PDA

View Full Version : Greetings and Salutations

JAnderson
12-18-2008, 05:05 PM
Thought I'd drop in and see why kev3inp is advertising the site all over the internet. Well, maybe only half.

Scratch tournament bowler here, most recently out of Atlanta, Georgia. Spent the previous 10 years in Phoenix, Arizona - there's a small, but good, bowling community there.

I've had limited success at the PBA regional level and bowl tournaments in the West and South regions, but I'm still trying to make the transition to the "next level" by bowling the larger national and international amateur tournaments.

Most importantly as a member of a online bowling community, I'm a student of the game who feels that it is important to learn and share correct knowledge in a friendly way. I hope to learn and enlighten here :)

kev3inp
12-18-2008, 05:17 PM
J is a great guy that I've met at the Gathering in NC in the summer. He's a really good bowler, without a swelled head, and as helpful a guy as you're likely to meet. He's one of the select few I like to hang out with there. Plus, his wife is funny, with a great sense of humor. I'm hoping that it won't hurt to laugh hard by the time of the next one in July. It still does, and sneezing is an experience, but it's getting better each day. I'm so glad he's joined us, and I'm sure you will be, too.

The KingPin
12-18-2008, 06:25 PM
Thought I'd drop in and see why kev3inp is advertising the site all over the internet. Well, maybe only half.

Scratch tournament bowler here, most recently out of Atlanta, Georgia. Spent the previous 10 years in Phoenix, Arizona - there's a small, but good, bowling community there.

I've had limited success at the PBA regional level and bowl tournaments in the West and South regions, but I'm still trying to make the transition to the "next level" by bowling the larger national and international amateur tournaments.

Most importantly as a member of a online bowling community, I'm a student of the game who feels that it is important to learn and share correct knowledge in a friendly way. I hope to learn and enlighten here :)

Welcome to BowlingBoards.com Online Bowling Forum community!!!

Let me say it is an honor to have you hear and being that you are educated about bowling, please let me know what I can add to make this site a great bowling community for you and your peers.

Chris

Bowlingboards.com

onefrombills
12-18-2008, 06:45 PM
Well long time no talk Mr Anderson ....you should see the whats been going on out here in Phoenix. Im proud to say that im back bowling ACBA and there has been many great things with the club here

ArtVandelay
12-18-2008, 10:49 PM
Welcome aboard. Scratch tourney, huh? Not me... maybe one day, but not today! hahahaha.

onefrombills
12-19-2008, 03:26 AM

You will be GREAT help here J

kev3inp
12-19-2008, 04:42 AM
Well long time no talk Mr Anderson ....you should see the whats been going on out here in Phoenix. Im proud to say that im back bowling ACBA and there has been many great things with the club here

So you guys know each other. OK, everybody sing, "It's a small world after all...." ;)

Iceman
12-19-2008, 01:03 PM
Welcome - I've been on many other bowling forums, but this one seems to have more activity with post and quick and helpful posts. The RSS feeds were filling up most other sites, which this one has too, but it's easy to navigate and skip the RSS Feeds.

onefrombills
12-19-2008, 04:30 PM
So you guys know each other. OK, everybody sing, "It's a small world after all...." ;)

LOL....Yes we do but I havent seen him in a few years

JAnderson
12-22-2008, 01:41 PM
Yes, Brian and I know each other. We've competed many times in scratch events, though we've never ended up in match play. If I remember correctly, Brian and I also bowled the last, "death" year of the All-American Classic, Phoenix's then premier scratch league. Brian, aren't you related to Marcia Shaver? Cousins I think? She's said good things about you.

Brian - I moved to Atlanta in April of 2007, that's why I haven't been "around" though I did bowl the member/non-member regional in Vegas last year. Larry's trying to talk me into the April event in Vegas next year. When Kat and I visit Phoenix, we'll plan it around an ACBA event.

Glad to hear you're still supporting the ACBA. I miss it and the people who were involved. There's a similar organization here in Atlanta - Real Bowlers Tour (http://www.realbowlers.com) - but it is not as well organized and run. They're getting better. Turnouts are about the same even though the RBT is 90% conducted on sport conditions. RBT End of year points leader paid $2000 last year which is something the ACBA always needed to do, in my opinion.

Thanks for the welcome everyone.KingPin, sir, I'll send you any constructive criticism I come up with. So far so good. Off the top of my head, the 50 message limit on the personal messages is a good thing.

Anni1
12-22-2008, 07:17 PM
Welcome to the group!!

ThongPrincess
12-29-2008, 08:33 PM
J is a great guy that I've met at the Gathering in NC in the summer. He's a really good bowler, without a swelled head, and as helpful a guy as you're likely to meet. He's one of the select few I like to hang out with there. Plus, his wife is funny, with a great sense of humor. I'm hoping that it won't hurt to laugh hard by the time of the next one in July. It still does, and sneezing is an experience, but it's getting better each day. I'm so glad he's joined us, and I'm sure you will be, too.

Ok, Kevin, how much did J pay you to say all this? ;) But seriously, it is all true! I look forward to seeing all this summer.