PDA

View Full Version : Good day of practice

vdubtx
07-21-2013, 06:46 PM
Went to practice a few games for the first time in a few weeks. Put my recent coaching into full attention mode and had some really good games.

First game with my First Blood, hit all pocket except one shot where I was light and left the bucket. Left the 5 pin in my spare attempt and was the only open that game for a 244.

Second game with my Columbia U-Turn started with the first 4 then went a bit light and left the 2-8 which I converted, then slightly high and left he 4 pin which I converted. Punched out the rest of the game for a nice 267.

Third game with my Hammer Black Widow Pearl started with turkey, then was light and left the 2-10 split and an open. Alternated a few 8 and 9 pin leaves then punched out for a 222.

Fourth and final game I always throw at only 10 pin pick ups and I picked up 10 of 12.

Pretty happy with my practice. Since I have taken summer off of league, and been so busy with work and vacation I haven't been bowling too much. Will be subbing this week for one of my regular team mates.

dnhoffman
07-21-2013, 08:00 PM
I wish my practices went half as well!

billf
07-21-2013, 09:46 PM
And to think I shot 30 games of practice yesterday without even turning on the scoring monitor. The only reason I know how many games is I have to sign saying I bowled my games. Given I bowl for free I can understand that the owner wants to be sure it's me bowling and not employees and/or their friends.

dnhoffman
07-21-2013, 10:18 PM
30 in one day? I'm 33, in good shape, and I don't do more than 15. You're a machine Bill...

billf
07-21-2013, 10:30 PM
The most I've bowled was 100 in a day. My fingers hurt for a few days and my legs felt like rubber later that night. Yesterday I did cheat though. I stopped twice for a cigarette lol
My ball speed was a whole 2 mph slower at the end so I can tell my legs aren't use to it anymore. Maybe when I start working there later this month I will be able to bowl more again. I have a key but have only used it once. Only the owner, two managers and myself have a key and I don't want the employees to find out and cause a rift.

I won't be working Thursdays or Saturday days so I can keep my coaching schedule the same. Fall will be busy; leagues Mon Tue and Sat nights, work Wed, Fri and Sun evenings. Then my real job won't have to pay for my bowling.

dnhoffman
07-21-2013, 10:31 PM
You're a better man than me sir

billf
07-21-2013, 10:33 PM
No I'm not. It keeps me busy without having to do anything on my honey do list

got_a_300
07-22-2013, 12:28 AM
vdubtx
That was a very good practice session indeed.

30 in one day? I'm 33, in good shape, and I don't do more than 15. You're a machine Bill... .
20 or so years ago I used to do anywhere from 20 to 30+ games per day every
day 7 days a week. That was between practice and league games as I bowled on
a league each and every week night 6 nights per week and then I practiced most
all day on Sundays.

Now fast forward to the present and I feel really lucky to just make it through 3
league games just once per week this summer with no practice in between. LOL!!!

dnhoffman
07-22-2013, 08:01 AM
vdubtx
That was a very good practice session indeed.

20 or so years ago I used to do anywhere from 20 to 30+ games per day every
day 7 days a week. That was between practice and league games as I bowled on
a league each and every week night 6 nights per week and then I practiced most
all day on Sundays.

Now fast forward to the present and I feel really lucky to just make it through 3
league games just once per week this summer with no practice in between. LOL!!!

Depends on the level of man-soda consumption... ;)