PDA

View Full Version : Do you know a first-year league bowler?

Judy clemons
05-12-2013, 01:31 AM
With summer leagues approaching, first-year USBC members can improve their game with a FREE LESSON from a USBC-certified coach. Spread the word! http://t.bowl.com/PRQ9qI

billf
05-12-2013, 10:41 AM
At our center we also offer a quick seminar on what to expect to first time league bowlers free of charge. I go over etiquette, how to find your lane, the weekly sheets, pay envelopes, the general stuff you don't deal with open bowling. The hope is to alleviate any of the anxiety of trying a league.

Jaescrub
05-12-2013, 12:54 PM
It was my wife's first year. But she knew what was up before we started ;)

Gunz1911
05-13-2013, 07:56 AM
I just had my first night of league last night, went in solo and got matched up with 3 others doing the same. (4 person mixed league.) Is becoming sanctioned the same as a USBC Membership?

J Anderson
05-13-2013, 01:57 PM
I just had my first night of league last night, went in solo and got matched up with 3 others doing the same. (4 person mixed league.) Is becoming sanctioned the same as a USBC Membership?

Yes. I assume they made you fill out a form and collected some money from you in addition to the normal league fee.

Gunz1911
05-13-2013, 04:55 PM
Yeah I filled out the form, though they are letting me and a few others pay next week as it was a last minute decision to be sanctioned.

got_a_300
05-14-2013, 10:09 AM
Is becoming sanctioned the same as a USBC Membership?
Yes you will sanctioned and be a member of the USBC and you
will not have to pay the sanction fee again until next summer if
you decide to bowl in a sanctioned fall/winter league this fall.