PDA

View Full Version : What should I see out of this placement

Gunz1911
07-03-2013, 02:28 PM
Hey all, Finally got my Misfit Pearl all drilled up and it feels really good. Having a little trouble getting the thumb slug in and out, but I planned on getting the tool to help anyway.

What should I see/expect out of this pin placement. I tried the ball out last night and I rolled just under my average first two games( 148 & 158) then above the last game was a 192. The third game, some how between our break me and my wife switched and I ended up bowling for her, (she finished off my game for a 119 and I only brought her back to a 130ish). Took me a little bit to figure out where to stand, but the ball seemed to have a decent amount of hook to it, though the lanes where pretty dry cause of open bowling. I am going to take it out again today, to the alley that is closer to my house. Will post how it goes.

Gunz1911
07-03-2013, 02:36 PM
And then I realized I didn't even post the picture.... Fail

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/1012629_674644592548952_768666266_n.jpg

swingset
07-03-2013, 08:16 PM
Almost impossible to predict what you'll get out of a ball based on pin placement, alone. Waaaay too many variables other than that.

got_a_300
07-04-2013, 12:05 AM
Like swingset said there is just way to many other variables to
it then just going off of the pin placement like what are the drill
angles and what is the VAL angle and it also depends on how far
the pin placement is from your PAP.

I'd say by just looking at the pin placement in the picture it will
more than likely have an early roll and read the mid lane a little
sooner and maybe a slightly less aggressive reaction on the back
end more of a smoother type of hook not a skid flip type of ball
reaction.

Tampabaybob
07-04-2013, 09:29 AM
Gunz... It's a little hard to tell what the ball will do for you, because a lot depends on how "you" release the ball, speed, lane oil, etc. Just looked at the specs:

Misfit Pearl Neon Yellow Specs
Product ID:10684
Brand:DV8
Release Date:01/23/2013
Perfect Scale®:179.4
Performance:Performance(4)
RG:2.545
Differential:0.032
Flare Potential:Low
Breakpoint Shape:Angular
Lane Condition:Medium-Dry
Finish:High Polish
Coverstock:Reactive Resin
Coverstock Name:Class 1L Pearl Reactive
Factory Finish:500 Grit Siaair; Rough Buff; High Gloss
Core Type:Symmetric
Core Name:High RG Misfit
Quality:First Quality
Color(s):Yellow

I'm guessing that with the drilling you have, it should compliment the specs, that's to say it should have no problem clearing the heads and you should get a good strong back end out of it. What you have is a fairly strong drilling pattern. If your bowling on a fresh THS shot, you'd want to shoot just inside the oil line (maybe drop on 12 board, and swing it out to about the 6 -8 board. That'll give the ball a little room to slide and build up momentum before it hits the friction point. Try that and let us know how it worked.

Gunz1911
07-04-2013, 01:54 PM
Thanks. I wasn't looking for a 100% "this will do this" Just an idea on what to look for. I used it last night on a fresh THS. Pretty much what you said Tampa, I'd release around the 12-15 board and bring it out to about 8 board. I threw a few games with just my Misfit and did decent. Didn't record all of my games, but nothing below 150 and the last few games I used my BN as my strike ball and used the Misfit to pick up all my spares. Worked out really good high game of the night was 198.

I am really excited about Sunday league. The lanes there are SUPER dry as they do not dress them between open house, youth league, then our league. so by the end of the night my BN is trying to hook into the lane next to me. Will let you all know how it goes!

TCJ
07-04-2013, 08:24 PM
Hang on a minute while I go get my sunglasses...

Tampabaybob
07-05-2013, 10:45 AM
Gunz..... looks like it worked out well for you. Keep up the good shooting.

Gunz1911
07-05-2013, 10:50 AM
What kind of Polish should I use for my Mistift? I know there are a lot out there. I plan on getting a small bottle and trying it out and see how I like it. Any suggestions for those who throw a pearl ball?

Tampabaybob
07-05-2013, 11:32 AM
What kind of Polish should I use for my Mistift? I know there are a lot out there. I plan on getting a small bottle and trying it out and see how I like it. Any suggestions for those who throw a pearl ball?

I use Brunswick polish on all my stuff. Works well, will help get the ball down the lane a little further, just don't use too much.

billf
07-05-2013, 07:02 PM
Rough buff and high gloss is what it calls for.
I use rough buff and Turtle Wax auto polish (green tub). Works great and lasts longer.