PDA

View Full Version : Equivalent ball to the Reign of Power

classygranny
05-10-2013, 10:20 PM
What other balls would be equivalent to the Storm Reign of Power?

Judy clemons
05-10-2013, 11:12 PM
storm sync is just a cut above the reign has advanced perfection at 6 w/reactive resin and a symetric used for med-heavy
the sync advanced perfection 10 rg 2.54 and has asymmetric for heavy and also has the reactive resin and both are solid. hope this was helpful.

The German Shepherd
05-11-2013, 09:37 AM
Not sure why you are looking for an equivalent, unless you want a ball with the same/similar characteristics as the Reign of Power but looks different. I find the ROP to be a fabulous ball that hits hard and doesn't leave many 10 pins. I have mine drilled 65 x 4.75 x 65 and it gives me great length and good hard move to the pocket off my break-point. There is a ball out there, though, that seems to be another excellent symmetrical ball and that is the RADICAL YETI. Radical is a Brunswick owned product. The Yeti is getting good reviews...

Jay

classygranny
05-11-2013, 05:16 PM
Not sure why you are looking for an equivalent, unless you want a ball with the same/similar characteristics as the Reign of Power but looks different. I find the ROP to be a fabulous ball that hits hard and doesn't leave many 10 pins. I have mine drilled 65 x 4.75 x 65 and it gives me great length and good hard move to the pocket off my break-point. There is a ball out there, though, that seems to be another excellent symmetrical ball and that is the RADICAL YETI. Radical is a Brunswick owned product. The Yeti is getting good reviews...

Jay

A friend/teammate of mine is looking at the ROP, but living in the desert heat, she prefers not to use Storm products due to the pungent fruit smell if you have to leave the ball in the car a few hours while traveling, etc. Just wanted to get a few options for us to look at.

Thx for the info and any input you want to share.

billf
05-11-2013, 10:57 PM
That makes sense.
DV8 Diva, Marauder
Roto-Grip Disturbed
Motiv Primal Scream
Brunswick Meanstreet Brawler
Columbia 300 Oath, Vow

That's all I can think of at the moment

bowlerRob2
05-13-2013, 04:04 PM
A friend/teammate of mine is looking at the ROP, but living in the desert heat, she prefers not to use Storm products due to the pungent fruit smell if you have to leave the ball in the car a few hours while traveling, etc. Just wanted to get a few options for us to look at.

Thx for the info and any input you want to share.

I have a Storm ROP and I really like it but I only use it where there is more oil than usual or the pattern is longer. As for the smell LOL. Why o why do they (storm) have to make fruit scented bowling balls? If I want a blueberry muffin, I'll make some.

UBowling
05-13-2013, 06:17 PM
I LOVE the Reign of Power! Currently my favorite ball.

If you want something similar without a fragrance, go with the Roto Grip Disturbed. It will probably be a tiny bit more aggressive, but probably can't tell.

GoodGravy
05-18-2013, 11:04 AM
Agree....Disturbed

I have a R.O.P. also....just one word....Awesome!