PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else find the physics behind bowling fascinating or am I just a nerd?

DLP
06-12-2013, 10:56 PM
Was talking to the pro tonight a bit and we had an interesting conversation about how he would like to watch me bowl after a bit to see if we can't fine tune my ball or actually find something that will fit more my style better.

What I found interesting in all of this is he was talked about RG numbers and and such. Got that appreciative "you know were I'm coming from look" when I got all dreamy-eyed and started spouting off about how the game is just an absolute beautiful application of the laws of physics. I'm going to start wearing my "Evil Genius at work" t-shirt to the lanes.

Please tell me I'm not the only nerd around here.

Greenday
06-12-2013, 11:13 PM
I've done various physics calculations on this. Ball momentum, change of angle after striking a pin, how hard and where a pin deflects, energy, etc.

It's a marvelous game.

billf
06-12-2013, 11:13 PM
You're not. I love physics and it does apply well to bowling. Quantum physics is my favorite.

DrOcktagon
06-12-2013, 11:32 PM
Physics has always been a favorite subject of mine and bowling is an amazing application of the laws of physics. You're not alone.

GoodGravy
06-13-2013, 09:55 PM
Small world...I was just having a discussion about the different physics applications between different core types...

Physics Is Exciting=P.I.E. ;-)

JJKinGA
06-14-2013, 11:32 AM
Yep. Physics is very intriguing.

The world is exciting. Physics helps us understand that world better.