PDA

View Full Version : The costs of being popular...

ArtVandelay
06-05-2013, 07:55 PM
Last night was greatness.

My goal this league is to get through it with an average between a 185 and a 190. I'd LOVE to pull off a 700 series, but lately something has seemed a bit off (well... I'm happy with my bowling, but you can't average a 234 and have strike ball issues. Right now spares are my bread and butter, and the strikes are icing on the cake), so I'm not quite sure that will happen...

But last night our team won two of the "mystery score," drawings. I didn't win, but my team did and they used that money to buy shots for the other team and some other players! So I went 192 - 195 - 170, and I was pretty happy with that 170 considering my state at the time...

Bowling should always be that much fun!

billf
06-05-2013, 10:09 PM
It's not? I don't drink anymore (quit in 1989) but given I'm at least half nuts I always have a good time.

MICHAEL
06-05-2013, 10:27 PM
I am with you 100 percent.... its seems the better the bowler, the less fun they have! I have noticed many bowlers with 220 up averages take it VERY SERIOUS!! Come on LEAGUE!! Its not ABC, and bowling for big bucks!! It's a house block pattern,,, not sports!!! Let the Ego go!! Bowl your best, but have a great time doing it!! So many get all caught up in themselves, and if they don't bowl a MONSTER of a game, they get prissy!! LOL.... Hey I have some great ones, and I have lots of not so great games, but one thing I don't want to lose is my ability to put score way behind having FUN!! As you can tell by many of my threads, I don't take it that seriously!! Or,,,do I???? hummmm I hope not,,, but,,, am I prissy??? OMG~~~