PDA

View Full Version : JPbowl's Summer League scores

JPbowl
06-18-2013, 04:04 PM
6/11
1: 221
2: 246
3: 258

Used the Track 811A all 3 games, moved about 10 boards to the left after the first game (from 10 to 20), picked up the speed and just let it out there to 5ish and had great carry.
First 700 of the summer league and 3rd series over 700 within the past 1-2 months. Until now a 700 was a once in 36 week kind of thing.

Tampabaybob
06-19-2013, 07:33 AM
Way to go JP. As they say the first is hardest to get, then the rest come easier. Good bowling, keep it up.

JPbowl
06-19-2013, 08:38 PM
Thanks Bob!

6/18
1:202
2: 223
3:220

Tampabaybob
06-19-2013, 10:34 PM
good shooting again. Keep that FOCUS !! Slow, deliberate, and accurate.

JPbowl
06-22-2013, 08:12 PM
Thanks, i have to remember that. Another reason i think i've been improving is because i have increased my foot speed & ball speed a bit. I used to have a little delay when taking my second step.
I seem to have trouble when i try to open up the lanes, maybe i just need to get my hand around the side of the ball move when i move past the middle dot with my feet...

need to remember this too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=kzZn-z-h-OI#at=43

JPbowl
06-26-2013, 12:11 PM
6/25: 237 240 181

fought the move to the left last game and just tried to pick up speed, just didnt trust it and couldnt get the right speed.
should of just moved left

Tampabaybob
06-26-2013, 03:34 PM
JP.... one of the trickiest adjustments to make, or should I say hardest, is to adjust your speed, AND keep it consistent. We all do this to ourselves, then knock our heads against the wall as we leave the building. They have a name for it.......stubbornness ! Any way, lessons learned, right? Next time you'll keep the same speed and move. You still had a good series, just think how much better it could've been having moved.

What you have just experienced is called the dead zone. If you were bowling with someone that was playing deeper than you, but still having about the same break point, then he was pushing oil into the area at the end of the lane where your ball should have been just starting to roll into the pocket. What happens then, is your ball is now hitting that oil (that previously wasn't there) and it loses traction that it had the first two games. The only way around this phenomena is to be aware of the people you're bowling with OR against, watch where their balls breaking and be ready to move towards the end of the second game. Very common occurrence...believe me when I say it's happened to me enough times over the last several years and I'm always watching for it. Notice very carefully next week at
that point, usually about the 6th to 8 th frame of the second game. Good luck, let me know if that's what's happening.

JPbowl
06-27-2013, 10:03 AM
JP.... one of the trickiest adjustments to make, or should I say hardest, is to adjust your speed, AND keep it consistent. We all do this to ourselves, then knock our heads against the wall as we leave the building. They have a name for it.......stubbornness ! Any way, lessons learned, right? Next time you'll keep the same speed and move. You still had a good series, just think how much better it could've been having moved.

What you have just experienced is called the dead zone. If you were bowling with someone that was playing deeper than you, but still having about the same break point, then he was pushing oil into the area at the end of the lane where your ball should have been just starting to roll into the pocket. What happens then, is your ball is now hitting that oil (that previously wasn't there) and it loses traction that it had the first two games. The only way around this phenomena is to be aware of the people you're bowling with OR against, watch where their balls breaking and be ready to move towards the end of the second game. Very common occurrence...believe me when I say it's happened to me enough times over the last several years and I'm always watching for it. Notice very carefully next week at
that point, usually about the 6th to 8 th frame of the second game. Good luck, let me know if that's what's happening.

My ball wasn't loosing traction, it was hooking too much. left a couple splits too

JPbowl
07-04-2013, 12:25 PM
7/2
1: 278
2: 210
3" 212

700 on the money, saved the series with the 6 to 8 splits i left in the next 2 games.
adjustments adjustments adjustments.

Tampabaybob
07-05-2013, 10:49 AM
Great shooting JP...you're on a roll. Keep up the good scores.

JPbowl
07-11-2013, 11:33 AM
Trying to straighten out my swing, even if i bowled a 700 again we still would of lost majority.
Bowling good does not make for good league standings, we're 17th out of 25
1: 171
2:204
3:208

JPbowl
07-18-2013, 10:35 AM
Still changing things with my swing. feels a little better.

JPbowl
08-19-2013, 01:24 PM
Well after 2 weeks of 580ish i followed up with a 665 and a 696.