PDA

View Full Version : Having to Quit Leagues

Greenday
07-16-2013, 09:24 AM
I have to move because of my new job. Originally it was in South Jersey, which worked out well for me. It would have been an hour away from where I bowl leagues, but that would have been doable. But that's getting pushed back. In the mean time, my company wants me to move to Austin, Texas for a couple months while we wait for the NJ contract to be sorted out.

In my Tuesday night league, we are in 4th place out of 32 teams. I feel like we stand a half-decent chance of winning it (Just the one guy on my team who is all over the place. One night he'll average 200, the next he'll average 160.)

In my Wednesday night league, we are in 1st. It's a cash doubles league. Five houses are participating. The top half of each house goes and has a bowl off at one of the houses end of the season. Winning team gets $5,000. I feel like we have a GREAT chance at winning this. My average in the league right now is only 194 and I've been bowling at or above my average every single week. We definitely have the potential to crush it.

I want to win a league so badly. But unfortunately, life just gets in the way of winning. I am le sad.

JDHamm85
07-16-2013, 09:41 AM
Sorry to hear that greenday. Are you having to move immediately?

I'm down in Austin. How long is the company going to have you here? If it is long enough for a fall season, maybe we can get a team together.

Jaescrub
07-16-2013, 09:43 AM
Well bro all you can do is waste the money you will win to fly home shoot your games and fly back ha ha. No for real I feel bad for you hope something gets worked out.

Perrin
07-16-2013, 09:59 AM
It sucks that you will have to leave your leagues.

But look at it this way... you will have to chance to experience the conditions, patterns, lanes, and etc in bowling alleys half-way across the country. not to mention meeting new bowlers since it sounds like JDHamm85 is up for some games. :)

Wish you the best of luck and hope everything works out well for you.

DLP
07-16-2013, 09:59 AM
Take care of him JD!!

Greenday, where do you bowl out of curiosity? My "home lane" happens to be in Newark, DE so Jersey isn't that much further to the east

JDHamm85
07-16-2013, 10:13 AM
There is definitely some tourneys and leagues to be had down here. There are 4 big centers all around Austin that all have regular leagues and I'm sure are pretty busy as Austin is a huge city. My pro shop guy was just telling me about a doubles tournament he got talked into going in San Antonio, which is about an hour south.

I saw that you use Storm stuff in your profile, and 2 of the 3 centers' pro shops are Storm centric. They are owned by Wes Malott. One of them I believe is a Storm VIP shop.

Here is a flyer for a in-house doubles tournament that was held in June. I don't know how often these run, but my pro shop guy talked as if they are frequent. http://www.highlandlanes.com/Tournaments.asp?Page=Tournaments

Greenday
07-16-2013, 10:43 AM
Sorry to hear that greenday. Are you having to move immediately?

I'm down in Austin. How long is the company going to have you here? If it is long enough for a fall season, maybe we can get a team together.

I'll probably be moving the beginning of August. And it SHOULD just be for a couple of months.

Take care of him JD!!

Greenday, where do you bowl out of curiosity? My "home lane" happens to be in Newark, DE so Jersey isn't that much further to the east

I bowl out of Lakewood. Probably just under two hours from Newark.