PDA

View Full Version : Video games

Jaescrub
06-04-2013, 05:30 PM
Any one in here play now? Got a favorite game you use to play? Post Em up here.

UBowling
06-04-2013, 07:03 PM
I just finished Assassin's Creed III and I have to say I was very disappointed!

I am currently switching between the new Tomb Raider and Halo 4.

Jaescrub
06-04-2013, 09:50 PM
My friends want me to get halo. But I'm not spending any more money on video games till Xbox one drops ;)

panbanger
06-05-2013, 08:39 AM
I play world of warcraft!

JDHamm85
06-05-2013, 09:00 AM
I think I'll be going with the PS4 again this year...may be the final console I get too. Being 28 with a 3 year old and 5 month old doesn't leave much room for gaming :D

That being said, having the Xbox One make you check in online once every 24 hours, and having DRM for used games is a huge downer. Not to mention that all they showed off during their last presser was tv stuff.

My PS+ subscription is getting ready to run out, but I was playing Spec Ops The Line and The Cave from there. I have a pretty good backlog though on the PS3 to play through. Playing God of War Ascension right now, have Black Ops 2 but kind of have put that to the wayside.

I do have a lot of the collections to go through: Ratchet and Clank, Ico and Shadow of the Colossus, Journey, Metal Gear Solid.

Jaescrub
06-05-2013, 10:32 AM
Never got into Wow use to play FF online years back when it was hopping. Ya the Xbox has some crazy things that I don't think will make it to the release. But ya I have a collection of Nes Snes Psone/2 and Xbox 360 games my wife has Ps2 N64 Wii and Gameboy games. I still have my first Nintendo from the 80s all of hardware and I'm 30 ;). Use to have a virtual boy and tons of games I got at KB toys on the cheap after it Flopped but sold it for mega profit back in the day. It's worth 6x that now :/

JDHamm85
06-05-2013, 10:51 AM
I did have an old Nes too that I sold on Ebay couple of years ago for over 100. Had maniac mansion, contra, zelda, mtpo. Kinda regret selling it, but it was just sitting in the closet and the wife gave me the ultimatum lol.

I've had an atari, nes, snes, sega, n64, ps1, ps2, game gear, and now have a ps3 and psp. I don't play nearly as much as I used to, and do miss it sometimes. Especially with some cool games coming out this summer, E3 right around the corner, and the new consoles coming out this fall.

vdubtx
06-05-2013, 11:24 AM
I love all of the old school mario games on Nintendo. Got into Forza 4 on Xbox 360 about a year ago but lost interest in it. Forza 5(Horizon) just couldn't keep me engaged. Haven't even turned the consoles on in about 6 months now. Just too much good TV shows to keep me busy, and of course bowling.

panbanger
06-05-2013, 11:46 AM
i downloaded a playstation emulator a few months back and started playing Final Fantasy 7 again, that game was so amazing...

ArtVandelay
06-05-2013, 07:44 PM
Every now and then I get the bug... hahahaha. But I'm a fairly simple gamer. I play mostly sports stuff. Recently I got back into Tiger Woods, but it's a couple years old. It was The Masters edition (which was the first one to not feature Tiger Woods on the cover, which I like because I'm not a fan of his... It was also the first time Augusta allowed EA to use Augusta National on their game. I think Augusta had only been on two other games before that).

I find it fun. The only other game I play with any regularity is NCAA Football. Every year I have some old fraternity brothers who start a new online league. NCAA is much better for multiplayer things like that because of the recruiting. Every year the teams seem to be slightly different, and it's harder for people to get too dominant.

But I really hate EA... NCAA has really stunk the last few years. I almost don't have the heart to put up with them again.

Jaescrub
06-05-2013, 08:56 PM
First off FF7 was great it was the re birth of the RPG. Seconded the only golf game I have even played was the old Nes one tht had a guy that looked like Mario on it ha ha ha.

JDHamm85
06-06-2013, 08:45 AM
Art - I agree. EA is terrible. Haven't bought a NCAA game since '10 I believe.

ArtVandelay
06-10-2013, 10:32 PM
It's a shame, too, because playing those dynasties with my old frat brothers is one of the better gaming experiences I get to enjoy (well... one mans opinion, of course). We do it every year, and every year we end up in the same place with EA. There was one year the dynasty just stopped around year 6, and there was nothing you can do about it. Turns out, over half the users were having the same problem! And by then, you don't have the heart to start over again. It just sucks. I think someone filed a class action lawsuit against EA Sports not too long ago. I don't remember exactly what it was about now, but you bet your *** I put in my claim!

DLP
06-15-2013, 05:10 PM
Off and on again MMORPG player myself. World of Warcraft, Ever Quest 2, Lord of the Rings Online. But I always seem to head back to WoW, play for about 6 months and then take a hiatus. I'll probably get back into playing since I haven't been since March or so. Speaking of which, I don't even remember what server I'm on - HAH!

On consoles, Forza Motorsports, Katamari Damaci (probably where I get my stupid fascination with rolling a ball around), and Gran Turismo.
Of course Pangya Golf on the Wii is a hoot.

Miss some of the older co-op console RPGs like Final Fantasy, Breath of Fire, and Secret of Mana though.
Now that I'm thinking about it, Heroes of Might and Magic series and Serious Sam were great played co-op!

Things just aren't the same since these internets have come along!

Jaescrub
06-15-2013, 08:55 PM
True true I just Dl FF1 on my phone for playing when I'm out and about with nothing going on.

JPbowl
06-15-2013, 11:04 PM
Been playing counter-strike for years, CS:GO came out recently and im back in it

crimsoneyes
06-16-2013, 11:50 AM
Finished Assassins Creed 3 a while back - disappointed as well. Now I've been playing Far Cry 3 and its really good. Anyone into FPS & RPGs check it out. Its made by Ubisoft and plays a lot like Assassins Creed but with guns.

JDHamm85
06-17-2013, 08:55 AM
I've been playing God of War Ascension lately. I'm enjoying it. Looking to get into The Last of Us, which will probably be the last game for me until the new systems come out.

Jaescrub
06-17-2013, 09:24 PM
Played some black ops 2 today before work. Love cod games.

e-tank
06-18-2013, 02:02 PM
been playing path of exile (awesome rpg and also free)

fallout new vegas

and origin has a deal for bf3 for $5 on pc which i picked up

Jaescrub
06-24-2013, 09:17 PM
Wanted to burn some time today so I played mike Tyson punch out on my Nes got to Mr sandman before I had to stop playing. Nothing is more satisfying then punching king hippo in the mouth ha ha ha