PDA

View Full Version : It is a sad sad day...

UBowling
05-20-2013, 02:15 PM
Yesterday I was bowling a doubles tournament at one of my local centers and since it was on a house shot, the first ball out of my bag was the Storm IQ Tour Pearl. Well three shots in this happened:

Goldie was murdered by lane 33. I have a feeling the owner will try to have the pro shop patch this with plug, but I have worked in shops and know well enough that this is too big and it will affect the way the ball rolls so it is a goner. I am hoping they will replace it but I don't know for sure yet.

This is a sad day for me as this is one of my favorite balls I own, even shot 300 with it. Such a bummer.

Jaescrub
05-20-2013, 02:22 PM
Wow I have seen many nicks and scratches but nothing like this ;)

billf
05-20-2013, 07:01 PM
Another reason why 300 balls should be retired. Not that I would either but hey..

Greenday
05-20-2013, 11:05 PM
I was so upset by that picture that I by accident exited the screen instead of just going back.

ArtVandelay
05-20-2013, 11:54 PM
I was so angry I invaded Poland just because my last name is German and it felt like the right thing to do to show our displeasure in your loss.

Gunz1911
05-21-2013, 08:30 AM
How does such a large chunk come out like that? I can see getting gouged in it, but that almost looks like a defect where the initial blow just removed a bit and the rest just came out with the force. That or the guy in the back took an icecream scoop to it. Sucks man, sorry you lost a great ball.

J Anderson
05-21-2013, 10:33 AM
How does such a large chunk come out like that? I can see getting gouged in it, but that almost looks like a defect where the initial blow just removed a bit and the rest just came out with the force. That or the guy in the back took an icecream scoop to it. Sucks man, sorry you lost a great ball.

I think the gremlin in the ball return used an adze!

UBowling
05-21-2013, 11:52 AM
I was so angry I invaded Poland just because my last name is German and it felt like the right thing to do to show our displeasure in your loss.

I'm with ya!

The IQ Tour was so angry at the murder of his brother that he carried everything for the next couple games to enact his vengeance!

I have no idea how it happened, but it seems like there is a bolt or screw that might have been sticking out and it nailed it so hard that it not only gouged the ball but ripped off a chunk as well.

Greenday
05-21-2013, 04:56 PM
Continuing with bowling sadness, I was just watching the news and they were looking at the destruction. I couldn't figure out what the building was until I saw two bowling balls and a lot of lane-looking wood laying around.

Bendial
05-22-2013, 03:54 PM
Wow that's definitely weird...I would contact Storm for a warranty replacement that looks like a manufacturers defect, I can't imagine how any equipment at a bowling center would do that.

One question...do you ever soak your ball to clean the oil out? I tried soaking mine one time and then a few weeks later i got a big crack in the bridge between the two finger holes :(

scottymoney
05-24-2013, 06:57 PM
Now with the huge chunk missing we can now call it "IQ Tour Death Star"!
Do you by chance see a crack where Luke can fly in and blow it up?

Judy clemons
05-25-2013, 03:32 AM
i am truly sorry that happened to your prize storm IQ Pearl, i sincerely hope that you will be able to get a full replacement
for it in short order, although it will not be the same prized ball you had. You mentioned you were bowling in the doubles and
i know that had to be upsetting when that happened but you raised my curiosity and i am certainly going to ask how did your
bowling scores go? did you win?

Jaescrub
05-25-2013, 11:40 AM
I just feel bad for ya I know every one that has this ball loves it. Chopper used it for the first time last night at league and this ball would come back from places you thought all hope was lost and still hit the pocket! Let us know what the place you got it from says.

DLP
05-27-2013, 10:05 PM
Is this a thing with Storm? The reason I am asking is when we picked up my hubby's ball last week from the pro, he was in the process of drilling a replacement Fringe that had an untimely and horrid demise that Storm had replaced under warranty. Sorry about your ball :(

Jaescrub
05-29-2013, 08:57 AM
Ok it's been some time now what was said is it going to be replaced?

bjeffe1234
05-31-2013, 11:54 AM
I was so upset by that picture that I by accident exited the screen instead of just going back.

Me too!!!!