PDA

View Full Version : Summer leagues!

DLP
07-07-2013, 09:37 PM
Well summer leagues for me are off to an interesting start. I've never bowled league before so the experience was all new. I get that, you know a little adjusting, getting to know who your bowling against, etc etc...

It's just me and the hubs right now so our other two "team" members are vacant. We'll get a new team member next week (who couldn't make the first week of leagues)....

I'm thinking "okay, just go with it, don't do anything rash, or change, just throw the ball and stay relaxed". Third game, didn't do so well... but here is the fallout

114/163/82

Yes, that is a 163. I had a turkey in the middle of the game and ended with a 6/,X,7/X in the 8th, 9th, and 10th. Only 4 opens the entire game which I think is a new first for me. Hell, what am I saying, the 163 is a new first for me.

Ladies and gentleman - she CAN be taught!

bowlerRob2
07-07-2013, 09:47 PM
Congrads! Turkeys are tasty but Hambones are even more delicious. I know you get to taste one soon! Best of luck. :)

SouthpawTRK
07-07-2013, 09:49 PM
Congratulations on your first night at league and good job on the turkey :)

billf
07-07-2013, 10:11 PM
Congratulations! I hope you enjoy your first league. Have fun!

Tampabaybob
07-08-2013, 09:09 AM
WAY TO GO Donna !! Great game and I can see we may have a new bowler for life here. When you have bowling nights like that and your scores fluctuate, review what you think you were doing during that second game vs. what you did in the third game. Ask yourself if it was the lanes (oil) changing, or was it more of a mental focus. We all need to learn to look and learn from what we've done from one bowling night to the next to try to overcome those oooop's. We all have them, trust me, I've had MORE than my share over the years, and figured out exactly what went wrong...on the way home !! Too late then, but next time, hopefully I didn't repeat it.
Hang in there and watch that average start to climb !

Judy clemons
07-08-2013, 11:32 AM
NICE! league bowling there, Donna!
We all have to start somewhere and I can truly say you don't have a complaint to stand on for your first night out in
league waters ...AWESOME JOB!
Remember Always First & Foremost you are out there to have F U N !!!
Your best game 163 last night is only the 1st of many more to follow and it won't be long till you will be looking for
that 200 ... league play is a tool in your arsenal to help you build a solid foundation on stability, consistency and
accuracy ...use it to your advantage by taking full mental notes to gain the knowledge of lane adjusting.
keep us posted love to hear how your doing.

DLP
07-14-2013, 10:04 PM
157-100-109

Tearing up the back of my thumb really started to get to me sooner rather than later. I know what's wrong, I'm going to reach out to my pro or my coach to find out how to fix it.

barcar
07-16-2013, 05:25 PM
Wow nice game, I am still trying to get my wife to bowl in a league, but to this point, no luck.

DLP
07-22-2013, 08:23 AM
Didn't feel well but went bowling anyway. Messed up my hip a few weeks ago and apparently I'm not taking enough downtime for it to get any better. I just couldn't get it together no matter how hard I tried to block everything out. The lanes, the ball, everything about last night just felt wrong to me.

125-96-98

Tampabaybob
07-22-2013, 04:44 PM
Donna, feeling bad when you're bowling stinks, but I as well would never mis a nite of bowling. I always tell my team mates that there is only one good reason to not show up....."DEATH" !! That's always been my motto, and I'm sticking to
it !! You'll bounce back, just give it some time.

Re: our secret..Official announcement coming possibly in a few days !!!!!!! Very excited !! Go check it out, it's ok.

noeymc
07-22-2013, 04:50 PM
congrats on the 163 keep working on your game and soon thos will be your low games =D

DLP
07-28-2013, 10:30 PM
130-163-103

Avg. over three games : 132
Avg. up until this week: 115
Avg. including this week : 120

hdcp this wk : 94
hdcp next wk: 89