PDA

View Full Version : What's the Best Asymmetrical Ball?

Josch
07-01-2013, 09:26 PM
I'm looking to add a 4th ball to my arsenal. I currently have 2 Hammer Rhythms, one pin up and one pin down, and a pin up Ebonite Cyclone. The coach in the pro shop said I should look into getting an asymmetrical ball and recommended the Hammer First Blood. I'm looking for a ball that's stronger than what I currently have. In your opinion what would be the best choice?

billf
07-01-2013, 09:32 PM
Umm, which is better, a pound block of gold or a pound of gold in chunks? What't the best depends on you BUT the First Blood is an awesome ball.

dnhoffman
07-02-2013, 09:56 AM
For any specific pattern or just THS? I'd ask the pro to help you match up equipment to whatever you're trying to bowl on.

You can buy a Storm Sync (most aggressive ball out there as far as I know) but if it's not in long oil then it tends to either lose too much energy or in drier tracks can make a 90 degree rather quickly...

Why not just buy a ball that matches your style, speed, revs, etc and the lane conditions you're mostly bowling on and then change the surface up a bit if you want it to read earlier?

Jaescrub
07-02-2013, 01:06 PM
Ya I 2nd that use your pro shop and research with others that bowl close to how you do. The amount if tech out there and equipment can be a lil staggering.

Josch
07-02-2013, 02:36 PM
The pro shop is recommending the First Blood but since they're an Ebonite International only shop I want to see if there's anything else out there you would recommend. I'm looking for a pearl that's strong with length. Almost all of the balls at the center are Ebonite products because of this and I don't really see anything else.

Jaescrub
07-02-2013, 02:46 PM
That sounds like a pro shop thats biased to one "brand" Do you have other pro shops around you that might be able to watch you Bowl and give a suggestion?

classygranny
07-02-2013, 02:49 PM
That sounds like a pro shop thats biased to one "brand" Do you have other pro shops around you that might be able to watch you Bowl and give a suggestion?

Not necessarily biased...they just "know" that equipment better since they deal with it more often. Same as my coach "knows" Storm/Roto-Grip better but has no probable with me using both RG and Brunswick. He just knows the equipment better just like the pro shop knows the Ebonite better. Likes been said....lots of equipment out there.

Greenday
07-02-2013, 05:23 PM
The First Blood is a good ball. I've seen a couple people use it. Looks real nice.

I prefer my Sync. Works great on the heavy oil. Really strong motion.

billf
07-04-2013, 11:57 AM
Every company seems to make a ball that fits the criteria you gave. Not wanting to use what everybody else has, that I get. But not knowing your lanes, style or anything it's impossible to make a good selection.
When I went to DV8 in Jan '12 I bought two Revenge's, Reckless and Misfit at the same time just to ensure I would have something that fit my lane conditions and style. Since then I've added the Marauder, Terror, Too Reckless and Brutal Nightmare. But each night I see more and more DV8s out there so I've been toying with trying Motiv next.