PDA

View Full Version : need help with new bowling ball

striker12
07-22-2013, 07:43 PM
hey guys its been awhile since i last posted something new but over the summer here i have been trying to figure out witch bowling ball i should get to go with my Brunswick meanstreak brawler for the new season that's coming up.

but i will only been buying 1 ball my self and the other ball will be bought for me by my moms bf and he wants to get me a storm bowling ball.

reason fro new bowling balls need new 15lb balls rest of my stuff is 14lb and a few old 15lbs that are damaged.

thing is im looking for bowling balls with Symmetric cores because i seem too have better ball reaction with them then i do with asymmetric cores but it could be also from how i use to release the ball.

the ball i have now is a hybrid so im looking for a pearl and a solid, 1 from storm and 1 from Brunswick.

the lane condition i play on are long med-heavy too heavy oil lanes but i also have a highish rev rate and my speed is around 17-19mph.

so thanks guys for bring up some ideas on witch balls to get because with your guys help, helps me out alot on picking witch ones. but i was looking at the (marvel pearl) but not sure if anyone could light up the room with telling some things about the marvel pearl that would be great.

75lockwood
07-22-2013, 08:15 PM
Do you still want that pizza or what?!?! get those old balls out here to me! lol

well, looking at your mean streak brawler, its has mid to high hook potential while being a medium condition ball. i guess the real question here is what conditions your likely to see, if drier conditions go for something like the storm supernatural, or heavier oil go for something like the sync or the always popular iq tour pearl (right iceman?)

if your getting two balls, maybe both of the above or if your looking at a different company then there are a lot more choices lol. any preference on company for a second ball?

dnhoffman
07-22-2013, 08:46 PM
If your lane conditions are truly medium oil to medium/heavy them a good storm choice with symmetrical core would be the IQ Tour Solid and a Hyroad Pearl

I know those are both Storm but that's all I'm personally familiar with.

billf
07-22-2013, 09:26 PM
IQ Tour Pearl and Marvel S from Storm. One is a good pearl the other a good solid and both have symmetric cores. Brunswick really doesn't have much with your qualifications as most of their better balls have asymmetric cores.

striker12
07-22-2013, 09:51 PM
thanks guys i will take a look into them and by the sounds of it i should get 2 storm balls.

dnhoffman well the hyroad pearl thing is my meanstreak brawler is already a hybride and i got the covered so i should get a pearl and a solid. as from what billf said but we will see what other people recommend too just in case they have other ideas.

and lockwood i got dry lanes covered with my c300 freeze because i got it drilled for dryer lanes when i use to bowl in kingston.

75lockwood
07-23-2013, 07:17 AM
right i lapsed on the whole symmetric core part... forget about the sync lol. another option would be to wait and see whats coming out for the start of the season.

dnhoffman
07-23-2013, 07:50 AM
dnhoffman well the hyroad pearl thing is my meanstreak brawler is already a hybride and i got the covered so i should get a pearl and a solid. as from what billf said but we will see what other people recommend too just in case they have other ideas.

Hey champ - the new Hyroad Pearl is a Pearl coverstock - unlike it's predecessor the Hyroad (which has a hybrid coverstock).

See also: IQ Tour Edition, IQ Tour Pearl.

striker12
07-23-2013, 12:13 PM
oh alright sorry i was thinking of the original hy-road ok i will take a look at this one too.

i have been righting down all the bowling ball names you guys have given me and once it get to a week before the season starts thats when i'm going to pick but you your guys help.

dnhoffman
07-23-2013, 12:59 PM
It's all good - Bill's suggestions are great too, best of luck with your new equipment.

striker12
08-05-2013, 11:05 PM
i need more suggestion here there only a few because i want to look at more bowling balls and then i will do another thread and have oyu guys help me pick witch ones i should get by voting.

Stormed1
08-07-2013, 09:39 PM
I was thinking maybe a Lights out or a Freakin Frantic to fir between your Brawler and the Freeze

striker12
08-08-2013, 11:37 AM
I was thinking maybe a Lights out or a Freakin Frantic to fir between your Brawler and the Freeze

thanks stormed i will add those to the list