PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin bowling alley erupts into cheers when brothers bowl perfect 300 games toget

kakcpa
12-17-2008, 10:54 AM
This happened on Monday, Dec 15, 2008

SHEBOYGAN, Wis. - Brothers Ed and Tom Shircel have combined for 10 perfect games in their bowling careers, and now they've reached another milestone: rolling perfect games while bowling together.

Each rolled a 300 while bowling Monday night at Lakeshore Lanes for the same team and in the same game.

Ed, 57, said it's tough to guess the odds of that happening.

"Oh boy, to get two brothers on the same team, then do that? Maybe a one in a million thing, I'm sure," he said.

Tom, 52, finished first with his 300 and Ed quickly followed.

After the final pin fell over, Ed realized the rest of the Al & Al's Brotherhood League bowlers had been zeroed in on the action.

"I couldn't believe all the yelling," he said. "Everyone was paying attention."

Tom said the pair rarely gets big scores together.

"We always talked about hitting good on the same nights," Tom said. "We've had 700s together, but nothing like this."

On Monday night, Tom had a 752 series and Ed finished up at 777 after tacking on six more strikes to start the second game.

SCGeckos
12-17-2008, 12:32 PM
Wow. What are the odds of that?!? Awesome. You know, I'm gonna sound like a lying fisherman here (though I am a fisher(wo)man so I may not be that far off... lol) but this reminds me of this time I'll never forget when I was about 10 and I was doing some practice runs before the league started (I bowled with my dad at his office league) and I swear on everything... I got a strike.... then another... then another... then another.... I friggin counted and I got 13 strikes in a row. Guess what??? Was there anyone around to witness that? Hell no. Oh well. lol. Just one of those things I guess. But I did win 1st place in Vegas the next month so I guess I can't complain. Imagine that... a 10 year old beat over 40 of my dad's co-workers... :) I got me $300! (Hey, that's a lot when you're 10)

ArtVandelay
12-17-2008, 03:55 PM
You know... that sounds like something that would normally happen against the team I'm bowling on. hahahahahaha. I swear, we have the worst luck! Every week the other team tells us how they bowled the games of their lives.... Two people, on the same team, bowling a 300! Wow. And it sounds like they are both well liked, to have the whole alley behind them like that. What a great story.

I remember hearing about two brothers who both got a hole in one on the same par 3 course. I think they were in their early teens or something like that. Their dad was the only witness and there's no real proof of it. I never did research to find out if it really happened.

2 brothers bowling 300 games would be a bit tougher to lie about since so many people were there to see it. An amazing feat! I hope I can accidentally stumble on a 300 before it's all said and done!

kev3inp
12-17-2008, 05:30 PM
I saw that story and my first thought was that it was the Trabers. Glad it was somebody else.

kakcpa
12-17-2008, 07:56 PM
I saw that story and my first thought was that it was the Trabers. Glad it was somebody else.

Or the Scroggins brothers, for that matter!