PDA

View Full Version : Wasn't Expecting Much Today

The German Shepherd
07-03-2013, 03:21 PM
I woke up early this AM with a pounding migraine. I took some meds and downed a large mug of espresso (caffeine caffein caffeine) atea little and headed to the lanes. I felt like garbage but we are in a fight for first place and did not want to call in sick. I am not sure what to say about how I bowled. I started off with a 258 (threw the last 8 in a row) and followed that up with a 264 (threw the first 6 strikes). By the end of game two, I was gassed. The meds were wearing off and my fngers became numb. Nevertheless I staggered to a 215 and finished with a 737.

Not sure how to interpret this.....

Jay:confused:

J Anderson
07-03-2013, 05:37 PM
Possible interpretations:

1. You bowl well/better under pressure.

2. Having low expectations allowed you to focus on throwing one good shot at a time.

3. You needed another dose of caffeine toward the end of the second game.

4. Dupont was right; "better living (bowling) through chemistry"!

By the way, I thought caffeine was thought to be a trigger of migraines. I generally don't get headaches let alone migraines. The only time I do get a headache is when I have to go a full day without coffee. My wife and my sister both get migraines on rare occasions and neither of them drinks any thing stronger than tea. Using basic logic, coffee isn't the cause, it must be me or my nephews ;)

SouthpawTRK
07-03-2013, 07:40 PM
You have the heart of a true warrior! Sorry to hear that you were not feeling well, but you persevered and came out with a damn good series. Get some rest and hope that you feel better sooner than later.

classygranny
07-03-2013, 10:09 PM
Interpretation...someone needs to hit you over the head before you bowl - :D

Seriously...Great bowling through all of that...sometimes I bowl better ONLY if headache seems to subside, but not if it is still hurting. Probably felt you had to concentrate harder, so you did. And it probably slowed your thought process down and didn't over-activate the thinking.

John, FYI - funny thing about headaches; caffeine will trigger them, but is also one of the quickest relievers around - duh? I know, go figure. I seriously doubt if it is you or your nephews, I try and blame mine on a whole lot of things but with little success.

Tampabaybob
07-04-2013, 09:18 AM
Jay, nice shooting, guy. You might want to let everyone know what "meds" you're taking so we all can shoot that well !!

And just to add to the migraine conversation...my ex wife had them and her doctor told her the 'first' thing to do is run and get a cup of black coffee and then go into a darkened room. Just my 2 cents.

billf
07-04-2013, 11:22 AM
I get migraines but don't drink coffe. Never have. Tried it once and it tastes like, well you know what. Caffeine is suppose to help though. I've found that the WalMart brand of excederin migraine subsides them enough that I can function.

Jay, good job! Interpretation? You had too many spares to shoot the third game lol