PDA

View Full Version : Some Comedy Relief

Greenday
07-09-2013, 04:33 PM
Last Wednesday, two guys on my lane were arguing about who would pick up a spare and how much they'd give the other person if they made it. The one guy left a 3-7-9-10 spare shot. So basically the left pin, double wood, and the right pin. It got up to $100 before I got tired of waiting (Hate wasting practice time). I walked up, said, "I got this.", picked up my IQ Pearl, moved left four boards of my strike board (with my feet), and threw my ball. A more perfect ball could not have been thrown. My ball came in and drove through between the right side split, tapped both the 3 and 9 pins on the right side, knocked the 10 pin off the lane, and took out the 7 pin with the 3.

Apparently the talk about giving the other guy money was all talk. No one paid me anything!

DLP
07-09-2013, 04:57 PM
Grats on the awesome throw! You should of requested the sum in question be paid in small unmarked bills ;)

J Anderson
07-09-2013, 08:11 PM
Reminds me of two brothers that bowl in the under ten youth league. Their dad made the mistake of saying that he would give one of them $100 if he made the 7-10 that he had left. Now when they get bored or frustrated with the way they're bowling they deliberately try to leave big splits:D

Greenday
07-09-2013, 10:35 PM
You should of requested the sum in question be paid in small unmarked bills ;)

Non-sequential.

got_a_300
07-11-2013, 01:08 AM
LOL!!!! I would have loved to seen the look
on their faces when you walked up and said
"I got this." and then picked it up I'm sure it
would have really been a Kodak moment.

GeoLes
07-11-2013, 10:33 AM
That would not happen in my bowling house. Theres a sign posted forbidding wagering of any type.

J Anderson
07-11-2013, 10:54 AM
That would not happen in my bowling house. Theres a sign posted forbidding wagering of any type.

So there are never any 50/50s, side pots, brackets etc.????????

The center where I bowl has a sign on the door saying no food or drinks from outside are allowed in the center. Yet many of the leagues will have the center set up a table or two behind their lanes around the holidays or at the end of the season so they can bring in all sorts of outside food. Often this is right in front of the snack bar.

Just 'cause there's a sign doesn't mean people will pay any attention to it.

GeoLes
07-11-2013, 12:01 PM
and your point is? :)

There is another bowling center near me which sells lottery tickets at the desk. I wonder if you can buy "loosies"* there too. What's next? tube socks? - (they sell them too)

* - "loosies" are cigarettes sold individually rather than by the pack. An Illegal practice today, but common when I was a kid too young to smoke

e-tank
07-11-2013, 12:27 PM
Just came in to say thanks geoles for explaining what loosies were. I wouldve just assumed they were prostitutes lol

GeoLes
07-11-2013, 12:53 PM
So there are never any 50/50s, side pots, brackets etc.????????

The center where I bowl has a sign on the door saying no food or drinks from outside are allowed in the center. Yet many of the leagues will have the center set up a table or two behind their lanes around the holidays or at the end of the season so they can bring in all sorts of outside food. Often this is right in front of the snack bar.

Just 'cause there's a sign doesn't mean people will pay any attention to it.

Last year my league received a warning from management for doing just that. We had our year-end party and brought our sodas, I think. Anyway, we received a harsh warning. Next time: Expusion

GeoLes
07-11-2013, 12:55 PM
Just came in to say thanks geoles for explaining what loosies were. I wouldve just assumed they were prostitutes lol

HEY!!!! keep it cliean. The children are watching.

e-tank
07-11-2013, 04:36 PM
HEY!!!! keep it cliean. The children are watching.

This thread is now rated pg-13

Parental guidance suggested