View Full Version : Motiv Rage Review

sportshot
07-14-2013, 04:10 PM
Ball Specs:
Motiv Primal Rage
Pearl Reactive
1500 Grit / Power Gel Polish
Ball Specs: Symmetric Core
Layout 55 x 3.5 x 40 (with balance hole)

Bowler Specs:
Right Hand. PAP 5 Over 3/4 up
Rev Rate 275. Tilt 20. Rotation 50.
Speed off hand 18

Review:
The New Motiv Primal Rage fills the need for a Strong Pearl Reactive. The ball looks great with Pearl Red cover and contrasting logos. The total hook is almost as much as the Primal Scream on an oily pattern, but a little more on lighter oil. I believe this is because the Rage reads dry lanes drier than the Scream. The Rage is cleaner through the heads than the Scream. The backend motion of the Rage is very angular and the continuation is very strong. Light hits also carry very well. One thing that I noticed at my break point was how I could see the ball axis migrate when it made its move. This showed me the strength of the core matched with this cover. I tested the Rage on a fresh house shot as well as a high volume sport shot. The ball was at home on either pattern, and even though I was playing a different line, the carry was great! The Rage is very versatile for a strong pearl reactive. We have also found this ball works well with different layouts. We have not drilled a pin down Rage but we feel the reaction will be very good.
Bowling This Month magazine gave the Primal Rage the highest backend rate ever. This rate along with the highest hook rate ever given to a ball (the Talon) shows the technology and improvements Motiv is using in manufacturing. Motiv is not sitting on old ideas and reactions, but continues to push the limits of filling bowler needs with the best ball that can be made at the time of production.

Summary:
The Rage filled a spot much needed and requested by bowlers.
Great color and contrasting logos.
Very versatile for a Strong Reactive.
This is a great piece to have if you like hook and angle.

Glenn
PBA Member
Motiv Staff
Turbo Staff
Video Link - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbluYOL_Le8&feature=youtu.be

Sportshot64@comcast.net
www.motivbowling.com