PDA

View Full Version : New shoes :/

Jaescrub
06-19-2013, 12:21 AM
So i got some new shoes on my trip and they don't slide! I feel like I'm going to bust my Face on the lanes used them two dif times and had to put my old ones back on what gives?

austin
06-19-2013, 04:55 AM
In my experience, this is a fairly common thing. They will need to be "worn" in so to speak. Frustrating til then I know.

Hampe
06-19-2013, 07:08 AM
What brand are they? The dexter magnums I bought work great right out of the box....I've even bought a few extra pairs as back-ups.

Tampabaybob
06-19-2013, 07:10 AM
Jason, Austin is correct, all new shoes need to be broken in. One of the first things that I've always done when getting a new pair is to find a "CLEAN" sidewalk, and walk around scuffing the slide sole. Usually 10 - 15 minutes will work. Once you go onto the approach, slide your foot under the ball return. WHY? When they run the dust mop over the approaches, most of the time they don't get that dirt or dust. Just slide it under and get some of the dust on your shoe. It'll help you to slide, without using the easy-slide product. When they allowed smoking in the lanes I used to use cigarette ashes on the sole as well, but now, can't smoke so have to use their dust. Try it. If you have shoes, like Dexters, that have the removable sliding pads use the # 10.....it's the slickest.

Jaescrub
06-19-2013, 09:12 AM
Thanks guys i really need to get them to stop gripping like Velcro its throwing off my game. they are the Etonic kingpin IV I got Em mega cheap when I was on vacation with the wife to replace my hand me down dexters from a buddy of mine. I thought about ruffing them up with the hard side of a sponge. Never had new Bowling shoes so it was a surprise when I started my slide and was meet with grip ha ha ha.

HughScot
06-19-2013, 07:05 PM
I've never had to break in a pair of Dexter shoes. They come with a #8 sole on the slide foot and work great. I've replaced several soles and they all work great out of the box. I'm using the SST8 shoes and love them. Great shoe.

Jaescrub
06-19-2013, 11:03 PM
Ya my deters where used gave to me by a friend the first year I ever bowled. I got this set on close out in Mi at Bowling iq the greatest place ever.

RoccoRock
06-20-2013, 06:44 AM
I have the Etonic ESS interchangeable, never had to break them in. They were great right out of the box, and are great now.

zman1974
06-20-2013, 07:07 AM
I went from a pair of Dexter Jason IV, a good entry level shoe, to the Dexter-made Storm SP2 900's. Night and day difference. I found the S8 sole to be a little too much slide for my liking, and went with the perforated S6 which gives me a perfect short slide every time. The interchangeable sole/heel shoes are expensive, and I initially balked at the price; worth every penny.

Jaescrub
06-20-2013, 10:02 AM
The Jason IV is the almost all white one with the hints of gray right? Came out like 13 years ago and are still made to this day? I think that's the Dexters I have. I only replaced them cuz the deal was to good to pass up and mine are looking beat.

zman1974
06-20-2013, 10:11 AM
@Jaescrub Yes, I believe we are talking about the same ones. Great shoe, but I wanted the ability to change soles and heels. My son has inherited them.

Jaescrub
06-20-2013, 12:56 PM
Ya a buddy of mine gave me his back in like 2000-2001 when I filled in for a guy they lost with my windmill Bowling. So ya they had always been good to me just wanted new ones that where mine. But the not sliding thing about Fed me up ha ha. I almost took a fall into the gutter and that would have blown my teeth out :/ I need to get them sliding so ill rock them around the house tonight

Jaescrub
06-20-2013, 12:58 PM
I and the Zman name is cool! Is it for anything like maybe a Datsun/Nissan Z Car?

zman1974
06-20-2013, 03:10 PM
@Jaescrub My last name is Zadrozny :)

the_halfie
06-20-2013, 03:30 PM
No offense Jaescrub, but man I'm glad I don't have to worry about shoes lol! One less thing to worry about. Just throw on some basketball shorts under the cargos, get to the lanes, pop off the cargos, plant and throw! :p

On a side note, at my bowling house there's a sign that says "If you're this tall your bowling shoes are free!" Gotta love messing with the staff when there's that kind of material to work with :D

Jaescrub
06-20-2013, 04:54 PM
First Why would you offend me?nothing dose my wallet how ever is very offended ha ha ;)
2 it's cool Zman just had to ask not a lot of old school import car fans here ;)