PDA

View Full Version : Purple power?

Vince805
07-08-2013, 06:21 PM
I currently use simple green and alcohol after my league nights to clean my ball and its worked very well for me so far. Someone told me to try Purple power. so i went and looked and its a industrial strength degreaser/cleaner. what are your thoughts? would this be harmful to my ball....its a dv8 brutal nightmare.thanks.

billf
07-08-2013, 07:11 PM
While I haven't looked at the MSDS or ingredients in either I do use both. Simple green at home and purple power at work. The purple power is a much stronger cleaner. It's what I use to wash my floor with at the shop and gets up all the grease and oil.

got_a_300
07-08-2013, 11:39 PM
Hmmmm...... Purple power, now that does sound interesting and it
has got my curiosity up so now I'll have to go find some and check
it out and see what all it has in it.

Vince805
07-10-2013, 06:08 PM
While I haven't looked at the MSDS or ingredients in either I do use both. Simple green at home and purple power at work. The purple power is a much stronger cleaner. It's what I use to wash my floor with at the shop and gets up all the grease and oil.
I used it once to clean oil i spilled while putting oil in my car and it got down and on the bottom pipe at end of the catalytic converter. it was just burning and wouldnt go away used that worked perfectly.... I found this http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/pdfImages/78/78e356c0-ce18-4571-b5e5-aa835716f9c1.pdf but dont know what to look for that would be harmful to the ball

Hmmmm...... Purple power, now that does sound interesting and it
has got my curiosity up so now I'll have to go find some and check
it out and see what all it has in it.
yeah i thought so. if its that strong figured it would get the ball alot cleaner then simple green if its safe of course lol

got_a_300
07-11-2013, 01:32 AM
I found this http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/pdfImages/78/78e356c0-ce18-4571-b5e5-aa835716f9c1.pdf but dont know what to look for that would be harmful to the ball

yeah i thought so. if its that strong figured it would get the ball alot cleaner then simple green if its safe of course lol

OK from what I read in this statement right here makes me want to change
my mind about wanting to try it out because it does sound way to powerful
to use on a bowling ball if it will burn your skin.

Causes skin burn and eye damage. Fatal if swallowed. Avoid contact with skin and eyes.

Vince805
07-15-2013, 05:57 PM
OK from what I read in this statement right here makes me want to change
my mind about wanting to try it out because it does sound way to powerful
to use on a bowling ball if it will burn your skin.

Causes skin burn and eye damage. Fatal if swallowed. Avoid contact with skin and eyes.

Yeah i seen that to and didnt know if that would be good or bad for the ball. but does sound like a hella strong cleaner. tempted to use it on one of my old balls and see what happens and how well it works

got_a_300
07-15-2013, 11:31 PM
Yeah i seen that to and didnt know if that would be good or bad for the ball. but does sound like a hella strong cleaner. tempted to use it on one of my old balls and see what happens and how well it works
If you decide to try it on an old ball post back and let us know
how it turns out but be careful using it.

Vince805
07-16-2013, 06:46 PM
If you decide to try it on an old ball post back and let us know
how it turns out but be careful using it.

Im gonna use it on a OLD Nitro/R2 lol. hopefully its not to old of a ball and it destroys it lol. its a reactive resin ball so we will see. i got gloves and will be very careful