PDA

View Full Version : Theory. Roll out? To aggressive drilling?

bowldave
06-09-2013, 02:20 PM
My Theory..
The shot at 13 seconds.. This is what i mostly get with it..
The other shots seem nice...
But i get lots of roll outs.. sort of.. And leave flat 10...
Is this just a thing with the drilling?
Its 25 x 4 1/8 x 60...
So aggressive...
Also if i send it to far out it never recovers...
What do you think???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsFUrJMSNas&feature=youtu.be

Stormed1
06-09-2013, 10:11 PM
You have the ball drilled to roll early , flare a lot and respond slow to friction. Although the shot you saud to look at was a ring ten not a flat ten

bowldave
06-10-2013, 03:16 AM
The 6 pin really falls weakly in the gutter.. Does not go around it.. Anyhow should i re drill it?

The German Shepherd
06-10-2013, 08:18 AM
IT could be that the drilling you have chosen is not a good match for the condition you are bowling on, As Stormed1 says, you have it drilled to roll early and that is not a bad thing on certain conditions. You could move deeper on the lane and look for higher concentrations of oil...

Jay

bowldave
06-10-2013, 04:06 PM
Think you are right!
Dont redrill it..
Just save it for the heavy..

billf
06-10-2013, 09:01 PM
Also, with the high VAL angle you can't expect it to snap back when you get it too far out. It's drilled to read early and have a smoother arc to the hook.

CeKnauss
06-10-2013, 11:18 PM
I agree with what's being said about, but here's another perspective. Notice when you let go of the ball you are lofting it. To me, it looks like it is hanging on your thumb. This could be a thumb pitch issue, or you may be holding on to the ball. This could be part of the issue. Don't be so quick to blame the ball, analyze your form too.

That being said (with all good intentions), your best bet is to lay the ball down sooner and maybe move a little more left. You'll get more rotation on the ball and it should finish stronger into the pocket.

You didn't mention the surface prep. Try sanding it to 2000 or 4000 and then polishing it with High Gloss or Factory Finish. That will help it down the lane for a stronger pop on the back end. Changing the surface is easy and cheaper than redrilling.

bowldave
06-11-2013, 03:42 AM
Thnx!
Im workingbon the loft! Made another topic bout it!
Good call bout surface change!
Ill keep it in mind!!
But im hard busy with my form!!