PDA

View Full Version : new PBA animal oil patterns.

striker12
05-10-2013, 02:42 PM
the new oil patterns they just unveiled is the Badger, wolf, bear.

Badger- 52 feet
wolf- 32 feet
bear- 40 feet

http://news.pba.com/post/2013/5/7/PBA-to-Unveil-Badger-Wolf-Bear-e2809cAnimal-Patternse2809d-for-GEICO-Milwaukee-Summer-Swing-Tournaments.aspx

I suck at bowling
05-10-2013, 03:28 PM
Damn.

I guessed all the lengths correctly, I just though Bear would be 52, Badger would be 32, and Wolf would be 40, lol

Greenday
05-10-2013, 03:35 PM
Exciting. I still haven't bowled all the other animal patterns, just the Scorpion (Not that hard) and the Shark (Tougher). Still wish I could join a PBA experience league, but it's going to be tough with my work schedule that's 9:30-4:30. All the centers I'd bowl at are 30 minutes away from home or more and work is 30 minutes from home.

MICHAEL
05-10-2013, 04:06 PM
I agree greenday,,, I am going to make it appoint to join a PBA experience league this Fall! I think it would be a blast, learning experience, and humbling all at the same time!! House patterns are fun, and pretty easy! Its time to step up!! I would say a 300 or 700 even on a sports pattern would be very satisfying, and rewarding!

Greenday
05-10-2013, 04:20 PM
I agree greenday,,, I am going to make it appoint to join a PBA experience league this Fall! I think it would be a blast, learning experience, and humbling all at the same time!! House patterns are fun, and pretty easy! Its time to step up!! I would say a 300 or 700 even on a sports pattern would be very satisfying, and rewarding!

I just find that after bowling on a sports pattern, my scores when I bowl on a THS next are drastically above my average. Something like a 30 pin bump or so.

TCJ
05-10-2013, 05:10 PM
Unless the 52-foot pattern is light oil, it seems most people will have a hard time getting any kind of turn on the ball. Hopefully I'll get a chance to try them out next year.

Greenday
05-10-2013, 05:35 PM
Unless the 52-foot pattern is light oil, it seems most people will have a hard time getting any kind of turn on the ball. Hopefully I'll get a chance to try them out next year.

It'll probably have very light oil on the outside the second half of the pattern. Have to focus on creating a groove and be perfect to get high scores.

The middle pattern, the Wolf, will be a flat pattern making it probably the most challenging.

striker12
05-10-2013, 06:55 PM
It'll probably have very light oil on the outside the second half of the pattern. Have to focus on creating a groove and be perfect to get high scores.

The middle pattern, the Wolf, will be a flat pattern making it probably the most challenging.

yeah worst thing about the info page i found it dose not has how the lanes are but if the badger at 52 feet is med oil then you will have to play close to the pocket. and probably aggressive ball like the nightmare or brutal nightmare