PDA

View Full Version : Storm Frantic

bowldave
06-08-2013, 06:11 AM
Here a vid of the Frantic!
Great ball! Although i was expecting a much less aggressive ball..
So on this vid its 2000 polish instead of the 1500 oob finish!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLiYvWo0Nwk

striker12
06-08-2013, 12:07 PM
i can see in your video that you got a great shot the loft at the foul line is not bad (there's a guy in my jr bowling league who dose the same thing and he shot 4 299's this past year and he dose the same loft.)

but when you got the camera up behind you i can see you don't have a lose arm swing you arm using the muscle in your arm to throw the ball that's why your arm is bend on the backswing witch it stays bent right up until the throw witch is known as a chicken wing.

to help you get rid of the chicken wing when you go up and practice sometime try keeping your arm loose it will take some time.

bowldave
06-08-2013, 04:34 PM
Thnx for feedback!

The bend elbow is the part im working on right now...
its extremely difficult to improve for me.. :(
because its so unnatural to place the ball more early and keep a straight arm..
well working on it! :)
along with some other things:

-keeping ball longer next to body at start, and pushaway at 2nd step
-keeping right leg to the ground at release.
-less bending upper body at 4th step.

3 things i worked really hard on..
in this vid you can see some improvement i think at the end of clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7OfAUejvfA

Greenday
06-08-2013, 04:42 PM
I have my Frantic at 2000 also. I find that it just needs that extra length and the 2000 does it.

bowldave
06-08-2013, 05:04 PM
I have my Frantic at 2000 also. I find that it just needs that extra length and the 2000 does it.

Right on! i bought it for short patterns... but i coulndt keep it nicely in the pocket.. Maybe i should have put the pin under the fingers..
But i dont think it would tame it to much..

Now i ve got a tropical breeze for short! its great! see my other vid!

striker12
06-08-2013, 05:28 PM
heres how i use to bowl in these videos first video is a few years ago and next 2 are just from the past year and my bowling style is much different know but better then the last video. took me the hole season to get use to the swing and the approach right. and in the changes i ended up starting to stride left cant fix it but i found a way to work with it.

1- first video is me bowling with a half thumb in the ball.(very little accuracy this way)

2- second video is when i started getting my thumb more in the ball but got a higher backswing.(very little accuracy and not consistent with my backswing)

3- third video this video was in feb 2013 i got a 234 that day with the back 8 strikes much better throws.(better accuracy and consistent did pull the ball a few times in the video)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-gx5V3C-X4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7hDX_TVKX8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKsTQPGoS20

bowldave
06-08-2013, 07:03 PM
Damn, thats a lot of power! How is your aim?
Can you throw it 50 times on the same place? :)
Cant you get more control if you lose a little of shoulder movement??

striker12
06-08-2013, 07:57 PM
yeah my shoulder moved all over the place but now it dosn't i would have a new video of my bowling now but i hurt my wrist at the end of the season.

right now i can hit my target all the time but in 3 games probly miss is 3-4 times when i threw the ball with a half a thumb i was only throwing at 15-16mph once i put my thumb in the ball the speed went up before the 2nd video i was throwing 21mph strike balls and 24mph spare balls and that's at the pins not off the hand. but right now im staying consistent at 18.4-19.1 mph and my rev rate is anywhere from 450-550, need to get it checked again.

but i cant throw it on the same time 50 times in a row because i got a high rev rate so i burn that line out fast and have to adjust every game to keep getting some nice games.

like on may11-12 i was at my jr bowling provincials in the team event i was dropping on- 23 crossing- 13 breaking- 5, did almost same thing is doubles but more left dropping on- 27 crossing- 15 breaking- 5
and then we get into the singles freshly oiled lanes and i was dropping on- 38 crossing- 21 breaking- 5 and in the singles i was still hitting the head pin dead on with my meanstreak brawler, i would of started lofting the left gutter but my wrist was hurting to much did not want to put it in anymore pain.

bowldave
06-09-2013, 12:43 PM
Maybe you need to tame it all for the sake of your wrist! :) hopefully you dont get it hurt again!

travkoiboi
06-09-2013, 02:44 PM
From what I have experienced chicken wings are caused by your feet being ahead of your swing which causes you to "muscle" and your elbow flares out. In HS I had a very fluid backswing, high revs and no speed. This forced me to play a very deep line. I stopped bowling for like 10 years. Starting again last year, getting all new equipment I know seem to have a issue with "throwing" instead of rolling the ball. I noticed I was also chicken winging after my swing reached the "apex". Id wing it to try and save the shot so to speak before my slide was done.

I went and practiced today and felt I am really close to getting rid of it. Without overwhelming myself I'm trying to just think stay inside (with swing) and focus on a slow rhythm. Also, a HUGE thing that has helped me is really focusing on pointing my balance arm (right) at my target with my thumb down then when I enter slide to almost push my shot through with my balance arm. The farther that arm is out and swings back the closer and more inside my throwing arm stays to my slide.

bowldave
06-10-2013, 06:43 AM
oke!
Well im focussing now on the balance arm:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkitOSZzCtM
I think there is a difference.. My arm is bend all the way.. starting at the pushaway..
so i got some tips now from another forum.. try and bowl spalked.. so the elbow cant bend totally...
gonna start with it this week...
see how it goes!!
Thnx!

bowldave
06-10-2013, 06:45 AM
oke!
Well im working on the balance arm.. just like you said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkitOSZzCtM

And i got some tips from another forum to try and get my arm straighter...
i go work on it this summer..
step 1 is trying to spalk my arm.. so it cant bend...
and open my hand at release instead of push it...

striker12
06-10-2013, 09:35 AM
yeah well i im trying to stop doing stuff with my wrist but going golfing yesterday i could not help doing that getting 1 hole in one and getting the ball in off a 163yard chip on with my 50deg wed(with the wedge i hit the ball wrong did not get fully under it.

but when i hurt my wrist was just after February and cant remember how.

Aslan
09-15-2013, 12:38 AM
HEY!!

He's using my ball!

He's using it quite better than I use it...despite what seems to be an almost sideways delivery.

Damn...I hate seeing people use the same equipment and looking like pros...then I throw it and it looks like a blind cheerleader trying to put clothes on a cat. : (

And will people STOP putting videos up where every roll is a strike! So what? You taped a 300 game...just randomly? SHOW ALL THE THROWS!

Zaxmazr
09-18-2013, 11:09 AM
Dang you send that ball for a ride before it makes contact with the pins! Fun to watch.

(For future reference putting black text over a dark blue backdrop is a no-no ;))

Aslan
09-18-2013, 01:09 PM
Dang you send that ball for a ride before it makes contact with the pins! Fun to watch.

Wait to you see my videos!! My ball lands roughly on the arrows. I find it easier to hit my target if I just throw the ball at the target.