PDA

View Full Version : New ball for girlfriend

TweakX4
05-10-2013, 12:38 PM
So me and my girlfriend got into a doubles league this Sumer and she doesn't have a ball, so she's looking to get one. Thing is she uses an 12lb ball and I know that most balls have a generic core at that weight, so my question is, what would be a good ball for her to get, around the $100 range?

billf
05-10-2013, 08:27 PM
Motiv uses the same core for all weights in that ball's design. They are the only manufacturer that openly states this on their website. Others vary depending on weight so a lot of research is needed.

e-tank
05-10-2013, 08:36 PM
Motiv uses the same core for all weights in that ball's design. They are the only manufacturer that openly states this on their website. Others vary depending on weight so a lot of research is needed.

storm also does as well

billf
05-10-2013, 08:38 PM
I'm talking all ball weights E-Tank. Storm doesn't do it for ALL weights. We are going to get my God son an 8 pound Venom Toxin just for the core.

billf
05-10-2013, 08:44 PM
Some Storm balls use a generic core below 14 pounds, like the freak'n frantic. Others, like the Sync don't. Many companies do that so that's why I said there is a lot of research involved.

What's her favorite color combination? We can start there and list available balls in that weight and color with a real core.

TweakX4
05-10-2013, 09:20 PM
she likes the look of the shatter, and i see that that one has a real core at 12lb.
but she's not super picky on looks

e-tank
05-10-2013, 09:32 PM
Some Storm balls use a generic core below 14 pounds, like the freak'n frantic. Others, like the Sync don't. Many companies do that so that's why I said there is a lot of research involved.

What's her favorite color combination? We can start there and list available balls in that weight and color with a real core.

Ah okay. I just remember emailing storm and they said they keep the core shape but change the density of the materials in the core for the lighter weights

Stormed1
05-10-2013, 11:25 PM
Storms website now shows what core is in lighter weight balls

Judy clemons
05-10-2013, 11:39 PM
i suggest brunswick versa-max equivalent to twisted fury made for medium -goes long and has a superb backend finish,she
will love the look, sound, touch and finish this ball gives. i also recommend the T-zone for spares and if the price of the
versa max is a little too steep at this time then go with the brunswick sling shot ... it is living up to its reputation at an
incredible price. you can probably get the sling shot and t zone together for what you will pay for th versa max by itself.

billf
05-11-2013, 12:17 AM
i suggest brunswick versa-max equivalent to twisted fury made for medium -goes long and has a superb backend finish,she
will love the look, sound, touch and finish this ball gives. i also recommend the T-zone for spares and if the price of the
versa max is a little too steep at this time then go with the brunswick sling shot ... it is living up to its reputation at an
incredible price. you can probably get the sling shot and t zone together for what you will pay for th versa max by itself.

Great job pushing your favorite balls. Too bad they don't qualify as per the original poster's request. The Versa Max uses a different core below 14 pounds. The Slingshot is the same to 12 pounds. Of course the T-Zone is a generic core for all weights being a standard polyester ball.