PDA

View Full Version : Need help with new avatar!

WolfGirl1980
07-08-2013, 12:13 AM
Every time I make my new Avatar for 96 x 96 pixels it says 32.2 of 19.5 KB bytes how many pixels does it need to be, to be the right size? thanks for your help And its a Gif file also.

bowl1820
07-08-2013, 09:29 AM
Every time I make my new Avatar for 96 x 96 pixels it says 32.2 of 19.5 KB bytes how many pixels does it need to be, to be the right size? thanks for your help And its a Gif file also.

Beside making it 96X96

Try reducing the resolution (if higher than 72 dpi)

Try reducing the colors (This would be under your gif options)

Don't use interlacing.

Also try not using Dithering, it can increase the file size.

For animated GIFs, reduce the number of frames in the image.

Judy clemons
07-09-2013, 12:34 PM
extremely nice avatar wolf girl! I see why you were wanting to change your old one now.

WolfGirl1980
07-10-2013, 11:36 AM
extremely nice avatar wolf girl! I see why you were wanting to change your old one now.

Thanks Judy, Actually That is gonna be my new bowling ball coming November 19th on my Birthday I will be 33 years old I know I probably sound younger but that's how old I am and I can't wait till my birthday to get my new ball and I even going up to a 14 pound ball I tried a house ball and it felt good and my coach thinks it will get me out of my bad habit of turning my hand in my swing!:cool:;)

Bunny
09-11-2013, 12:12 PM
Also try not using Dithering, it can increase the file size.

I don't know what "Dithering" is but trying not to do it sounds like good advice!

Thanks Judy, Actually That is gonna be my new bowling ball coming November 19th on my Birthday I will be 33 years old I know I probably sound younger but that's how old I am and I can't wait till my birthday to get my new ball and I even going up to a 14 pound ball I tried a house ball and it felt good and my coach thinks it will get me out of my bad habit of turning my hand in my swing!:cool:;)

That's a sweet looking ball. You have to wait all the way till your birthday on November 19th? I'd be foaming at the mouth by now.

You will be amazed at the difference between a 12 pounder and a 14. I bought a 12lb Misfit after surgery thinking I wasn't going to be able to roll my 14 pounders. Yikes! Thank goodness I'm able to roll the 14s. That 12 hit the pins and it went "tink." Not very impressive.

Anybody need a brand new, 12 pound green and white Misfit? I'll give you a great deal!! :p

Aslan
09-11-2013, 12:35 PM
I don't know what "Dithering" is but trying not to do it sounds like good advice!

I've often been told not to "dither dather"...but I've never been accused of strictly "dithering".

But yes Bunny; good advice. Actually any type of -ithering is usually something to avoid...whether "withering" or "slithering"...any "ithering"....bad news.

Bunny
09-17-2013, 11:01 PM
I've often been told not to "dither dather"...but I've never been accused of strictly "dithering".

omg! I'm watching the Daily Show from last night and Jon Stewart actually uses the word "Dithering!"

Crazy!

Aslan
09-17-2013, 11:48 PM
omg! I'm watching the Daily Show from last night and Jon Stewart actually uses the word "Dithering!"

Crazy!

I never told you that my job is to write for Comedy Central.

Zaxmazr
09-18-2013, 01:09 PM
A great way to get the file size down without doing anything is just throwing it in Microsoft Paint and re-saving it. Bumps the file size down quite a bit sometimes. (Microsoft has different compression methods than Adobe)

Mudpuppy
09-25-2013, 04:02 PM
A great way to get the file size down without doing anything is just throwing it in Microsoft Paint and re-saving it. Bumps the file size down quite a bit sometimes. (Microsoft has different compression methods than Adobe)

Man you weren't supposed to tell anyone. Next week you are going to fill them in on print screen and paint. Then you might as well start blabbing about control keys.

Zaxmazr
09-30-2013, 10:18 AM
Man you weren't supposed to tell anyone. Next week you are going to fill them in on print screen and paint. Then you might as well start blabbing about control keys.

lol, okay I'll shut it :D