PDA

View Full Version : Which Drilling Pattern is Right For Me?

JCasey1992
07-23-2013, 10:36 PM
I was looking on bowlingball.com and saw the drilling patterns for some of the storm balls I was looking at. it was things like "_X_X_" I am planning on changing to a 16 pound arsenal so what I was wondering was which drilling pattern fits my game the best. I am a low rev/low-medium speed bowler. what do these patterns do for the reaction and which one fits me best?

Thanks,
Casey

austin
07-24-2013, 03:17 AM
This is the downfall of purchasing balls online. Where as if you go to your local pro shop they can watch how you bowl and give an informed opinion of what balls and layouts will work best for you.

dnhoffman
07-24-2013, 09:37 AM
You need to find a good pro/driller and work with them. No one can tell you this without watching you bowl, measuring your PAP, axis tilt, etc. and no one should drill it (imo..) without weighing the ball with a proper scale and determining a need for weight/balance holes.

billf
07-24-2013, 10:22 PM
Statements such as low rev/low speed are subjective. The difference between say 8 mph and 12 mph are significant yet both are slow. A good driller would go a long way in getting the most out of your purchases.