PDA

View Full Version : PAP changes

billf
07-19-2013, 09:32 PM
My balls have been rolling differently. Sure, I've been doing like everybody else and trying to perfect my release but it still seemed as if the balls were no longer going long and snapping but instead they all seemed as if they had a control layout. So my curiosity got the best of me by Wednesday. I pulled out my Storm Natural Pearl. The same ball I measured my PAP with the last time. It changed. Not just a little either. It was 3 7/8" over 1/4 down. Now it's 5 1/4" over and 1" up.

On the better side, I am planning on getting a new ball anyway. I'm just glad I re-checked my PAP before spending the money. It might not be a lot of money but it would still have been a waste.

dnhoffman
07-19-2013, 11:03 PM
What do you think caused such a change in your release that your track is so different?

Greenday
07-20-2013, 10:10 AM
Ah, our PAP is nearly the same. Mine is 5 1/4" over and 1 1/8" up.

Different balls can result in what looks like different PAPs based on how they roll. I'm sure bilf may have made other changes but my IQ Pearl and Sync resulted in differing PAPs. Pearl was 4 3/4" over, Sync was 5 1/4" over.

J Anderson
07-20-2013, 10:42 AM
Ah, our PAP is nearly the same. Mine is 5 1/4" over and 1 1/8" up.

Different balls can result in what looks like different PAPs based on how they roll. I'm sure bilf may have made other changes but my IQ Pearl and Sync resulted in differing PAPs. Pearl was 4 3/4" over, Sync was 5 1/4" over.

No offense intended but Bill was using the same ball as he did the last time his P.A.P was determined.

I wonder if the change is due to his wrist injury last season.

Greenday
07-20-2013, 03:27 PM
No offense intended but Bill was using the same ball as he did the last time his P.A.P was determined.

I wonder if the change is due to his wrist injury last season.

Didn't even notice that.

billf
07-20-2013, 11:12 PM
I'm coming from inside and under the ball following DYDS as much as possible. As I became more comfortable with it I noticed the ball reaction was different than what I had hoped for/expected.

When you take your PAP you want a low flare ball. My urethane is the lowest flare I have and knowing how a ball/drilling can affect the track, I made sure to use the same ball.

It appeared on my reactive resin balls that my track had drastically gone lower. This is usually a result of axis tilt. I checked that several times and it was the same as before or reasonably close. Going nuts trying to figure out what was wrong led me to check my PAP. With that ball the track was in the same spot as before (1" from thumb and fingers). Measuring the layouts with the new PAP, the drill angle is now the total of what both my angles should be and my VAL is theoretically a negative angle. Pin to PAP went from 4" to 5 1/2"