PDA

View Full Version : Contest Jun 17, 2013 to Jun 23, 2013 - Roto Grip Disturbed

BowlingBoards.com
06-16-2013, 11:57 PM
We are giving away a Roto Grip Disturbed for a random poster from Jun 17, 2013 through Jun 23, 2013.

== General Giveaway Rules

Every post made on BowlingBoards during the dates listed above will be considered an entry. Drawing will be done the first business day following the contest period. Winner will be contacted via email and through BowlingBoards.com.

BowlingBoards is a moderated site and reserves the right to delete any post deemed illegitimate, automatic, or just plain off topic.

The goal of BowlingBoards is to bring more people into our community. Participate in the conversations happening here. And while you are at it, you will be earning entries into our drawing.

IMPORTANT NOTICE! -- We reserve the right to redraw a winner if the winning post is not of quality content. Quality content is at the sole discretion of the BowlingBoards.com administrators. This means that one word posts will not qualify. Repeating what someone else has said does not qualify.

Just participate in the conversation instead of \"trying to win\" a drawing. The more you participate, the better your chances.

GoodGravy
06-17-2013, 12:21 AM
Extra points for the first post???? Wife has this ball...would be awesome to have a matching set for this upcoming fall league....

Jaescrub
06-17-2013, 12:47 AM
Sweet won the last one to give to my team mate can't wait till it gets in to give to him. It looks like a great ball for whoever wins it ;)

DLP
06-17-2013, 07:52 AM
Very cool! The ball that won the Senior Masters.

JDHamm85
06-17-2013, 08:53 AM
This is a pretty popular ball, like the IQ tour pearl. Good luck to all!

JJKinGA
06-17-2013, 08:57 AM
Glad to see you are giving away one that isn't the highest hooking ball. I don't have enoguh oil where I bowl to dream of using most top end balls.

vdubtx
06-17-2013, 12:14 PM
Never tried a Roto ball before. Don't see very many out in my area either. Would love to give one a try. :)

striker12
06-17-2013, 02:01 PM
it would be awesome if i win this because this week is my birthday. but i dont think i will have any luck on my birthday because its on the 20th and i will be turning 20

STRYKER
06-17-2013, 02:50 PM
havent seen many roto balls in person but they look good on the videos would love to give this one a shot

Tampabaybob
06-19-2013, 07:03 AM
VDUB..... I've been using Brunswick exclusively for almost 20 years, but after I won the SHATTER, here, I'm definitely a Roto grip fan as well. This ball is definitely a hard hitting ball. One of the things I've found with most of these newer, technologically superior balls, is that you really have to throw several games (in most cases) and learn the characteristics of that ball. They are so different and each one is unique. But I can assure you, you'd love this ball.

Kingzbaby
06-19-2013, 04:10 PM
I'm new to BowlingBoards.com...I've been away from bowling for about 7 years and getting back into it...Would love to win the new ball to get me going...using a very old one right now LOL

BowlingNewbie
06-19-2013, 04:57 PM
Hey there! Pretty new to bowling and it would be amazing to have a really nice benchmark ball! Crossing my fingers and good luck to all!

WolfGirl1980
06-22-2013, 11:29 AM
Hey All Would Love to have that ball I need me a new ball and that would be great to add to my arsenal since my bowling is getting stronger!!!:cool:

Jaescrub
06-24-2013, 10:53 AM
Grats to JDHamm85! Nice to see members winning and not Face Hookers. Keep us up dated on when you get the ball drilled and what you think about it ;)

DLP
06-24-2013, 11:07 AM
Grats JDHammer85!!!! :)

JDHamm85
06-24-2013, 11:14 AM
Truly shocked! Wow lol. Thanks so much guys. I'll post a pic of it as soon as I get it.

And thanks to the admins for having a great website for us bowl-a-holics to get together and improve each other!

Gunz1911
06-24-2013, 12:26 PM
Gratz man, Least it was one of the few here who got it!

The German Shepherd
06-24-2013, 01:11 PM
Congrats dude! Excellent piece of equipment!

Jay

Judy clemons
06-24-2013, 04:17 PM
CONGRATULATIONS
JDHamm85 on winning a nice piece of equipment to add to your arsenal...
and thanks for reminding me of that shocking feeling it was awesome !!!

billf
06-24-2013, 09:59 PM
Congrats! Glad to see some forum users winning again!

vdubtx
06-25-2013, 10:39 AM
Congrats JDHamm!!! Awesome to see a board member winning it.

Jaescrub
06-25-2013, 10:48 AM
After seeing all the post about how happy the users are when we win do you think it will ever change back. I mean Bowlingballs.com dose the face book thing. But any ways Jd let us know when you get yours The one I won has not arrived yet.

JDHamm85
06-25-2013, 11:11 AM
It really is an awesome feeling to win; like a kid on Christmas morning!

I PMed the admin to see when the ball would ship Jaescrub. Hopefully yours ships soon. Waiting then becomes like a kid waiting for Christmas :p

Jaescrub
06-25-2013, 11:26 AM
Ha ha ha ya they told me it was cuz Storm/roto grip where getting ready for the Bowling expo that's going on now. If it was a ball for my self I would not care about it taking so long but it's a surprise gift for my team mate he really needs some new equipment.

panbanger
06-25-2013, 12:09 PM
After seeing all the post about how happy the users are when we win do you think it will ever change back. I mean Bowlingballs.com dose the face book thing.

Not sure. If the point of giving away balls on facebook was to drive more traffic to this site, I would say that experiment is so far failing. I dont see more new users now as opposed to before they started doing the facebook thing. Honestly it doesnt matter to me either way. Half the balls they give away I would like, but they give them out to either anonymous facebook people or new users here at the site. Once I went a couple months here w/out winning I knew I was out of the loop.

JDHamm85
06-25-2013, 12:40 PM
That is a good point pan. I have a facebook, like most everybody does, but I didn't learn of this site through facebook. I learned of it through bowlingball.com and googling.
Most of the facebookers are casual. You get some more dedicated bowlers here and there, but for the most part, only the dedicated people come and stay on the website. The bowlers who want to improve their game and love bowling outside once the league is over.

Jaescrub
06-25-2013, 01:40 PM
Ya Jd I'm with you but we should just count our lucky stars that we even get this chance to win and every week at that. I hope I win the sync that Bowlingball gives away this week that would be great. As for pan it's all good bro you will win one if its not random just post heart felt what ever you feel like posting I have faith you can and will win one soon ;)
On a side note I got a call that the Bowling ball came in today as I'm at work I can't wait for Friday. giving him this ball will be the best day ever!!!! I only have like 3 balls I would want to win for my self if my next win is not one of the three I will be helping some one else out prob my dad ;) would love to get him into bowling with me. He is my Hero I'm 30 and still look up to him like I'm a lil kid ha ha ha.

JDHamm85
06-25-2013, 03:33 PM
That is awesome news Jaescrub!

JDHamm85
07-09-2013, 10:06 AM
Just wanted to confirm that I received the ball yesterday! Took 2 weeks. Probably going to get it drilled over the weekend. Might take a pic tonight with it!

Jaescrub
07-09-2013, 11:01 AM
Yes please do and post how its working for you. Nomad loves his and is shooting about 25-45 more pins per game with it.

JDHamm85
07-15-2013, 10:48 AM
Good Monday Morning All,

So I had my disturbed drilled over the weekend. I don't know the official specs, but I would imagine the pin is a good 6 inches away from where my PAP would be, pin up. I'll attach a quick crude drawing I made to show the layout lol.

My pro shop guy and I talked it over. I told him I didn't need this ball to flare as much as my paranormal does, and that I wanted a gradual arc more than a sharp turn at the breaking point. And that is exactly what I got. Roll late, find the friction, hit like a mack truck.

First game OOB, 212. Highest game I've ever rolled at the house (pro shop is a different house than the usual house I bowl at). 2nd game, 189. I didn't have a spare ball with me so any spares I shot at where at were with the disturbed as well. I also had to kill time while my paranormal was in the revivor (for free, yes!)

Yesterday, bowled in the morning on fresh oil at the regular house. Had the family there too, which was distracting lol. My little 3 year old running all over the place, and my wife's little nephews bowling beside us. Did manage to bowl a 632 3 game set. 215, 192, 225. My wife, unknown to me, recorded one of my throws so I'll post it on here for critiquing/viewing. I sent the video from her Iphone to my droid and the quality suffered though. I'll also post a screenshot of the 225 game.

http://youtu.be/i86RbSms5IY - Throwing the disturbed!

Jaescrub
07-15-2013, 11:18 AM
Nice to hear the ball is doing so great for you. My buddy loves his as well thanks for keeping the ones on here that care up dated.

billf
07-15-2013, 08:54 PM
Glad you like it. Looks good going down the lane.

barcar
07-16-2013, 05:08 PM
Would love to get the Disturbed

Jaescrub
07-16-2013, 08:58 PM
Well your going to have to try on some other giveaway this ones been won ha ha ;)