PDA

View Full Version : Mongoose Lifter

MICHAEL
05-20-2013, 04:25 PM
Any of you use the (Mongoose lifter)? Was wondering which model most of you use. Want to get one for my wife, Manic. She likes red, and I notice they make a red model. My question is WHICH MODEL do most of you, that have one, prefer! Are all the models the same, or does one seem to have more to offer?

ArtVandelay
05-20-2013, 11:45 PM
Rikki-Tikki-Tavi?

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2v17oWHlp1r8jgbfo1_400.jpg

Rdmonster
05-26-2013, 04:59 PM
I have one and while it's decent enough it's not my cup of tea. I'm going to try something else. The strap that goes around the fingers has a tendency to rub the webbing between my pinkie and ring finger when I wear it that way. The straps that go around my forearm are a touch to long so it requites alot of adjustment. This is my experience only of course. I used it some in practice and league and didnt feel it helped much. It did provide a consistant thumb release.

STRYKER
05-26-2013, 05:36 PM
Sorry if i sound like a newb but what exactly is a mongoose lifter cant recall ever hearing of it ?

Greenday
05-26-2013, 07:31 PM
Sorry if i sound like a newb but what exactly is a mongoose lifter cant recall ever hearing of it ?

It's a wrist support.

GoodGravy
05-26-2013, 08:45 PM
I have the Mongoose Equalizer. It is mostly helpful to keep your hand 'underneath' and to keep your wrist from opening up. I tend to use my wrist a lot depending on what is going on, so I find is a little limiting, however if your problem is opening up your wrist to early, this model does a great job keeping your wrist in position.

Although I have never had much of a problem with this, I also suspect that it would be a good device if you had a problem with a weaker wrist by helping it stay in position.

got_a_300
05-28-2013, 01:24 PM

Here you go STRYKER this is what a Mongoose Lifter is Mongoose Lifter (http://www.bowlingball.com/products/bowling-accessories/Mongoose/7602/Lifter-Right-Handed.html)

Faithacabra
05-28-2013, 02:53 PM
In my opinion the Mongoose Lifter is the best wrist support training tool if you are trying to learn to hook your bowling ball. I did not throw my ball with really any hook for a very long time and this support helped to train my hand and wrist to properly release the ball for hook. The lifter helps to give your bowling ball release more lift, which generates more revolutions and ultimately more hook. The great thing about this wrist support is that you do not have to use it as a crutch. If you use it properly for enough time for your muscle memory to pick up the feeling it gives you when you release the ball, you can start throwing that way without the wrist support!

DLP
05-28-2013, 04:41 PM
Let me know how it turns out. I just found out that my hubby ordered me one :)

MICHAEL
05-28-2013, 10:45 PM
Manic bowled with it Sunday, practice games, we bowled 3 each. after the fist game, (getting use to wearing it) she had a 186, the a 211! I could see the ball had more revolutions and she was even more accurate with her placement of the ball. So,,, she LIKES IT!! I know I put mine on occasionally, and bowl with it if I find I am letting my wrist open up! It will not allow that to happen. I think you will like it DLP,,, (hope you ordered the correct size)?