PDA

View Full Version : Plugging a Weight Hole?

crimsoneyes
06-17-2013, 06:20 PM
I have a few balls I got used that have weight holes drilled on the previous owners PAP. Would it benefit me at all to plug them up and possibly re-drill them in a stronger location?

Tampabaybob
06-17-2013, 07:49 PM
If you say you have a "FEW", try working out a deal with your pro shop for a reduced price on plugging and re-drilling all of them at the same time. But before you do that, go over the current drilling pattern and look at what each ball would do for YOU, if you just plugged the thumb and moved it. If the balls already have finger grips in them and they don't fit, it's only a couple of bucks to get new ones. In fact you can buy a bunch of them and do it yourself and save some money.

billf
06-17-2013, 08:20 PM
What Bob said is true but to answer your question, moving the balance hole to a stronger location will increase the ball dynamics. According to Mo Pinel it can be as much as a 40% increase.

crimsoneyes
06-17-2013, 08:55 PM
They have all already had the thumbs moved. I wont buy a used ball unless I already like the general layout on it. The weight holes were left for static balances but I just wasn't sure if the plugging of a weight hole would affect too much since the plug would weigh different than the original core that was removed.