PDA

View Full Version : USBC 61st VA State Open Tournament My Scores

the_halfie
06-18-2013, 07:55 PM
So I was working on my fall league avg of 101 from last season, this was my 2nd tournament ever.
Last year I bowled the same tournament and did horribly but left with knowing I COULD throw the ball,
just had to learn how to do it BETTER.

Singles Scores: 125, 89, 103 TOTAL: 317

Felt pretty good about my singles score, had A LOT more oil than my bowling house (which
I loved considering I hook everything I throw to some degree).

Doubles Scores: 128, 96, 116 TOTAL: 340

Felt AMAZING after that day of bowling, and as I found out today me and my partner ended up 58th overall in our divison.
Very happy about that! I'll post what I did in teams later when I can find the score sheet! Didn't do as well on day 2
as I did in day 1, but I was still satisfied with how I did overall.

billf
06-18-2013, 09:27 PM
Well done. That's six games averaging above your book average.
You were satisfied, scored well and hopefully had a good time. That's all that matters :D

the_halfie
06-18-2013, 10:31 PM
Oh Bill, it's hard for me not to have a good time! Got to bowl with some good friends, met some good people, had some bowling fuel to keep me going (mmm beer) and learned what it felt like to bowl on OILED lanes. It was fun, hope to do it yet again next year, and I hope I do even better!

J Anderson
06-20-2013, 07:22 AM
Its great that your doubles scores were better than your singles scores. I always feel guilty if I bowl much better in the singles than in the doubles.

the_halfie
06-20-2013, 09:22 AM
John, I was afraid that was going to happen, until I saw my first game in the doubles was up there. Then I felt confident enough to keep it up over my singles score. Still don't know what I was doing during the 2nd game of both series I know I was struggling to make my spares but still should've hit 100 at least.