PDA

View Full Version : Physics of Bowling Video Project

Josch
06-26-2013, 11:18 AM
About a month ago I made a video on the physics of bowling for a chemistry project (don't ask how that works). The video also shows my form a couple times. My shots are all the shots that don't use houesballs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3UBQEQkDu0

billf
06-26-2013, 10:39 PM
That was pretty good. What kind of grade did you receive?
Bowling is definitely an area where the chemistry can affect the physics.

Josch
06-26-2013, 11:01 PM
I don't know exactly. I received an 89% but that included our grades on quizzes of other people's projects. The video itself was also only about 1/4 of the project.

billf
06-26-2013, 11:03 PM
I hate when they do that stuff. I always wanted to know what each project was and never grasped the concept of having different projects carrying a different amount of grade weight.

Greenday
06-29-2013, 01:12 AM
Probably took off 11% of your grade because you said you were finishing with a strike montage and the last shot left a pin standing. That'll teach you to lie!

Pretty good video explaining why different balls and shots do what they do. What level class was this for? High school, college? My only gripe (I'm a chemist myself so I nitpick on this stuff) is that isn't wasn't very chemistry orientated. Granted chemistry is just applied physics on a molecular level. But still. Would have been great for a low level physics presentation. Could have used a little more chemistry.

If you ever need any chemistry help or questions, feel free to PM me.

Josch
06-29-2013, 12:20 PM
It was for an honors high school chem class. The weird thing about this project was that it could be on any science topic and did not have to involve any chemistry.

I had to leave that lost shot in there since it was the closest and best looking thing the the third person in my group got to a strike.