PDA

View Full Version : Signed up for a 9-pin No Tap Scotch Doubles tournament with the hubby

DLP
07-12-2013, 01:14 PM
Well my name's on the list so there's no backing out now :)

Considering my spare game beats my strike game hands down.... while I doubt we'll win anything, we probably won't be dead last :9

Happens to be at noon the same day as our league. Which means I'm either going to really rock in the tourney and blow league play or vice versa.

got_a_300
07-12-2013, 02:23 PM
Good luck in the tournament maybe you will bowl
good in it and in league afterwords.

billf
07-13-2013, 09:44 AM
Have ice packs ready for your hand. Even if you don't notice it, there will be some swelling if you're not use to that much bowling in one day.

I once bowled 16 games at a tourney, hauled butt to my home center for league. I felt fine, right up until I went to pick up a ball and it felt heavier than my car. That's when I started double an triple sessions of bowling on weekends. It worked too. This past season I bowled morning league, three squads of doubles and singles for city tourney and night league on Saturday then came back Sunday morning and did it all again! 48 games in less than 48 hours then bowled league Mon and Tues. Wed I skipped my normal practice session and just rested.

ccb99
07-30-2013, 01:41 AM
I'm the exact opposite... I am TERRIBLE at spare shooting. This year's kickoff for my Youth league has three games of 9 pin no tap... When I did it last year, I got my first turkey :P

dnhoffman
07-30-2013, 08:18 AM
How'd it go?

DLP
08-05-2013, 02:02 PM
Won't be bowling in it... is on August 11th (this coming Sunday) but after borking my back up last night in leagues..... I probably won't be bowling again until Sunday :(

Stormed1
08-07-2013, 09:42 PM
Bummer.Hope your back feels better soon

Hampe
08-08-2013, 06:19 AM
Oh man....that sucks. Hope you get better soon