes a sharp "angle" into the pins)

C- Continuation, moderate length, arcing backend reation, reads the midlane but doesn't just jump off the friction. (Therefore, it "continues" its same motion from wet to dry)

T - Traction, early roll, arc through the whole lane, mild to no noticable backend, designed for heavy oil or wet-dry conditions. (Therefore, it maintains "traction" through the oil)

This is about the best way for me to think of the three, just look at the different ball motions.