View Full Version : Motiv Primal Rage Review and Video

toverbey
06-30-2013, 07:14 PM
Lane Condition:
Modified Kegel Stone Street

Layout:
4 ¾” x 4”
64* x 4 ¾” x 40*

Motiv’s newest ball gives unprecedented backend motion of longer, heavier patterns while still retaining the versatility to excel on shorter, lighter patterns. The Primal Rage, affectionately known as the ‘red ball,’ not only looks good on the lane, its technology gives it the competitive edge. The high RG, highly dynamic Impulse V2 core (2.55 RG, .050 Differential) is wrapped in the new Fusion pearl coverstock. By finishing this aggressive pearl at 1500 grit + Power Gel Polish, the Rage has plenty of teeth to grip the lane through the oil while still retaining the energy needed to make an angular transition at the breakpoint. I drilled with a slightly weaker pin distance than my Scream because I wanted something to definitively push down the lane before it made its move to the pocket. The combination of pearl, high RG and the longer pin allow this ball to effortlessly glide through the heads. Once the ball is in the mids I can see the higher differential kicking to flare and the ball starts to read the lane, though it still is not hooking this early. Once my ball gets down to the breakpoint it releases its energy and makes one of the most angular moves that I have in my arsenal; the strongest for this amount of oil bar none. I have found that this ball is extremely versatile for me. Hook in fresh oil, skid and recovery on broken down conditions; the red ball has exceled on the large variety conditions I have thrown it on so far. The Primal Rage: Take our your Rage!

Here is a link to my video of the Rage in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AneshhXglk

Trent Overbey
In the Zone Pro Shop
Motiv Staff
www.motivbowling.com