PDA

View Full Version : Help with foul line

steven408
05-08-2013, 02:55 AM
thanks in advance for all input. im kinda clumsy(right below the knee amputee with prothesis) and foul quite often, any tips on not fouling? i notice when i pay extra attention and come up far short of the foul line my release is early and way off... any input will be of help thanks, and by the way i am currently starting as far back as possible on the approach

JaMau24
05-08-2013, 02:57 AM
Make sure you have an approach where the distance of your steps are always consistent, then just start a little bit behind where you were originally starting.

Greenday
05-08-2013, 09:57 AM
Maybe start working on perfecting your approach. Are you approaching the foul line too fast that you can't stop yourself?

75lockwood
05-08-2013, 10:42 AM
Posting a video would help us understand and give suggestions on this, until then try to just start half a step further back on the approach and do what your doing now. not being balanced at the foul line could be caused by many different things such as a forced swing or early/late timing.

If you have a chance next time you bowl set up the camera and record a game or two.

Judy clemons
05-08-2013, 10:56 AM
I will offer a suggestion that might be helpful ...during practice drop a rolled up towel down straight across and right in front of the foul line. try to stop right before your toe touches the towel. you did not specify how many steps you take or if you slide. without more information it is really kinda difficult for anyone to start offering advice unless we go back to basics and start from scratch, in which case i would tell you to drop the towel at the foul line as mentioned above and then walk up to it and
turn around with heel of your foot touching the towel (not standing on the towel) start counting steps back to where you will start on the approach {4step---5step---6step] OR EVEN 1 STEP it is where you are comfortable at starting. Then take 1/2 step
and pivot so you are facing the pins this will be your starting point on the approach for example it would be 41/2 pivot or a 51/2 pivot or etc,,, good luck! happy bowling!

billf
05-09-2013, 10:52 PM
Go to a 4 step approach. Unless you're really tall you shouldn't get that far in 4 steps plus then it's easier to adjust timing. Are your last four steps long, long, short, short?