PDA

View Full Version : Contest Jul 15, 2013 to Jul 21, 2013 - Storm Hy-Road Pearl

BowlingBoards.com
07-15-2013, 12:10 AM
We are giving away a Storm Hy-Road Pearl for a random poster from Jul 15, 2013 through Jul 21, 2013.

== General Giveaway Rules

Every post made on BowlingBoards during the dates listed above will be considered an entry. Drawing will be done the first business day following the contest period. Winner will be contacted via email and through BowlingBoards.com.

BowlingBoards is a moderated site and reserves the right to delete any post deemed illegitimate, automatic, or just plain off topic.

The goal of BowlingBoards is to bring more people into our community. Participate in the conversations happening here. And while you are at it, you will be earning entries into our drawing.

IMPORTANT NOTICE! -- We reserve the right to redraw a winner if the winning post is not of quality content. Quality content is at the sole discretion of the BowlingBoards.com administrators. This means that one word posts will not qualify. Repeating what someone else has said does not qualify.

Just participate in the conversation instead of \"trying to win\" a drawing. The more you participate, the better your chances.

Jaescrub
07-15-2013, 12:14 AM
Wow getting right into the new balls nice! ;)

striker12
07-15-2013, 12:19 AM
would not mind this balls for a first storm ball to try out and see how i can make it work.

GoodGravy
07-15-2013, 12:43 AM
This would be a great ball to have...I'm having a tough time figuring out the direction I want to go with my line up for the fall. Getting this ball sure would help. Right now I'm torn between IQ Tour Pearl and this ball...

Judy clemons
07-15-2013, 01:05 AM
I would love to have this new storm to give to my hubby to go with his butterscotch beast to build up his bowling arsenal !!!

Jaescrub
07-15-2013, 01:57 AM
Can't say anything on this ball really cuz I have not seen it. But Bowlingball.com is giving away a Marvel S that's the ball I know I'm going to win for all my good deeds this year ;) I seen and smelled ;) this ball in person some time back it's great! When it drops it should be a hit.

STRYKER
07-15-2013, 06:27 AM
all the reviews ive read on this ball are good would be nice to win to give it a try

dnhoffman
07-15-2013, 07:55 AM
I'm a Storm nut... Sync, IQ Tour, but need a pearl... ;)

DLP
07-15-2013, 07:56 AM
This is pre-selling like wildfire at the Pro shop. This is probably the highest on my list of most wants :)

Not to mention it smells like grape kool-aid.

JDHamm85
07-15-2013, 10:26 AM
Good luck to all. I'm gonna be uploading a video of me throwing my disturbed in a few minutes.

billf
07-15-2013, 08:56 PM
Good luck everyone! This would go nicely with my Hy-Road...hmmm

e-tank
07-15-2013, 10:10 PM
This ball looks very nice!

barcar
07-16-2013, 05:07 PM
Really enjoy the Frantic, and would like to try this one out.

fungui
07-17-2013, 10:43 AM
This is pre-selling like wildfire at the Pro shop. This is probably the highest on my list of most wants :)

Not to mention it smells like grape kool-aid.

That sounds awesome

bigjimbo316
07-18-2013, 01:26 PM
Would love to win this!

ragstormfan
07-18-2013, 08:40 PM
Never got to throw the original Hy-Road. Would love to get to try this one out!

MICHAEL
07-19-2013, 09:14 AM
If I win this ball, I will dedicate my next 300 to RICH!! All kidding aside, I have learned a whole bunch going to his instructional section of this web site! I have lately been close on 6 occasions... I can feel another 300 coming THIS SUMMER! Hey, my favorite jelly is without a doubt Grape, I can almost imagine taking a whiff of that Hy road, with just a touch of peanut butter tucked inside my nostrils, (just a few molecules), and the results might be awesome!

RICH, give me the honor of maybe being the First to dedicate a 300 to YOU! I type this with all humility, and in no way trying to manipulate a Grape ball into my domain of glory! Rich,,, you have no idea how many times I wished you were my brother, instead of the brother I have!! Bless you Rich, and Bless this web site!

Rich the Grapes of Wrath is even one of my top 100 movies of all time!! This is time, this is the moment Rich, do the right thing! All honor will be YOURS!

Jaescrub
07-19-2013, 01:29 PM
I'm with Michael he should win and bowl a 300 ;) I'm seeing a lot if new and old ppl with low post counts just posting in here to win this ball it must be something magic if every one wants it. But Michael dose contribute a lot around here with tips, funny story's good input and his silly old man back talk. So lets do him a solid and get the ball in his hands..... "small print" inthispost inamtryingtotakeoddsoffof facebookersaswellasmyself cuzIwanttowinBowlingBall.com Marvelsgiveawayso Imayormaynotlikeandor enjoyMichaelsTipsfunny story'sgoodinput oldmanbacktalkorhis whitelionsmanehair. Voidwhere prohibitedNoRefundstakebacks oranyotherformofJizzjazzaloud

JDHamm85
07-19-2013, 01:42 PM
lol.

maybe we should start posting one word at a time ;o

MICHAEL
07-19-2013, 04:04 PM
why?

classygranny
07-19-2013, 04:10 PM
more postings

darn...that's two words...lol

MICHAEL
07-19-2013, 04:47 PM
more postings

darn...that's two words...lol

actually that was 6 words,,, laugh out loud,,,, mine was truly ONE!! The ONE!! (:)

mike_thomas93
07-19-2013, 06:52 PM
This ball looks hot. I love the colors. I sure wouldn't mind having this as my first storm bowling ball.

MICHAEL
07-20-2013, 08:06 AM
because!!

crimsoneyes
07-20-2013, 09:00 AM
I probably would've walked out of the proshop with this ball yesterday if I had the cash. Maybe ill win it instead!

vdubtx
07-20-2013, 05:56 PM
In for one. Hope to win someday. :)
Good luck all.

dnhoffman
07-21-2013, 10:36 AM
I'm becoming a storm junkie....

JDHamm85
07-21-2013, 03:36 PM
Anybody else notice that the admins forgot to make a post on facebook about the giveaway this week?

Hopefully that means a board member will definitely be winning.

billf
07-21-2013, 04:21 PM
That would be great. Maybe they are starting to see that including the FB junkies isn't driving new members to here.
Anybody ever look and see how many members are listed for these forums versus total post count? It's scary low. Most people register, post once and leave.

dnhoffman
07-21-2013, 06:18 PM
There has to be a better way to attract quality new members that are interested in contributing. Obviously the admins have done the right stuff with regards to browser search optimization (because that's how I ended up here) but attracting social media clicks can't be the best method unless they're generating ad revenue from likes/shares (which they might) and if they are... Well that helps pay for the site and is a necessary evil I guess.

Jaescrub
07-21-2013, 06:47 PM
That would be great we are the ones on here day in and day out talking about the sport and helping it grow. I have got 6 new people into bowling from the start of spring they want to learn and buy equipment for them self and that moves the sport along. Not one has joined here yet :/ but most have got the list of thing they are ordering and getting ready for fall league. ;) I can't wait! Hell I started a Facebook with very lil info just to win the Bowlingball.com give a ways cuz I don't think they pick from the forms on the web page. I still fill Em out. Ha ha ha. But at the end of the day we are just lucky to be given the chance every ball is a high end one and once a week is nuts so let's be thank full and open minded ;) I'm still holding out ill win the Marvel s for all my giving this year ha ha ha.

classygranny
07-21-2013, 09:59 PM
There has to be a better way to attract quality new members that are interested in contributing. Obviously the admins have done the right stuff with regards to browser search optimization (because that's how I ended up here) but attracting social media clicks can't be the best method unless they're generating ad revenue from likes/shares (which they might) and if they are... Well that helps pay for the site and is a necessary evil I guess.

I had trouble being accepted when I first registered on the boards. I sent a message to the admin and they fixed my sign-on. I noticed recently (within the last week) that someone indicated they couldn't register either. Some people would just go on to something else rather than trying to figure out what wrong or sending for information to correct. We may be losing members that would be contributors from Facebook if they could register with ease. Just saying...it wasn't pleasant on my part - being told I was "banned" - and I had never ever been on the boards, just trying to register.

dnhoffman
07-21-2013, 10:16 PM
I had trouble being accepted when I first registered on the boards. I sent a message to the admin and they fixed my sign-on. I noticed recently (within the last week) that someone indicated they couldn't register either. Some people would just go on to something else rather than trying to figure out what wrong or sending for information to correct. We may be losing members that would be contributors from Facebook if they could register with ease. Just saying...it wasn't pleasant on my part - being told I was "banned" - and I had never ever been on the boards, just trying to register.

Same experience here, you're right - it probably doesn't help

billf
07-21-2013, 10:20 PM
When the spam bot attacked the admins changed the registration process. They added moderators but couldn't figure out how to turn on the functions for them. Bowl1820 is on regularly and the rest are sporadic at best. The admin and myself agreed to remove me as a moderator because I was so frustrated that I couldn't perform the intended functions. I even gave them my password and they couldn't figure it out. This was all after a certain person left bowlingball.com who was the amin and did a fabulous job at it. Evidently he changed something that other IT people haven't been able to figure out to add more moderators.

I love this forum. I just wish there were more able and active moderators to allow more users. But wait, it's coming..for bowlers by bowlers, right Bob?!

dnhoffman
07-21-2013, 10:22 PM
I guess there's more to the story than we know then

billf
07-21-2013, 10:32 PM
Soon I will let everyone know. I don't want to let the cat out of the bag too early.

In case I get banned email me at bowlerz_score@yahoo.com and I will email all details to everyone in ten days

MICHAEL
07-21-2013, 11:29 PM
me! I even dreamt about this ball before it was conceived! I think I could throw a Purple Haze 300 again before my birthday this September! I know now, just how I would have it drilled and laid out! Rich,, and all of you at bowlingBoard.com,,,, You know I love you all like Family! You can pick your nose! You can pick your friends, but you can't pick Family, but I have adopted you all as my bowling family! thanks for putting up with my crazy, stuff, and strange imagination!

Jaescrub
07-22-2013, 12:53 AM
If you don't win this will be a sad sad day :/ sound like you want this more then anyone else

dnhoffman
07-22-2013, 08:40 AM
Announce the winner! We're dying to know here!

got_a_300
07-22-2013, 12:33 PM
Announce the winner! We're dying to know here!

I'm just guessing here but I'd say a facebooker probably won the ball this week :(

JDHamm85
07-22-2013, 12:40 PM
Bill, from what I saw on their facebook page, they never did announce the contest for the pearl hy-road last week. So, perhaps something has occurred along the lines of what 75 and billf are talking about.

And to further the issues with the signing up, I too received an email about being banned when I first signed up, and had to email the site to see what was up. But the person who replied was very respectful and sorry that it had happened. It was weird to say the least.

classygranny
07-22-2013, 12:42 PM
I'm just guessing here but I'd say a facebooker probably won the ball this week :(

Nothing posted on Facebook, either, as of this time.

classygranny
07-22-2013, 12:45 PM
Hey, they just posted....and it's a bowlingboard member....Congrats! I don't want to be the spoiler!

JDHamm85
07-22-2013, 12:48 PM
Haha, and the conspiracy of the new members winning continues :cool:

e-tank
07-22-2013, 12:53 PM
lol ^ and so the plot thickens....

dnhoffman
07-22-2013, 01:14 PM
Actually... for the first time in my life... I WON SOMETHING!!!!

I'm super excited, because I was eying this ball last week and holy canoli .. I won!

These forums are a great resource, I'm happy to be a member and I hope I can continue to contribute.

Once I get this ball drilled I'll do a video for you guys and post it.

This has made my Monday, thanks bowlingboards.com !!

JDHamm85
07-22-2013, 01:19 PM
Don't hold your breath DN. You'll need some more patience to get the ball. Probably 3 weeks worth lol.

got_a_300
07-22-2013, 01:33 PM
Congrats on winning the ball dn at least it was a boardmember
this time. Yeah it may take a while to get the ball but just have
patience it will come.

Jaescrub
07-22-2013, 01:42 PM
Grats dn it's always nice winning ;)

dnhoffman
07-22-2013, 02:18 PM
Thanks !

Oh darn, I was hoping they'd overnight it... ;)

DLP
07-22-2013, 02:25 PM
Grats DN :)

Gunz1911
07-22-2013, 02:32 PM
Congratz on winning. Does this mean I joined to early to be considered a new member? I can always make my account again :cool:

Perrin
07-22-2013, 02:38 PM
Congratz on winning. Does this mean I joined to early to be considered a new member? I can always make my account again :cool:

LOl I am wondering the same thing :)

Grats DN

Doll with Balls
07-22-2013, 02:43 PM
Congratulations DN! How awesome.

Doll

Judy clemons
07-22-2013, 03:15 PM
Congratulations on your new ball enjoy it!